5.0 out of 5 stars The Kinky Kindle Cover
This is a really nice design, offering a simple way to protect your Kindle device. The silicone sleeve fits over your Kindle Touch hugging its sides perfectly and the rubbery texture feels really nice to the touch (ooer-missus).

Published 21 months ago by The Truth

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better
The Kindle Touch has a non-slip rear that makes it comfortable to hold single handed even at a steep angle. This case is a tight fit around the Touch, with cut-outs for the screen and home button, micro-USB port and headphone socket and twin speakers. It incorporates a rubber button cover for the power toggle.

It feels revolting to the touch! It doesn't add...
Published 18 months ago by

5.0 out of 5 stars The Kinky Kindle Cover, 21 Jan 2013
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

You don't have to be into rubber to appreciate this cover though. Basically - it just looks great in a slightly Jame's Bond / Diver's Watch Strap rubber sort of way.

The rubber also makes it non-slip and easy to grip, especially as there is detailing on back which aids grip further. This isn't over the top and, in keeping with the rest of the design, is very simple.

There are cut-outs allowing access to all your Kindle's ports and I think this is a very smart looking item. The only downside is that your screen isn't protected but that's par for the course with this type of cover.

Please note that this cover only fits the Kindle Touch and not the standard Kindle. If you want this cover for the standard Kindle however, it can be found here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, apart from area around the home switch., 1 July 2012
The skin was easy to fit and is very grippy for reading lying down etc. The only thing I find wrong with it (and others have commented on this too.) is the baggy part around the home switch. It is far too large a hole for the small button area, (as you can actually see from the picture) it could have been produced with a smaller opening or even a very thin raised area, similar to the on/off button area. I have given this product 4 stars and not 5 for this reason and because maybe it is a little on the expensive side too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite Enough Protection, 17 Jan 2013
A. Rose (Devon & Menorca) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After reading one or two other reviews I expected this cover to be a poor fit but it actually fits perfectly with no loose edges or raised bits. The feel is of a lovely soft grippy velvet - a bit like some of the gel-skin phone covers. It leaves the important bits open for ease of use ie. the Home Button and the area where the cable fits to connect to a computer or charger. My only gripe is that the screen (the most vulnerable part of the Kindle) is left open to be scratched but I suppose you know this from the picture and description before you buy. I shall only use this cover when at home because I can't even put it in a handbag for fear of scratching the screen with keys, pen, umbrella handle etc. I would be happier spending a little more money for a cover that folds over the screen such as Belkin Verve Tab Folio Case With Magnectic Tab Closure For Kindle - Purple, or the very best one is the custom fit one from Amazon Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Cover, Wine Purple (will only fit Kindle Touch).

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful fit, but not as grippy as expected, 29 Aug 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really impressed about how well this fit my Kindle Touch. You have to stretch it a bit to get it in place, but it all springs back nicely. It affords good protection to the back, sides and corners. The cut outs are well placed and do not interfere with the operation of the Kindle. The power button is covered over, but with a slight rise in the case for you to locate it and be able to power the unit on and off. It weighs only a few grams and doesn't add any unpleasant bulk to the device.

I cannot say that the lack of screen protection is a negative point as this is not a feature of the cover. If you are looking for a screen cover then don't touch this. There are some good covers around that fold over and away from the screen to protect it when in a bag etc.

A few minor points: I didn't find the cover to be as grippy as I was expecting. Now this could be down to my freakishly soft and smooth hands (it is a curse!) but I was expecting something that would balance in the flat of my hand without having to actually grip it. In contradiction to the grip in hand, things like; hair, dust and other small detritus want to cling onto the cover for dear life and can give it a messy look.

Not quite what I was expecting, but it is a well made case, gives a fair amount of protection and at the current price of 5GBP, it is better value than some of the other covers on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Also fits the Kindle Paperwhite, 15 July 2013
B. Innes "Mtoto" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have the Kindle touch and the Paper white. This fitted both of them.

