5.0 out of 5 stars A genuine improvement over the original.
Published on 25 Nov 2011 by Sunny Daze

3.0 out of 5 stars gets you off the couch but I wasnt blown away
Pros: its good fun and you can play with friends. A great way to burn a few unwanted calories!

Cons:Its a bit tricky to get all the moves down, and I found that you need alot of space. I didn't find myself wanting to keep playing it every week.

Overall would recommend "Just dance" for entertainment value.
Published 12 months ago by T.N.L

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuine improvement over the original., 25 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zumba 2 Fitness Wii - Bundle Pack with Belt accessory (Video Game)
So Zumba 2 finally hits the UK. Why they kept the UK waiting is one of life's mysteries, but there you have it. I was going to wait a while before reviewing this, but seeing as how the information on the product page is pretty much non-existent, I thought I would give some product information coupled with my initial findings after a couple of days play. So what do you get for your money? The game and the belt. Personally I don't really get on with the belt, and prefer sticking it in my pocket. Belt lovers will be happy though.

The menu menu gets straight down to business:

-| Main Menu |-
Single Song
Full Class
Learn the Steps
Progress Tracker
Options

-------------| Single Song |-------------

The Single Song option lets you do a single song, naturally enough, once you have created your profile. To do this you enter a short nickname and your age, weight and height.

You get to choose from the following:

---| Low Intensity |---

Ta Picao
We Speak No Americano
Zoka Zumba
Zu Bailaito

As you can see, there is a varied bunch of not very well known tracks. Whether you see this as a good thing or a bad thing is down to your own opinion. Personally, I don't mind what music they use provided its easy to follow. And they are easier to follow. The graphics have had a revamp, and you can no longer just waggle and forget. Your steps actually count now.

-------------| Learn The Steps |-------------

In the first Zumba, following was difficult to master, but this was made up by a very charitable accuracy measurer. IE as long as you waggled it about you were ok. This is no longer the case.
This would have been a problem were it not for the greatly improved tutorial. If you select LEARN THE STEPS from the main menu, you actually get a decent tutorial that is easy to follow. It covers the following steps:

---| Salsa |---

Knee Lift
Destroza
Bounce

-------------| Full Class |-------------

Once you have mastered a single song its time to up your game. Full Class gives you the following options:

10 Short Classes
10 Mid-Length Classes
10 Full-Length Classes
8 Custom Playsets

Each class takes place in one of five locations

LA Pool Party
Miami Yacht Party
NY Nightclub
VIP Pool Party
Zumba Dance Studio.

I've only done the short classes and they nearly killed me, so there is plenty of mileage in this as an exercise tool. Aside from the above, you get options to view your stats etc. Irrelevent to me though. My bathroom scales and belt are the only stat counters I am interested in. But if you get comforted by seeing calorie counters (no matter how inaccurate they are in reality) then you will have plenty of numbers to look at.

The bottom line is that if you played Zumba and enjoyed it you will like this. If you played Zumba and found it too difficult to get into owing to the poor instruction, then rest assured that these tutorials are much better, so you will like it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zumba 2 is fantastic., 8 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I go to Zumba regularly at my gym, so was keen to try this game. To be honest I wasn't overkeen with Wii Zumba 1. I found the dancer routines quite hard to follow and the graphics were poor. No such problems with Zumba 2! What a fantastic game!!! The graphics are far superior. The lead dancer (who you follow) is one of the Zumba team (from Zumba dvd) and the dancer changes with every song. There are also back-up dancers in the background, making it much easier to follow. Also there is a little circle at the top of the screen, which shows you the next dance move.

Once you have loaded your profile, you have a choice of dancing to:

'Single song'
'Full class'
'Learn the steps'
'Progress tracker'.

I have just done the 'full class' section. Within this section, you have a choice of a short class, mid , full length or a custom playlist (where you can choose your songs). You can also choose your intensity level.

When you have finished your class, it tells you how well your technique was, how many calories you have burnt, and your score. As you progress through the game, you are given trophies, which are added to your progress tracker.

My only 2 small critisisms of the class section, is that it doesn't tell you how long each class is. There is no clock either, so you have no idea, how long you have been dancing for and how long you have left. I did the mid length class on mid intensity and it lasted 50 minutes. Also, I sometimes find my Wii remote falls out of the Wii pouch, especially with the more energetic dances.

So, in conclusion, apart from 2 small details, I think this game is excellent and is about the closest you will get to a real life class.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fitness programme that will last, 10 Jan 2012
R. Battersby (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Tried a medium intensity "short" class first and whilst I'm the first to admit I haven't exercised for far too long it was a real effort to get through it (20 mins long and 5 songs). I understand the medium length ones are 45 mins (quite a jump!) and the long ones 60 - though how many songs in each I don't know as I really can't do that yet. The short class has become a lot more do-able in the week I've been doing it and I've been adding an extra single song or two onto the end (Which I'd recommend to try to stretch the 20 min routine fitness into a 45 one eventually).

First hint - if you put the remote in the belt remember to remove the silicone cover on it first (sounds obvious when you say it but I'm not the only one that's tried to put it in with it still on I'm sure).

Second hint - remote goes in belt so that top is at the top (Otherwise you get really bad scores and a lot of frowny faces from the instructors at the end)

Third hint - try out a single song or two first if you're really unfit - if you think you're reasonably fit try a short class.

Fourth hint - especially if you're out of practice the man is the easiest to follow, then the black woman with the hispanic? woman obviously being very fit and young - and whilst she's very good at doing it herself I don't find her as good as a teacher.

