5.0 out of 5 stars excellent dress!
Published on 3 Jan 2012 by little charlie

3.0 out of 5 stars Fab dress, but beware of sizing!
What a lovely girlie dress, but it is very small, so be careful when ordering and go up at least a size! The dress looks even better with a petticoat underneath, and very good value indeed.
Published on 18 May 2012 by Clemmy

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent dress!, 3 Jan 2012
I bought this dress as I'm a big fan of 1950s fashion; this dress does not disappoint! Word of warning though: if, like me, you've been blessed with a big chest you may well need to order a bigger size . I bought the dress in a size 14 when I'm normally a 12, and it just about fits up top, but it is still very comfortable, and the sash helps create a tiny waist. This dress is so easy to wear, there is already a tulle underskirt for a nice full effect, or you can wear an extra underskirt-that's what I do to achieve a fuller effect. Buy this dress, you'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile beautiful dress and add petticoat for added WOW, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: Pretty Kitty Fashion 50s Polka Dot Black Vintage Swing Prom Pin-Up Tea Dress - SIZES UK 8-26 (Apparel)
Upon receiving this dress and unpacking it I immediatley knew I had been right choice to size up. I am usually and 8-10 but with generous boobs and I could see the 12 would be a good fit.

Even out of the packet I really liked it, and the ribbon belt is really beautiful too - shiny and silky.

The fabric is spotty and cotton with a slight sheen making it versatile and classy.

When I got home I couldn't wait to try on the dress and - OMG - it's a perfect fit! Looks stunning on (If I do say so myself :) and this was before I'd added my petticoat underneath. The shape is extremeley flatting and does not squash by boobs, like some other dresses can (and the squashed-boob look is never good) the included netting can be seen and looks really lovely.

Anyway, I went ahread and added the petticoat and OMG! This is truly a beautiful dress that with the petticoat produces a very womanly silhouette whilst being sexy at the same time. I added pointy shoes with an ankle strap but I would imagine many shoes would team very well with this dress. Be prepared to swoosh around and develope a WWW (womanly wiggle walk ;) and be prepared for some serious male appreciation - my boyfriend loved me in this dress and just kept staring and saying 'wow!'

I bought this dress for an evening black tie event and ordered an alternative blue dress in the same style also from Amazon. The intention was to choose one and return one but - although the blue one is more suitable for my needs - I am keeping this one too. Will look perfect for christmas day, or new years, or the next wedding/graduation (or even an office party) without the petticoat makes this dress more suitable for day, maybe a date, or a house party.

You won't regret this purchase girls, remember to SIZE UP or you will be left dissapointed and red in the face after trying to fasten the zip, and if you are wanting WOW the petticoat in 26 inch is a MUST!

Now my only negative points are:

a) the dress's netting as a vertical tear at the front. You can hardly notice with the petticoat, but it's
slightly more notiable without.

b) The cap sleeves are literally caps of fabric over the upper arms. when you put your arms up, the sleeves will slip off upwards towards your neck. A mobile sleeve would have been better.

I can't help but give 5 stars though, as value for money is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super flattering lovely dress, 12 Dec 2012
I ordered my dress yesterday and it's just arrived. I am delighted with it. It's so flattering and very well made, especially considering the price. The skirt is lined with a lace edged lining which just adds that little something. This dress would suit any age - I'm 41 and it's perfect for me. I am usually a size 8-10 and I ordered a 12 which is just about right. I think a 10 would have been too small. The only tiny negative is that I would say the sleeves are a little uncomfortable, but that's a small price to pay for wearing the dress! Can't wait to wear it for my night out on Friday!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fab dress, but beware of sizing!, 18 May 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect dress, 30 Aug 2013
I have always been a bit dubious about buying dresses over the internet, but after reading the reviews for this dress and seller i decided to go for it. The dress is perfect and was just as the description said. I wouldn't think twice about using this seller again and would recommend to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars vintage ease, 18 Dec 2013
Usually wear a 14-16 and I am big busted, so I ordered an 18- fits like a glove, comfortable and looks exactly as shown. I am chuffed and can't wait to wear it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful dress, 10 Jan 2012
I've just received my dress (well ahead of time!) and it's absolutely beautiful. Maybe a bit long for the petticoat (unless it's me who is too short! :)) but I can't wait to wear it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so sweet!, 8 Dec 2011
I like it very much feeling myself like 60 years ago ;) The size is as it is. A dress has it's own underskirt even so it's not puffy. I didn't realize that and ordered one more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be the star of any show, 20 May 2014
This seller is a real credit to Amazon....fantastic and quick service....arrived in NI morning after order.

A really lovely, wearable dress. Fabric is lovely with a slight sheen that will produce a crisp and immaculate 50s look with the appropriate accessories. Alternatively, could be a demure but original prom dress. Whichever way it is worn it will be sure to make the wearer feel a million dollars.

I am 5'4" and size 8 but guided by other reviewers comments, purchased a size 10 and found it a perfect fit. I work outdoors as well as working out so have toned upper arms...so was little concerned about the tight sleeve comments....although I didn't have a problem I reckon if it was there would be an easy solution to letting them out if required.

The dress certainly flatters the figure....prepare to show off your feminine side and attract plenty of admiration.

Thank you Pretty Kitty Fashion.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty fab, 28 Mar 2012
I ordered this on Thursday, it arrived Tuesday - perfect! I ordered a size 12 - I am typically a 10 bottom and 12 on top - and am really pleased I did as it's snug. Looks great and can't wait to wear it to this weekends 1950's party!