5.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, but pleasantly surprised, 26 Nov 2013
A. Delfino - See all my reviews
This review is from: New World -Spec- (Audio CD)
I was expecting heavier music than Lauri put out with the Rasmus, so I was surprised that this was an electronic album. I loved it though, Lauri really calories the essence of good electronic. It's not obnoxious the way dub step is, it's very musical. the album is a lot more playful than what he does with the band. I would love to see another album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different in a good way, 11 Feb 2013
Toni Bingham (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New World -Spec- (Audio CD)
I did not know what to expect when I bought this album, it is very different from anything I usually listen to, and in fact from anything Ive ever heard before. It took a few listens to get used to the sound, but I found it really grew on me and was really refresing to hear the combination of Lauri's unique voice and lyrics with the synths and an all together more techno/dancy feel. The second CD of remixes is a welcome addition to dance fans like myself. All in all a remarkable album from a remarkable musician but fans of The Rasmus and the pop/rock genre may be disapponted

4.0 out of 5 stars A different direction to The Rasmus, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: New World -Spec- (Audio CD)
First of all, if you expect a pop-rock style like The Rasmus you may be disappointed. Obviously, being the lead singer and songwriter of The Rasmus, Lauri's solo album is not too dissimilar in terms of lyrics and overall sound, but it features a lot of techno and synth! Lauri went a whole different direction with this album and explored genres other than the heavy rock he's used to with the band. It's a very experimental album with a unique theme and look-and-feel.
It took me a while to get into this album but once you open up your mind to it, you really grow to love it! The remixes are just as great - especially the 'What Are You Waiting For' remix. I also recommend New World, In The City and Disco-nnect.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb electro pop in the hurts aha genre, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: New World -Spec- (Audio CD)
this album was much anticipated and hard to track down. but once listened to it lived up to expectations and beyond. all the tracks having merits in one way or another. and the bonus remix cd that accompanied it was again well recieved. the flowing keyboard led songs were a joy to listen to and stayed with you long after the cd had finished and been put away. great melodies and strong vocals keep you within the beats dance or slow haunting they all entanced and made you sing or hum them constantly. in short a real good solid album with good longevity and will become a favorite at home or on a long journey in the car. 10/10.

New World -Spec-
New World -Spec- by Lauri (Audio CD - 2011)