I'm really enjoying it and can see it lasting a long time as a routine (certainly incredible value compared to classes even if it's not as socialable). Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUCH improved sequel to Zumba!, 2 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was going to keep this as a present the children were going to give me for Christmas, as I'm already a fan of the first Zumba. I've been doing that for months and thought it was really good, although there were things lacking with it. However, I couldn't help myself and opened Zumba 2 yesterday! SO glad I did. It really is superb........the characters are so much easier to follow as they are almost human looking (ie the graphics are infinitely improved), it seems much more upbeat so you get an even better workout (I did a full intermediate yesterday and it was much harder than the Zumbathon on the first Zumba), there are more targets, this version has tracking of your weight, calories burned etc, and I love that aspect. You can do lots of other things that I shall probably never use other than with the children (more users at one time for a party etc) but I really wanted this for an exercise tool). Oh, and it shows you what move is coming up next which means you have more continuity from the off. All in all, I really can't stress just how much this game has been improved from the first! BUY!

4.0 out of 5 stars maybe not for my age group, 9 Jan 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
i am a 57 year old woman who has lost 6 stone in weight & wants to get fit, it's great fun but i found it really hard to do because i suppose i'm not a supple as i used to be!!!hoping to find it easier the more i use it, think young people will love it, it's a fun way to get fit

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
As a regular gym user, i doubted the workout ability this may provide, but i shouldn't have. I sweat more doing this than i do running for half an hour on the treadmill. Suffering aching legs the next day I feel it was worth every penny!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to get fit, want fun, want to lose weight, want to party?, 14 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Zumba 2. OH... MY.... GOD!!!!!!! You HAVE to get this!!! It is AMAZING!

I had the first one which was good for a bit and then I got a bit bored with it because it was hard to navigate, the graphics were apalling and it was, in a nutshell, rubbish.

But Zumba 2.... this is absolutely BRILLIANT!!! The tunes and graphics are fab, the moves hot. Just when you feel you can't take anymore a thumping bass line kicks in that gets you going again.

I've just done 25 minutes on it; by the end of song 3 my heart rate was at 171, at the end of song 4 at 180 (I'm surprised I'm still alive!) and then maintained at 171 until the end of the 25 minutes. That's 400 calories burnt! Wowzers!

I love dancing, but can't get anyone to go to classes with me. I nearly cried during the first song cos FINALLY I was learning some awesome moves and having such a blast! AND I was doing a full on cardio workout in the privacy of my own home. Jillian Michaels move over! This is a full body workout that's FUN FUN FUN and teaches you some badass moves for the dancefloor!

But beware: If you're going to give it your all, you're gonna need next to nothing on in the way of clothes, a bottle of water and, most imporantly, a sweat towel, cos you're gonna SWEAT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted to zumba 2 for the wii!, 7 Jan 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Received this game as a christmas present and so glad I did as its made me get my moneys worth out of the Wii. Ive not got the first game so cant comment on whether its better than that but really love this one, I'm finding it better than the wii fit and keep wanting to go back on day after day. You definitely work up a sweat doing this and can do as much or as little as you like. Some good music and some of the same music from the classes, definitely better than the DVD I've only ever done that a couple of times. You can also track your progress and how much you've been playing,calories burnt. You also get things to unlock such as playing twice in one week/ four times a week/ completing all songs/a high intensity song which really motivates me to do more and more. I find it difficult to fit exercise in but I love that I can do Zumba in my own home without having to pay for every class and go out in the cold/dark. I have read some reviews that don't rate it very good but you can make it as good as you want, some people are just too picky! I would definitely recommend it whether you have zumba experience or not!

5.0 out of 5 stars Zumba 2 is AMAZING, 23 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Have never done Zumba before and I didn't have the original.

I have however bought just about every other fitness game for the wii and every other type of fitness DVD on the market all of which have been used approximately twice and then remain forever on the shelf. THIS IS THE ONE. All I can think about is Zumbaing, I've had it a couple of weeks, have used it every day that I can and all I can say is that it's fantastic.

It's great fun, the routines are easy to follow and it gets me moving and most of all SWEATING. I can already feel the difference in my muscles and I am beginning to be able to last a little bit longer when playing, although i'm still working up to the holy grail of a 1hr class!!

The main thing that I love is that unlike other dance workouts I've tried you don't have to be a professional dancer to do it!! The more effort you put in to the moves the more you'll get out of it.

IF you're considering whether to buy this then GO FOR IT you won't regret it. And for the price of about 4 Zumba classes where I live it's definitely great value for money as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I'd hoped, 29 Dec 2011
S. A. Fowler (England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got this game hoping that it would be a reasonable substitute for going to actual zumba classes, which I used to go to but found too expensive to continue long term at 5 a pop.

I played the game for the first time yesterday and did a 45 minute class, and found that the steps were all very familiar from the classes I used to go to and the whole experience felt very similar to a real class. It was fun, motivating, and it really got my heart rate up and got me sweating - and I'm reasonably fit anyway.

I think it will be a good game to play regularly - I like that there are options for 20 minute, 45 minute and 60 minute workouts depending on how much time you have, and by completing different elements you can 'unlock' various rewards. The progress tracker is really good too, telling you how long you played the game for each day/week/month, and how many calories burned. Obviously this is an estimate, but it looked fairly accurate to me - telling me 345 calories for a 45 minute workout. Given that Zumba normally claims to burn 500-1000 calories an hour, that doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Overall I'd say this is a great game, really good as a substitute for going to the real thing, and plenty of fun. Somebody new to Zumba may find the steps tricky to follow at first, but this is no different to going to an actual class - just keep at it and you'll pick it up!

ARRAY(0xa845ea08)