5.0 out of 5 stars The Keeper of my attention
A truly amazing read. Had my Kindle recharging whilst reading. Read in one go, absolutely brilliant. I have read a good few books in my life but not one has ever gripped and refused to let go like this one. FANTASTIC!!!
Published on 2 Dec. 2012 by brynley john hall

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings
This book contains some amazing ideas and some interesting little quirks, too. Some of the characters are very appealing (Amelien) and there is a sense of, "I want to read on" going on with it....but it needs trimming and stabilising, or something I can't really put my finger on. It rambles rather too much and some of the ideas, whilst imaginative, seem so far-out that...
Published on 16 Jan. 2013 by J Corrigan

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars review of the keepers of the key, 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Keepers of the Key (Kindle Edition)
excellent story, well written and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, unfortunately I started reading and did not want to put it down, so I am in big trouble with the wife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best read in years...!, 9 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Keepers of the Key (Kindle Edition)
This is the best book I have read in ages. New, original, exciting and amusing. One of those rare books where i want to keep reading to know how it ends, but don't want to as it means it will be over sooner. Fantastic. I found this looking for bargain reads on the Kindle, get it now! it will have you hooked from page one. Can't wait for the next in the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of spelling mistakes, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Keepers of the Key (Kindle Edition)
This novel has an ok storyline and I would have rated it higher but for the extraordinary high level of spelling mistakes. Found myself having to continually read back over sentences to get a clear understanding of what is written.

I've never encountered this level of spelling errors in other novel whether paper or electronic format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 23 July 2013
This review is from: The Keepers of the Key (Kindle Edition)
This book will keep your attention throughout it is fast paced and moves through time with ease. It is a different slant on good and evil and the battles that take between the sides. It is a different view of angels and demons which is very convincing. I hope Mr Howard does other books as this is awesome, read it, you'll get hooked!

4.0 out of 5 stars KEEPS you guessing, 9 Mar. 2015
J. Gilbert "Binky" (Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Keepers of the Key (Kindle Edition)
The author of this book has a fantastic imagination.The twists and turns of the story were totally unpredictable.Removed one star due to all the typing errors.Not quite the genre I usually read but certainly made me want to keep reading to find out how the main characters would cope with everything that was happening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply astounding!, 24 July 2012
This review is from: The Keepers of the Key (Kindle Edition)
I purchased this with mixed expectations - I hadn't ever heard of this author before and honestly I was expecting something mediocre.

What I read was beyond my expectations. Far beyond that. I consider myself relatively well-read in terms of popular (and unpopular novels), and this is a rare gem indeed. This is likely the most thrilling and complex novel I have read in years, with a plot so full of twists and unexpected turns that it kept me on edge throughout my whole three days of devoting hours to the simple pleasure of reading it. This may sound as though it makes the book relatively complicated - it doesn't. The constant flashbacks, thorough contextual explorations and overall... togetherness of every character, every isolated incident and every potential outcome lead you to a sense of familiarity with each character very quickly - though not at all revealing the possible path of the plotline the whole way along. That's not even mentioning the byplay between personalities - the banter, the innuendo, the simple and complex humor, the enigma and the absolute depth of character will lead you on the ride of a lifetime with identities you'll take to the grave.

This book is made for anyone with a creative mind and an interest in being subjected to one of the most amazing narrated journeys ever taken. This novel is by far the number one on my list, and will stay there until perhaps its sequel comes about.

There's no way to say anything else after finishing this book. It's simply the greatest piece of fiction I've ever read.

1.0 out of 5 stars The keepers of the key, 15 Mar. 2013
D. Foreman - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Keepers of the Key (Kindle Edition)
Downloaded this book for the price and a favourable review; what a mistake.

The story is awful, the characters have nothing of interest and the whole thing is littered with grammatical and spelling errors.

Shockingly bad, don't waste your time or money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Keepers of the Key!, 31 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Keepers of the Key (Kindle Edition)
I really loved this book, it did indeed make me laugh out loud (on the train) and as I got to the end it did make me cry and that's not because I got to the end of the story, if I tell you I will spoil the story so you will just have to read it for yourself!

A mix between fiction, religion and fantasy, the layout and continuity of the story keeps you interested throughout. It really is a book you cannot put down, especially when you begin the adventures with Jonathan and Dowd. But the adventure doesn't stop there, you also follow the adventures of the Keepers of the Key from the beginning keeping you focused all the way through passing through the ages from past to present. You get a great sense of recognition in all of the characters from the way that they are described and you even learn to love the bad characters too.

A very pleasant book to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Keepers of the Key by Eric Howard, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Keepers of the Key (Kindle Edition)
When you start to read this book you become aware very quickly that this is an unusual story. But stick with it because it just keeps getting better and better.

I hope that a follow up book is books are in the pipeline,
Great stuff.

John

1.0 out of 5 stars To confusing., 13 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Keepers of the Key (Kindle Edition)
Only read about 5% got so confused with what was going one, not very well written and very hard to keep a track of the plot which keeps jumping about. Just gave up which is not like me.
Would not recommend unless you have a lot of patience and a good memory

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›