on 9 May 2014
I have been using Lypsyl for more years than I can remember and until recently always purchased from High Street chemist. After reading the bad reviews of the product online decided to risk it and so purchased pack of three. So far so good! they were fine and just like always had in spite of the reviews. Have now ordered and received a further three and oh dear they are not the same at all. These have the clear twist at the bottom instead of the blue. The 'balm' is much stickier and stiffer to apply and almost unusable. Both types are labeled 'original' so thought would be OK.....so beware. Don't know how one can ensure getting the right product but it does seem that neither the merchant nor Amazon care because I have yet to see any reaction to all the reviews.
NEW INFORMATION....Being annoyed on receipt of the new batch of three Lypsyls.. I contacted the Novartis( producer) and received the the following helpful email from Alliance Pharmaceuticals

Thank you for your email regarding Lypsyl which has been passed to us by Novartis as we acquired this product from them at the beginning of February.

We understand that a reformulation for Lypsyl with a sun protection factor occurred in quarter 4 of 2011. Following further customer feedback on this product, additional work was done to improve skin feel and ease of application in the product in quarter 4 of 2012.

The formulation has remained unchanged since that time.

They have sent me a sample of the latest product which is fine... Carton is headed with SPF 15and contains Vit E and Aloe Vera. Looking at the Amazon merchants offers it seems that some are still 'dispensing' the the older product.
on 8 May 2012
"The lypsyl in the photos is royal blue, that is the original one, but the one that arrives is royal blue with white stripes on it. Lypsyl have changed the packaging AND the ingredients for the worst and find I this new product stretches and pulls the lips because its so hard AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the original!! PLEASE lypsyl Bring back the original!"
1313 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2012
Nothing beats lypsil. I love the stuff. I have tried a whole range of other copy cats but always come back to this one. Its a great product.
on 22 March 2013
This lip balm is not as good as the original lypsyl however it is still one of the best on the market. It doesn't need constant application and this version is great when you need moiterising but no colour.
on 5 December 2013
Lipsyl is by far and away the best remedy for chapped lips. I have used no other product that can heal in such a short time. Forget all the others, this is the business! I have no idea why Boots decided to stop stocking it.

My only complaint is that I live in the USA and had to order this from the UK as we don't get it here. The shipping charges were astronomical and I now that they have arrived I understand why: they were send by registered international mail. Surely not necessary for a few sticks of Lipsyl?
on 7 January 2014
The lypsyl show is the royal blue one but the one that come has a clear bottom and is a different formular. Tastes disgusting and makes my lips itch
on 20 February 2012
Have used this on winter days for years. It is a trusted product that does what it says. The price is much cheaper than Boots.
on 22 November 2012
This was epic, did the job, no fuss, no taste etc but recently they have changed the formula and it is disgusting.

The new ones have a clear plastic ring at the bottom and the contents have a green tint to them. It doesn't work as well and the taste is rank!

Shame, a great product ruined!
on 3 April 2014
Great services but don't like this new type of lypsyl want the original one to come back, why do they have to change things.
on 1 December 2012
Sadly this lip balm seems to have fallen out of fashion with the big retailers. I am a mother of four young children and so there is always someone within our household with sore lips/running noses and there is no other product on the market to match 'Lypsyl'! I really hope 'Lypsyl' doesn't disappear as we do not like the 'slushy' alternatives that melt horribly in summer or in a pocket. I've just bought loads of packs just in case...

See one answered question