Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£14.09

on 16 July 2010
The albums speak for themselves - true classics, all of them. This release is fantastic because you get 5 albums for such a low price. If you don't have these CDs yet, now's your chance to get them. However, don't expect much from the packaging. The box is just a slipcase, about the equivalent of the box from a deck of cards. The individual sleeves aren't up to the standard of mini-LP sleeves, the discs are hard to get in and out of the sleeves, their are no inner sleeves, etc. Of course, most of us are going to rip the music to our iPod, and store the discs away in a closts.

As long as you know what to expect, this is a great purchase.
on 15 February 2011
This represents excellent value for money if you are not too concerned with packaging, which is flimsy and you don't get the literature you would get with the individual CD's. I adored the Bunnymen in the 80's and have most of their albums on vinyl, the quality of their music is exceptional the guitar, drums and of course Ian's amazing voice. If you've never heard of them try them, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
The Albums included on this set are : Crocodiles / Echo and the Bunnymen / Heaven Up Here / Ocean Rain / Porcupine
I thought a track listing would be handy to compare them to ones you may have to se if there are any extra tracks or remastered versions.
From experience I have often found that many of the other sets from different artists are in actual fact the remastered versions with additional tracks or at the very least a mixture of the two.

Still an amazingly cheap set with the neat cardboard sleeves- heck someone has got to love them!

If you spot any mistakes just add a comment and I will rectify it Toot Sweet
(and yes I know it's not spelled that way!!)

The revised track listing (thanks to Areostace for pointing out my mistake btw )
is...

10. Satellite
11. All my life
12. Aereospace Stacie.
on 27 November 2010
Why? Because the music on these discs is an almost faultless reminder of the psychedelic years of Merseyside indie music. Nobody did it better than the Bunnymen, and now those new to the band's early Korova albums with original drummer, the late and sorely missed Pete De Freitas, can hear in one excellent value box set how they breathed new life into the increasingly stale post-punk music scene after the death of Ian Curtis and the 'folding' of Magazine. If you love great eighties indie music you will not be disappointed.
VINE VOICEon 5 May 2012
I love The Bunnymen....one of our best bands ever and if you don't have any of their stuff you should buy this set....

I have them all on vinyl and bought this set just so that I could upload them digitally....well worth while....

This set holds the best of their early stuff..... and as they are still going you should get it, fall in love with them .....and then keep buying their new stuff....

A truly great band....YES! this set is only cheaply put together but its still worth buying.....
on 1 May 2010
This box set contains arguably the Bunnymens finest material, if you like the Bunnymen you will love this collection.
Simply Genius - buy it
on 13 April 2016
Despite the fact I already own these albums on CD and vinyl. I may buy this box set just for the hell of it. Echo & the Bunnymen are a special part of my being since the early 80's when first I discovered this unique band. They were the crowned princes of English indie new wave before a certain band from Manchester came along and stole the thunder. Any aspiring young musicians seeking inspiration should hear these musical gems and the Bunnymen's legacy will continue.
on 29 December 2010
This is the Bunnymen as they should be remembered. Pioneering post punk rockers, a fantastically cool frontman, innovative guitarist & great rhythm section. The first four albums are peerless, the fifth self-titled album a dip in quality with a production which smoothed out the edges, but still contained some good songs.

I had these albums on vinyl & hadn't got round to replacing them on CD until this perfect little set came along. No frills, basic packaging & no extra tracks but an absolute bargain & really, its all about the music not the packaging so go on, just get it!
on 12 September 2013
I had all of the echo and the bunnymen albums on vinyl and had grown up with their brilliance and majesty, unfortunately I lost all my vinyl a few years back, this was a cost effective way of replacing the albums which have not been out of my in car player since.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 July 2012
For a 5-star review all five albums would need to be pretty faultless but truth is each album has some filler, especially the 5th where there are only 3 tunes on a par with the best of the others. On balance, the quality of best tunes across the 5 albums outweigh the lower quality filler. For someone casually interested in EATB this box set is a great and affordable way of getting into them. Frankly you dont need the individual CDs in jewel cases as the inserts were only ever pretty basic anyway. Cant remember if the LPs ever came with lyric sheets but EATB's lyrics dont make a whole lot of sense anyhow. It's the overall sound that counts, Mac's vocals, Will Sergeant's reverbed guitar and a rhythm section beter than U2's or most of the competition at the time. The reformation albums are'nt that great so here you have the essential bits all in once place.