5.0 out of 5 stars Reordered!
After watching two episodes, I've already preordered it.

It's so funny, and quick and anyone who is a fan of British comedy will love this. Great for anyone who likes Skins, As If, Misfits, Queer as Folk, Shameless, Human Traffic and any other show with fast paced jokes, drug references, a sexual undertone and a great cast.

I thoroughly recommend it,...
Published on 9 Nov 2011 by MR C M WEST

3.0 out of 5 stars SO FUNNY BUT FOR ADULTS ONLY
LAUGH OUT LOUD COMEDY SERIES - NOT THE USUAL SITCOM, AND CERTAINLY NOT FOR THE EASILY OFFENDED, BUT SO VERY FUNNY IN PARTS - WORTH WATCHING
Published 19 months ago by Mrs. Moira Tampsett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Reordered!, 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: Threesome - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
After watching two episodes, I've already preordered it.

I thoroughly recommend it, and just wished it was on something more mainstream than Comedy Central!

5.0 out of 5 stars All good clean smutty fun!, 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: Threesome - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
When I first watched this series, it felt like falling in love. At first, I wasn't sure. Then, I laughed, then I laughed again, and then I thought, uh-oh! And then there was no hope for me. I was in love.
Three friends share a house - a gay bloke, and a heterosexual couple. On the woman's 30th birthday they get absolutely slaughtered and end up having a threesome. Then she announces she's pregnant. The first series follows her pregnancy from conception to delivery and how each character deals with imminent parenthood, loss of their own youth, and whether they'll drop the baby/set the baby on fire/sell the baby on ebay by mistake, etc.
It is hilarious. And sometimes disgusting. And sometimes really lovely. All three heroes are excellent, as are their collective mums. I can't recommend it enough and if you're a fan of Benidorm, Being Human, or Misfits, then this is the comedy for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funniest original comedies EVER!, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: Threesome - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I love this how... wasnt heavily promoted on TV and found it by accident... thank goodness we did!

The story is of a straight couple and their gay housemate who on her 30th birthday have a threesome (helped along with lots of shots and drugs!). She subsequently gets pregnant and whilst her and her boyfriend are initially elated things turn complicated when he finds out he cant have children... the father is the gay best friend!

They decide to bring the baby up together and the series focuses on her pregnancy and how they all deal with it... all with hilarious results! The threesome struggle with giving up drink, drugs and the party lifestyle along with the idea of being responsbile for a baby.

Every character from the threesome to the THREE grandmothers are acted with perfect comic timing - some times the comedy is childish and obvious whilst other times it is as subtle as a single look.

The only complaint I have is that it was never promoted enough and disnt have a prime time slot as so many people missed it!

I have already pre-ordered this for me and a couple as gifts for friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 14 Sep 2012
Amazon Customer "SupernaturalNerd" (I'm On Mars (The Chocolate That Is :D)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Threesome - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I watched the entire series in one night, I just couldn't stop! It's one of the most refreshing, funny things i've watched in a long time and if I had the money I would be ordering this straight away, as it is worth it. My only complaint isn't even a complaint, just that i'd have loved it if the series was longer (i'm hoping we might get a second season) but each episode, considering they're only about 22 mins long was delightful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Threesome - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
The British are the Kings and Queens of comedy and this series doesn't disappoint, finally a female character that isn't like all the other female comedy characters you see. When it was showing on the TV, I honestly was looking forward every week when it was on, comedy should deserve to get more awards because it is so hard to write something that makes everyone laugh!

4.0 out of 5 stars Has some really good moments, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Threesome - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
No matter what you say about this series... at least it's an original idea. It's not a copy of anything else and for that I am grateful. I am grateful because this series is just silly entertainment that doesn't need to be taken seriously, it's about three crazy best friends who accidentally have a baby together and that's that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, with characters that feel real but exaggerated (in a great way), 18 April 2014
I'm really enjoying this series. I like how all the characters are a bit caricatures of themselves and how it portrays young adults in London without judgement. It has great comedy without being too over the top.

The one thing that really bothered me was a comment on how bisexuals don't exist that the gay character says. I get that this is meant to make the possibility of the straight man hooking up with him impossible, but it is a completely biphobic comment. I doubt anyone in show business would get away with including a racist comment in a script that other characters just took in their stride, so I'm amazed that they include ones that are known to be overly denigratory to 50% of the LGBT community and think they can get away with it. I hope the producer and director wake up to this fact.

Otherwise, excellent comedy and great to see alternative family models out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: Threesome - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant! Been waiting for ages for DVD release! Will be sharing with everyone! In fact I think it will be Everyones Xmas present!

5.0 out of 5 stars unmissable, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Threesome - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I expected to hate this: it had all the ingredients for a cliché-ridden "comedy" that would be about as funny as watching paint dry. How wrong I was: the characters are really brilliantly portrayed - no silly stereotypes, predictable situations or hammy acting. The supporting cast are as good as the main 3 actors. Definitely recommend it.

As with other reviews, my only negative point would be the lack of any sort of promotion that this show has had. I can't turn my TV on without running into an episode of "two and a half men" or the dreadful "everybody loves raymond". Why not push a really funny show that's actually made in Britain?

4.0 out of 5 stars really quite entertaining, 10 May 2014
found it by chance on instant and wasn't sure what to make it with the title..

the other reviews very quite positive so started watching it....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand watched it all in one evening.

really light and funny. very entertaining.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Threesome - Series 1 [DVD]
Threesome - Series 1 [DVD] by Amy Huberman (DVD - 2012)
7.56