on 12 December 2012
Looked at other similar product but went for this one based on the price being cheaper. I feel very happy with this item, it has been a great hit with my 4 year old who is the type of child who was obsessed with jigsaw puzzles, dot to dot, and mazes.
on 8 January 2013
I purchased this product for my three year old nephew and not only does he love it but my six year old niece does too. Even the adults enjoyed playing with this! What seems to be a simple toy provides lots of fun, encourages creativity and is also educational. This product is really well made and durable, and the lovely box makes it easily transportable. I can't recommend it enough.
on 23 March 2014
My four-year -old grandson has been working on shape at his nursery school, and readily took to this shape set. It lends itself to creative play, is bright and attractive and the enclosed sheet gives several ideas for designs. The set is contained in a durable lidded box. It is a good toy to use either independently or co-operatively, with several pieces of each shape.
on 20 February 2012
I bought this toy to help my daughter prepare for her reception year at school. I did not expect her to like it much.
It has however proved to be a supprise hit, we love the fact that there are no set rules (great for a 4 yr old), we make rabbits, dogs, queens, and learn new shapes along the way.
This toy does not get 5 stars as it is a bit on the small side and could do with a few more pieces. Value for money wise at 120 pieces the Melissa and doug set works out cheaper. I am however pleased with the purchace.
on 29 November 2012
I bought these for my 3 year old grandson who loves shapes,colours and making things, these fit the bill. He will get many hours of play from them. They also remind me of toys my own children played with as toddlers! Wonderful to have a box to pack them away into as well.
on 2 February 2015
This toy has been an absolute hit with my 6 and 4 year old. Love the fact that they can be guided by their own imagination to produce their own pictures/patterns. Also a lovely little sheet of sample pictures is included to copy. This really helped get them started with it. The pieces are well made and the nice bright colours make every design look amazing. Really good customer service as well. Original set had a few pieces missing, the company immediately on request sent out a second package out with no quibbles - very much appreciated.
I use this in my classroom to work symmetries. I use a stick as an axis and then two children play, one each time. The first one puts one piece on his side, then the other has to put the same piece on his side in the same position and place.
on 15 September 2014
I bought this for my son to help him learn shapes and colours. I should have looked closer because there are no circles or rectangles, and the triangles are tiny. I found the pieces in general very small, too small for a not so careful 3 yr old, who looses small pieces regularly. Other than that it is what it says, and the pictures show. I think his older brother might get better use out of it, being 5 yrs.
on 27 January 2016
I feel bad having to rate this 3 stars so will start with the positives:
Comes in a lovely wooden box, always nice to have wooden toys in the house.
Seems fairly well made.
Unfortunately the reason I've marked this down is that I believed it would come with pattern cards to work from. It does say that there are 12 suggestions, and my son has played with similar items that have a full size pattern that you can put the blocks on top of. This is not the case with this item, it has all 12 suggestions on one piece of card (so not very detailed at all) and obviously not suitable for trying to get a small child to copy.
The paperwork I got with the item did ask to get directly in contact with ToWO if at all dissatisfied, which I did, but was basically told 'go tell Amazon' because I no longer had the original packaging (the item had been unpacked and wrapped as a birthday present before realising it wasn't what we had expected).
If you don't mind that it's lacking pattern cards, this item is fine. If you want pattern cards, there's a Melissa & Doug version which is more expensive but is all singing, all dancing.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 February 2014
I bought this toy as a gift for a 4 year old. There are a good range of pieces in a range of colours which give endless combinations for the creative child! It is good quality and great value for money, being wooden. I'm going to purchase another 2 boxes, one for a gift and one for my son. Great idea as a more educational or unusual gift.