4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased this for my first PC build
Great product, arrived well packaged in a huge box and on time : -)
I purchased this open case to allow room for extra drives, cards etc that my existing tower would not accommodate.

PRO'S :-

CONS:-
its...
Published 10 months ago by mr cd hogben

2.0 out of 5 stars Movement tolerances too much for me
Installed a normal atx motherboard, but when installing a Noctua nh-14 cooler, noticed a flex in the motherboard when mounting. I could see movement, and hence decided not to put my system though a graphics card mount as I decided the flex should and would be too much for my motherboard to handle (normal upper spec components)

The surface area for this case was...
Published on 8 April 2013 by N. Cambell

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased this for my first PC build, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Aerocool Strike-X Air Open Frame PC Case E-ATX 0.7mm USB3 with 20cm LED Fan - Red (Accessory)
Great product, arrived well packaged in a huge box and on time : -)

PRO'S :-
Style, it looks awsome
Build, solid construction
loads of room to play around with things
did I mention it looks cool

CONS:-
its huge, you need plenty of desk space
you will need extensions to your 24 pin and 4 pin12v PSU leads to make a neat job of hiding cables from the PSU to the MB
instructions ( what instructions ) just a couple of pages about how to fit the HD's etc but not enough detail if you are a novice.
this was my first PC build and it involved a bit of independent research on what wires go where before starting.
SATA leads, I had several high grade longer ones I was going to use, but having a right angle plug on them stopped me using them, the corresponding slots in the hotswap bays only have room for straight SATA leads not angled ones. Aerocool do supply three leads but they are basic quality

In conclusion I love the product , if it had better instructions without having to research it would have made the 5 stars

2.0 out of 5 stars Movement tolerances too much for me, 8 April 2013
N. Cambell "Nickyboy" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews

The surface area for this case was also massive, and general cpu power supply cables need an extension to reach standard motherboard cpu power areas.

So in short. If you expect to but this case, get a cpu power extention cable (and others as required), be prepared not to mount heavy components ( the bottom plate will flex), and set 1m by 1m desk area to house the case.

The seller (amazon) shipped and returned quick, but I was not happy for a pc build with this case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing, 30 Mar. 2014
I bought this case for the obvious reason, its looks.
I am pleased with the over all look, but disappointed with the build quality. It just "feels" cheaper than it should.

Firstly, The HDD enclosures....quite flimsy plastic and you cant lock them into place. Mine don't fit quite right and with a the slightest tug I can pull out my HDD which i managed to do when my pc was running as I was cleaning a little bit of dust away.

The rubber trim that fits around the holes for running cables/tubing through to protect them don't fit, they are too big and fall out at a touch.

The lid needs support on the right hand side as it slopes down under its own weight.

The Strike X panel which I also bought doesn't fit this case. I had to cut my case to get it to fit. This was poor design in either the case or the panel.

I have modded my case and have fitted several cathodes, LED strips and braided cables so it definately looks great and allows plenty of air (and dust) around your components.

4.0 out of 5 stars aerocool atrike-x air from ADMI, 11 Mar. 2013
This case is very nice and very big you need a lot of space on the flip side it means there is lots of room inside except for at the back of the hdd bays it was a touch fiddly to get all the cables in.
The catch to release the rom bays from the housing is very flimsy so be careful not to brake it.

other than that its very good my cpu and gpu temps have dropped by 20c (may have a little something to do with the fact i cleaned it out) but it feels like i have an open fridge in my front room :)

other than that its a wonderful product i have given it 4 stars due to the slight imperfections.

ADMI limited got this product out to me very fast i ordered it on the 8th march and it was delivered on the 11th march (delivery due day was 14th march)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Aug. 2014
Cool item, bought for my son. Serves its purpose well and looks good too. Friends/visitors are wowed by it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricy well designed case with useless fan, 4 Aug. 2014
G. Smith - See all my reviews
Build quality could be improved as things flex a bit also note its is large. The 200mm fan may be silent but it move barely any wind.

Other than that you need long psu cables my modular xfx 750w was long enough.

It get a solid 2 stars for value for money it should be around the £50 mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic looking case!, 16 Jun. 2014
Bought for me old man’s Birthday.

It does take up A LOT of room on the desk, it looks fantastic and it very good at keep the components cool.

It has a standard Intel CPU cooler on it at the moment, with easily enough room to house an aftermarket CPU Cooler (Based on my Titan Fenrir cooler), it would have about 12mm space left when closed.

It’s also housing a GTX465 and has plenty of room all-round for this.

1* for Amazon – bought it and 2 of the fan blades had snapped off. It was needed immediately, and Amazon let me down. Had to sourced (luckily had a spare) Fan for the lid, it fitted perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool, 8 Oct. 2013
This case is great if you require access to your mobo often. It's also very quit because it requires less fans to keep cool. I also think this case looks nice too on the floor instead of on a pc desk. The cable management is a bit of a nightmare if using non modular psu but that could be said for lots of other cases too. All in all i'm glad i bought it :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive looks, 9 July 2013
This case is unique and stylish. Of course it takes lots of space on your computer table but its worth it. Only problem which I experiences was, the frame where we put dvd drives, is a but wobbley. Otherwise I like the case and every one who sees it, is quite impressed because of its uniquness and techy looks.

1.0 out of 5 stars too small for GTX 690 and the "door" can't close ..., 21 Mar. 2015
too small for GTX 690 and the "door" can't close with CPU fan Noctua NH-U12P.

But maybe no problem for "medium" size graphic card and not too big CPU fan.