4.0 out of 5 stars Great but small
I bought this toy to help my daughter prepare for her reception year at school. I did not expect her to like it much.
It has however proved to be a supprise hit, we love the fact that there are no set rules (great for a 4 yr old), we make rabbits, dogs, queens, and learn new shapes along the way.
This toy does not get 5 stars as it is a bit on the small side and...
Published on 20 Feb 2012 by Aeisha

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed.
I found this product ver poor quality with pieces broken and with splinters. The pieces are smaller than expected and there is only one limited sheet of pattern examples. My 3yo daughter enjoys playing with the blocks and I suppose that the quality reflects the low price. Overall, I expected a better product.
Published 9 days ago by grazyna

4.0 out of 5 stars Wooden shapes, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Toys of Wood Oxford Wooden Pattern Blocks and Puzzle 60 Pieces- tangram puzzles (Toy)
Happy with product for my reception class but it's a shame there were only 5 hexagons as the children wanted to make flowers but otherwise popular addition to our numeracy resources

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gift!, 13 Nov 2011
I bought this for my two year old daughter - she loves the different coloured shapes and we have already spent hours together making up different shapes and patterns. I thought that it would be a toy that she would only be interested in playing with a 'grown up' but in fact she is already happily playing by herself making up all sorts of interesting creations!!
I also love the fact that it comes with examples of patterns for you to assemble - so when I am feeling a little unimaginative we can just copy those.
Unbelievable value for money and I imagine my daughter will play with this toy for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy!, 13 Dec 2012
The wooden pattern blocks are a fantastic toy, both educational and fun. They come with a sheet of suggested pictures that can be made with the blocks, but my daughter loves making her own patterns most of all. It has certainly helped her develop her understanding of symmetry and pattern. When she does use the suggested pictures I have been impressed with the way this toy helps build tracking and memory skills - the child has to remember what they have already done and where they have got to. The price is very reasonable for what I believe will be a much enjoyed toy for many years (Ok I admit it, I love playing with it too!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy and a lot of fun, 19 Mar 2012
I bought this for my 3-year-old daughter and she really loved it! Even her 5-year-old brother enjoys playing it together.It is great for helping them using creativity as they can build different things.And all the blocks are very good quality, with nice colour and shapes. It's a great toy, great value!

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff!, 10 Feb 2014
Ms. K. Dorcey "Kristen" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
An excellent pack of shapes bought for my nephew who is 4 and ASD and loves texture and colour and working things out. The guide on the booklet has lots of suggestions which I know will stretch his brain as he works it out. Arrived within two days. Nice storage box too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun!, 8 Feb 2014
This is a good item. Great that it has a cover to keep all the pieces contained. My only issue is that the pictures supplied are much smaller than described and are all on one sheet of paper. The previous reviews and images advertised gave me the impression that they were the same size as the actual shapes supplied so that the child can follow the patterns directly on the paper. I will remedy this by making photocopies and enlarging the images. Nonetheless this is good value for money and my 2 and a half year old loves it. We use it to promote counting, colour recognition, to talk about the different shapes and off course lots of creative fun. Definitely a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Open-ended fun for the little ones, 1 July 2013
Janine (Green Bay, Wisconsin United States) - See all my reviews
This is a set of wooden shapes that little ones can use endlessly to make patterns. I really like that it came in a nice wooden box, which makes it portable and super easy to store. The shapes are indeed fairly small, but they are a fine size for little hands to manipulate and provide an opportunity for good fine motor control. I can recommend this product for preschool and early primary kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars hours of fun!, 2 Feb 2013
This is a small box and pieces more suitable for 3+. Colours are pretty and get children interested. The handling and positioning of the pieces will support fine motor skills development and hand and eye coordination. It is possible to use the pieces following the child ability i.e. you can start younger children on simple sequence patterns and move on to easy shapes building and so on. My guess is that, depending on the child, this could entertain children up to 8 years of age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating little toy and great fun!, 5 Dec 2012
I bought this toy to use as both stimulation and a puzzle for a patient with dementia. It has proved very useful in keeping him occupied and interested. It can be used to make many patterns or for sorting shapes and colours, and the patterns are very easy to follow, or you can make your own pictures. A very versatile game. the pieces are well cut, painted and finished, out of good quality wood, and the little wooden box is very handy and ideal for storing neatly. Very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2014