Good fit.

Neat opening for all cables.

Does not add much weight to the Kindle.

Really protects the corners.

You do have to remember to turn your Kindle off as the screen is touch sensitive and just flinging it into your bag at a tube stop means you often move on several pages.

Also, as a few others have noticed it does seem to act as a crumb magnet in your bag...

5.0 out of 5 stars Dressin' Up your kindle..., 1 May 2013
AyJay (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There isn't much to say for this, apart from "it's a bargain and a must-own". Well, a must-own if you have a kindle Touch. The silicone is perfect for protecting your kindle from light scrapes, knocks, liquid splashes, and texture of the casing is easy to get a good grip on your kindle.

I'm now on my third Kindle, as the casing on the other two began to crack [no - I've never dropped them etc]. I think they cracked at the corners as those are the pressure points - and I don't think the traditional elastic grips on most Kindle covers helps this, if anything it places more pressure on your Kindle. The Kindle fits snugly in the case, and when it's secured it won't pop back out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value if you want to use a silicone protective case with your Touch, but we prefer the Marwell Atlas folding Case, 17 April 2013
Keith_Joseph (West Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have the Marware Atlas Kindle Cover, Black (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle and Kindle Touch) which we really like as it allows you to use the Kindle like a book, folding the cover behind it when reading, and it offers excellent screen protection when closed (my Touch already had a screen scratch from dropping it onto the junk on the floor, hence buying the Atlas cover). This Marware silicone skin case doesn't protect the screen as such, but does add a further layer recessing the screen out of trouble, and it offers good protection for corners/sides and back if dropped. Fitting and removing the silicone case is easy, although we had to remove the Touch from the Atlas cover. We quickly noticed how much easier the on/off switch was to use with the silcone case (it's covered by the case so you push on a silicone bobble to hit the switch). On the folding Atlas case the on/off switch is recessed behind the cover edge and more tricky to use. The home switch and charging port/headphone socket are also easily accessed when using the silicone case.

We thought this silicone case was solidy made and fitted well, plus we liked it in black. We did find crumbs & grit sticks to the case a lot, so we have to brush them off every time we pick up the Touch (no real problem, but it does feel a bit icky). Plus the silcone feel isn't quite as nice as the feel of the kindle itself (which is also antislip finnished, although perhaps the silicone offers a little more grip with sweaty hands, hence the 'SportGrip' in the name). We didn't notice any increase in weight using the case, probably as the Touch is pretty weighty anyway. Overall we really liked it as cheap well made silicone case, so 5*. However we do prefer our Marware Atlas Kindle Cover about the house and on our travels, and would still buy it in preference, particularly when it's typically discounted to £15 (and the Atlas folding case fits a variety of Kindles). But when on offer for just over a fiver, this silicone case is a good value if you would prefer that type of protection and feel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 30 Mar 2013
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

It feels revolting to the touch! It doesn't add much in the way of grip, being quite smooth. I don't dare test how protective it is by dropping the Kindle on a hard surface. I suppose it might survive.

I would say that it is easier to hold than the official leather covers, less easy to hold than a bare Kindle and a better fit than those covers with four unsteady elasticated straps holding them on. I am not sure exactly what to make of this case, hence my rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tactile and Practical, 30 Mar 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This a handy and now reasonably priced cover for the KINDLE TOUCH [note only the Touch] that has a very tactile rubbery feel and I found it fitted well, and leaves all ports and buttons easy to access as well as the screen completely clear to view.

It's effective as both a protective and an easy grip cover. Usual good Marware quality, can't go wrong at five quid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Protects, but slippery and adds weight, 20 Mar 2013
J. Chandler (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This case is well made, protects the kindle, with a nice textured surface. As such it accomplishes it's purpose.

However, the main downside is that it also adds an noticeable amount of weight to an already portly Kindle.

Additionally, despite the 'SportGrip' name, the silicone is surprisingly slippery in the hand, being only slightly better than the smooth finish of the kindle itself.