Size: A6 165 mm Pepper|Change

on 27 May 2012
I've had Cole and Mason mills pretty much since I first had a place of my own. This is my third set, meaning the other two got roughly 10 years use each. Quality product, built to last and performs perfectly. If you are intending to buy salt or pepper mills, you wont go wrong with these.
on 6 March 2014
I hate spending money unnecessarily but there are times when it makes good sense to do so. Hiring a lawyer is one instance and buying quality salt and pepper grinders is another. We've tolerated several cheap salt and pepper grinders over the years, the latest being in stainless steel and looking good on the table - but they turned out to be a triumph of form over function. Having put up with these inferior grinders for several years, I finally snapped and invested almost twelve quid in a single salt grinder - the Cole and Mason Beech one featured here (and a matching peper grinder from another supplier). OMG - the difference is startling..!! Firstly, its a lovely item to behold, handle and operate with a smooth (non-jerky) action and the ground salt comes out in clouds of consistent size (no lumps). Very very impressed with this item and I can't recommend it highly enough. Unfortunately the company didn't advertise the matching pepper mill so I had to order that from a different supplier (who took 6 weeks to tell me they couldn't get one, but that's a different story). My only suggestion is, if you want both salt and pepper grinders, try to find a supplier which can dispatch both items rather than going separate, as I did.
on 5 February 2013
I've had cheaper mills before which don't work properly.
This one is excellent quality and does the job well and with ease.
You can feel the quality of the mechanics as it grinds.
Well worth the investment.
on 2 March 2012
A very solid grinder, it does the job well, looks good and feels good in the hand. Not stupidly large, but big enough not to disappear into the back of the kitchen cupboard. A good purchase at a reasonable price.
on 25 October 2012
I have been looking for a pepper mill just like this for ages. The ones I have found here in supermarkets, etc have plastic parts which will eventually wear down or break. I wanted a traditional looking pepper mill with a metal grinder and this is exactly that. The beech wood looks great and the mill works perfectly. Definitely happy with my purchase!
on 22 March 2012
I have been using the product for a couple of months now. I got it primarily because it's all wood and it looks fine. Well, the build quality is great and it also works just as great with comfortable grip and grinding decent amount with each turn. I can't think of a single flaw with this mill. Same goes for the pepper model.
on 22 March 2012
I have been using the product for a couple of months now. I got it primarily because it's all wood and it looks fine. Well, the build quality is great and it also works just as great with comfortable grip and grinding decent amount with each turn. I can't think of a single flaw with this mill. Same goes for the salt model.
on 14 March 2012
I have used this product for several months now and I am very happy with it. The grinder mechanism is solidly built and the finish is good as you would expect from Cole and Mason.
on 8 October 2012
I've got through a number of cheaper pepper mills over the years. Some of them have been hard to turn and others have not ground the pepper consistently so that some of the peppercorns were ground to dust whilst others were nearly whole. This mill is a pleasure to use on both counts.
on 4 May 2012
after many years using up a huge amount of peppercorns in a very large plastic pepper mill i decided i wanted proper pepper in a proper mill of the classic style. this one fitted the bill perfectly. of course its the pepper that matters but having a mill like this where you can truly control the amount of pepper and the size of the milled pieces is excellent. for example on garlic bread pizza where fine milled pepper works really well this mill is excellent, looks and feels nice, well made, will clearly last a long time, definitely worth the small purchase price. for other dishes you can mill large pieces (e.g. stew) and it really works as a mill should.