5.0 out of 5 stars The birds love it!
Was surprised how big a sack of food this was - looks good - lots of sunflower seeds etc. Birds seem to love it - have them waiting for me to go out in the mornings!
Published on 23 May 2012 by James Windridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Bag
Published on 24 Nov. 2012 by Mr. J. D. Porter

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Bag, 24 Nov. 2012
Mr. J. D. Porter "John Porter LRPS" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg. (Garden & Outdoors)
I bought this product mainly because of other reviews and apparent value for money. The bag has a zip seal, which helps keep the seed fresh. There was clearly a good mix of seed but the mix is very finely ground, almost to powder, which leads to the feeders becoming clogged very easily. There is a preponderance of ground peanut and the mix smells like peanut butter. I also found that the birds threw quite a lot of it away, leaving a big mess to clean up afterwards. As I think it will be very difficult to train the birds to be more tidy, I will look elsewhere for my next bag of seed in the hope that they throw away less and eat more! Might be OK in some gardens, but it doesn't work for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars The birds love it!, 23 May 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars gratefull birds, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg. (Garden & Outdoors)
Tired of receiving wild bird seed full of rubbish this product is absolutely amazing and excellant value for money, i would buy again also well packed and fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild Bird Food, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg. (Garden & Outdoors)
This Bird Seed Mix is excellent. Birds love it and no mess. Gives me great pleasure to see the birds in the garden happily feeding.
Packaging far superior to any I have bought before. Will most definitely recommend this product and most certainly be buying more. A well presented and first class purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not purchase again, 17 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg. (Garden & Outdoors)
Over the years I have found that types of feeders and their location affects the behaviour of birds in relation to how they eat and view birdseed. Well sorry to be a killjoy on this Peckish 5-1 bird food but the birds in Bath don't rate this food at all, despite filling different types of feeders and moving said feeders to what I think is their favourite locations over the last 2-3 months. Hardly touched the stuff at all and I have yet to refill any of the 2 feeders that we have filled with this food, apart that is from throwing the food away and refilling as just hanging there its bound to get stale. I agree with a previous reviewer that this feed has to be the most disappointing of all feeds that I have purchased here this last Summer. (and we spend a lot each year on birdfood) Vast amounts of what appears to be dust and very little else. I assumed that given the description it is supposed to be vitamins and such like. Anyway its somewhat enlightening really as its not very often you see the small birds giving food a miss. So if you want to save on birdseed then buy this stuff as it will last forever! Like reviewer 'Jovigirl' its back to the RSPB for me. All IMHO of coarse.

3.0 out of 5 stars Our birds really like this food, however they don't eat the red or white Millet and some seeds will grow if left on the floor, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg. (Garden & Outdoors)
Our birds like this food, they all seem to have their favourite bits that they search out by throwing the stuff all over the place.

However, they will not touch the Red or the White Millet, they are good at sorting it out too, they are the only seeds that are leftover every time without fail and we are on our 2nd 12.75kg sack now. We find this strange as we thought the various Finches, Dunnocks and Sparrows would at least eat some of it, but they don't, nothing does even if we leave it out on its own to see if it is eaten. Mind you we do feed various types of food so they may well be spoilt for choice and not hungry enough to eat it.

To see the Millet seeds wasted is a shame as there seems to be a large amount of it in the mixture. I would also like to see all the sunflowers shelled, there's some sunflower hearts in the mixture but there's a lot of very small sunflowers still in their cases, that will add to the weight of the mixture and they are always the last seed to be eaten prior to the two types of Millet being left.

Also in the details on the side of my sack packing it says the seed husks have been removed to prevent any of the seed from germinating and creating unwanted mess and weeds. There are seeds in this mixture that do germinate and they germinate fast in our garden too, they come up in the gravel and any soil they happen to fall on. I would guess it is the Millets as that's what is left over.

Other feeds we put out for our birds include fat balls without nets, suet pellets, sunflower hearts (all our birds even Wood Pigeons and Doves love sunflower hearts) Bird Peanuts, mealworms, Niger seeds and other items we buy at different times of the year.

When this sack runs out we are going to look for a different food that all our birds will finish without leaving any.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food but big lads won`t go near it., 17 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg. (Garden & Outdoors)
Birds love this seed, all except the poor wood pigeons who haven`t been seen near it, only for that reason I probably won`t be buying it again as those poor wee mites need feeding also. I live close to Maiden Castle wood in Durham City, where lots roost, so it could be shooting time for them who do shoot them. Possibly all been shot but doubt it. I cannot call the farmers, must be a real pain to plant out winter wheat and such like and these greedy blighters scoff all the new shoots. That`s one of reasons I like stuffing them with food in my gardens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Wild Bird Food !, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg. (Garden & Outdoors)
My garden backs on to hedgerows and fields, so there do tend to be a variety of birds about, but since I have been putting out this food in the bird feeders and on a bird table, I have seen a lot more birds coming to my garden. The food has attracted robins, wrens, loads of sparrows and starlings, chaffinches, blue tits, great tits, blackbirds, thrushes, ring necked doves and pigeons. This food is eaten really quickly and I fill the feeders about every 1 to 2 days. The much larger birds hoover up any food that spills, so it all goes. This food is very popular with the birds and also seems to be of a much better quality and more natural than many other wild bird foods on the market (some of which contain food colourings - why ??), so I will continue to buy this food for the wild birds and would recommend it to others.

Update: This food has now attracted Reed Buntings to the feeders and now Magpies to the bird table !

5.0 out of 5 stars Preferred nosh., 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg. (Garden & Outdoors)
Having read some of the negative reviews, I can't believe I'm reviewing the same product. I'm now on my second bag of Peckish and it's just as good as the first. Unlike some reviewers, I don't have any noticeable level of dust in with the seed, which in the two bags I've had to date has all been nicely de-husked. As for birds not liking it, our wildlife can't get enough of the stuff; it's proving way more popular than anything I've offered them before. Their preferred nosh used to be suet blocks and fat balls. Not any longer. Now it's Peckish and mealworm they're going for, leaving the suet neglected and unloved. Nor do I have a problem with seed germinating - though as the local pigeons patrol the area below my feeders like guards at a high-security prison, any seed discarded by the smaller birds using the feeders is despatched by the pigeons PDQ. Seriously though, I can't recommend this stuff highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Warned! - it will not last you long, 26 April 2014
Elizabeth C. Colley (Nottinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg. (Garden & Outdoors)
We wanted a bird seed that didn't make a big mess. We have been using seed with the husks still attached, but they end up all over the floor. Also, many of the cheaper bird seed gets rejected by the birds and is discarded onto the floor beneath the bird feeder. This product is a joy to use, no mess, no wast, no husks or seed on the floor - we will always be using this from now on. We are organic and wildlife gardeners and so rely heavily on birds to eat our pests, encouraging them into the garden by all means possible. You will not regret buying this excellent product.

Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg.
Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg. by Westland Horticulture