on 21 April 2012
As a chef this nice large spatula is better than most...because of its bigger size. cleans the bowl in less strokes when emptying contents and leaves the bowl clean using all the mixture..best to clean by hand rather than dish washer to pro long life use.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 10 February 2014
I can see that this won't please everyone. It is a chunky base-heavy spatula that doesn't balance particularly well in the hand. When you use it, it feels as if you have a big lump of dough on the end of a stick that isn't overly ergonomic to hold.

That being said, I do like it. It is well constructed and the silicone end is bonded firmly to the handle and after almost a year of regular use it isn't showing any signs of breaking off. I have used this regularly in boiling water and oil situations where it has worked without any issues. I always put it through the dishwasher and on some occasions an intense wash, so far the detergents don't seem to have affected it and still shows no signs of deterioration..

There is a feathered edge which is soft and not going to damage any Teflon coated pots and pans or stainless steel bowls. In respect of bowl scraping, I have some bowls with sharp curves where it is not very good, but likewise, I do have some softly rounded stainless steel bowls where it works like a charm. This could just be down to angles and the way I hold it.

Initially I wasn't particularly fussed on it, but having used it over the course of the year I am now quite happy with it. It has certainly been more durable than other spatulas I have used. In terms of VFM, I have had to replace cheaper spatulas that have snapped cleanly in half, accidently melted or have shown signs of perishing in less than a year. This has lasted longer so at the current price of 8GBP with P+P it works out slightly cheaper in the long run.
on 27 May 2015
We have two of these and both had their handles craze then snap.
on 22 January 2013
Perfect utensil BUT as I ordered the hand held whisk at the same time I felt insulted that I was charged two Postages when the spatula was included in the same parcel. Will watch that in future,
on 1 May 2013
Bought this to go with the large bowl mixer and it's fine but, as other reviewers have noted, just a bit too large for me!
on 10 January 2013
Andrew James Extra Large 29cm Silicone Spatula - Prefect For Use with Food Stand MixersI loved this spatula which was included with my Andrew James food stand mixer. Unfortunately the handle broke after just five months of use.
on 3 December 2014
This spatula was a big hit in our kitchen. My girlfriend got spanked on the bottom with is quite often! high quality product for getting me more involved in the cooking. A gift we both enjoy!
on 27 November 2013
this spatular is to stiff. I have had much nicer to use spatulars. I would of sent it back but due to bereavment returning goods was the last thing on my mind.
on 18 June 2015
Bought this for my new Andrew James mixer and it is ideal, gets to bottom of the large bowl to scoop all the food/cake mix. Easy to use. Good 'material'.
on 7 December 2012
Mixing dough, Making lemon curd, Crème diplomat with this is very helpful. Useful for scraping sizes of kitchen aid and transferring dough to piping bag.