4.0 out of 5 stars Great but small
I bought this toy to help my daughter prepare for her reception year at school. I did not expect her to like it much.
It has however proved to be a supprise hit, we love the fact that there are no set rules (great for a 4 yr old), we make rabbits, dogs, queens, and learn new shapes along the way.
This toy does not get 5 stars as it is a bit on the small side and...
Published on 20 Feb 2012 by Aeisha

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Bit on the thin side but kids like them
Published 5 months ago by Nicola

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but small, 20 Feb 2012
This review is from: Toys of Wood Oxford Wooden Pattern Blocks and Puzzle 60 Pieces- tangram puzzles (Toy)
This toy does not get 5 stars as it is a bit on the small side and could do with a few more pieces. Value for money wise at 120 pieces the Melissa and doug set works out cheaper. I am however pleased with the purchace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mumofthreeboys, 12 Dec 2012
Looked at other similar product but went for this one based on the price being cheaper. I feel very happy with this item, it has been a great hit with my 4 year old who is the type of child who was obsessed with jigsaw puzzles, dot to dot, and mazes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Symmetries, 25 Mar 2014
I use this in my classroom to work symmetries. I use a stick as an axis and then two children play, one each time. The first one puts one piece on his side, then the other has to put the same piece on his side in the same position and place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super shape set, 23 Mar 2014
My four-year -old grandson has been working on shape at his nursery school, and readily took to this shape set. It lends itself to creative play, is bright and attractive and the enclosed sheet gives several ideas for designs. The set is contained in a durable lidded box. It is a good toy to use either independently or co-operatively, with several pieces of each shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 7 Mar 2014
Really engaging and fun for a 5 year old - we will have these around for a long time I feel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wooden pattern blocks, 29 Nov 2012
I bought these for my 3 year old grandson who loves shapes,colours and making things, these fit the bill. He will get many hours of play from them. They also remind me of toys my own children played with as toddlers! Wonderful to have a box to pack them away into as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wooden Shapes, 15 Sep 2014
I bought this for my son to help him learn shapes and colours. I should have looked closer because there are no circles or rectangles, and the triangles are tiny. I found the pieces in general very small, too small for a not so careful 3 yr old, who looses small pieces regularly. Other than that it is what it says, and the pictures show. I think his older brother might get better use out of it, being 5 yrs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality creative toy, 10 Feb 2014
I bought this toy as a gift for a 4 year old. There are a good range of pieces in a range of colours which give endless combinations for the creative child! It is good quality and great value for money, being wooden. I'm going to purchase another 2 boxes, one for a gift and one for my son. Great idea as a more educational or unusual gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars wooden pattern blocks, 24 Dec 2012
I would recommend these 2D blocks for any child 2yrs +.
The wood is smooth all over, including the edges, lovely stained colours, different shapes and sizes to allow my grandson to slide around and make patterns. He choses to play with them, which is a good indication that they are child friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great educational toys., 22 Mar 2014
An educative collection of toys for children which would enable them in getting used to concepts such as numbers, shapes e.t.c., whilst making it fun for for them to play with. Great idea.