5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Enjoyable
I purchased Mr Pooter's diary after enjoying his daily musings on twitter, and was not disappointed. I was not previously aware of the original, as i am not that "well read", but this did not matter as i was able to enjoy it without cross referring, which may have made me "cross" ha ha....that was a joke.

Mr Pooter is an extremely likeable man who generally...
Published 23 months ago by STGP

1.0 out of 5 stars Plagiarism!
Published 14 months ago by superbonce

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Plagiarism!, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Diary of a Nobody in the 21st Century (Kindle Edition)
What can I say. After having enjoyed the original I gave this a go expecting it to be themed on the original work. I soon found out it is more than themed, it is just a complete copy with some parts changed but mostly just the same. We don't need to know what it would be like in the 21st century, we know as we live in it ! - the beauty of the original book is the musings from a bygone era. A lazy offering ; there are two paths to take

a) If you have not read the original then read that instead of this.
b) If you have read the original you do not need to read this, it's a poor facsimile.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness it was a free download, 27 April 2013
This review is from: The Diary of a Nobody in the 21st Century (Kindle Edition)
I loved the original 19th century Mr Pooter, and was delighted to find this book offered on kindle 'for free'. However, as others have said, it's just a total rip-off of the original. I got bored very quickly and didn't finish reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Enjoyable, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Diary of a Nobody in the 21st Century (Kindle Edition)

Mr Pooter is an extremely likeable man who generally follows a structured path through life, enjoying the finer things in life, like Cava, bran flakes and mini pizzas. He is well supported (most of the time) by the lovely Carrie (Mrs Pooter), his friends (Gowing & Cummings) and his son (Lupin), who i have to say irritated me slightly.

The diary (a bumper 14 months long) gives an enjoyable insight in to his daily encounters with his family, friends, and the honourable Barry Perkupp amongst others. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the diary and would recommend it to anybody.

I am already encouraging Mr Pooter to write a follow up. I suggest you do so via Twitter, his name is @charlespooter

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming read., 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Diary of a Nobody in the 21st Century (Kindle Edition)
Having followed Mr Pooter for a little while on twitter,I was intrigued to read his diary to see if it continued his gentle sense of humour and views on life.I was not disappointed.A thoroughly enjoyable book which,in a complementary way,reminded me of Sue Townsend.Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle humour at its best, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Diary of a Nobody in the 21st Century (Kindle Edition)
I have read the 'original' Diary of a Nobody, so was intrigued by this updating of the idea. I was concerned that the gentle humour might not translate too well into our troubled modern times, but my fears were unfounded. This is beautifully done, with some wonderful phrases and the correct use of English so rare these days. Well worth the paltry sum required to download it. Enjoy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Diary of a Nobody in the 21st Century (Kindle Edition)
If you are familiar with original Diary you are likely to be as disappointed as I was by this update. The events and jokes are exactly the same but given a modern flavour, which although mildly amusing to start with, like Boris as 'Lord' Mayor, gradually cease to have any effect and I couldn't be bothered to finish it. Don't know why all the other reviews are so glowing. They are what persuaded me. I should have tried a sample first and I would have realised, but it's only 2+ wasted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely marvellous, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Diary of a Nobody in the 21st Century (Kindle Edition)
If you have read and enjoyed the original Diary of a Nobody (and who hasn't?), then you will enjoy this book. The diary is successfully brought up to date, whilst retaining the gentle wit and humour of the original. All of the wonderful characters are there, and make for a joyful read. Enjoy it. I did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire, 2 Mar 2014
There is no need for this. Can't blame the writer for his opportunism, but the publisher wants his arse kicking.

5.0 out of 5 stars A guide to Modern Life, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Diary of a Nobody in the 21st Century (Kindle Edition)
having read the original I was dubious about reading this but I have to say it was well worth it. The dilemmas that young Pooter faces are very real!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful read, 22 Aug 2013
Anyone who has read The Diary of a Nobody will love the new book. It is just as amusing and witty in the same genteel style. Modern references increase the humour. If anyone hasn't read the original, buy it too! I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›