5.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money and brilliant for a media PC
Published 21 months ago by Christopher

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very good
Keyboard not firm on desktop it wobbles when typing. Mouse not bad. Installed ok no problem there. Mouse has on off switch which saves battery.
Published 17 months ago by L. J. Higgins

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money and brilliant for a media PC, 7 Nov 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 AES (Brown Box) (Accessory)
I bought this mouse and keyboard combo for my media PC. With other mouse and keyboards I have had issues with signal strength but with this set I have not had a single problem. The mouse has BlueTrack technology and works on almost every surface you have to offer. Must importantly this combo features AES which means the keyboard and mouse are linked to the dongle. Therefore, neither interfers with my other Microsoft wireless mouse which I have for my laptop in the same room.

Overall, a very good product for the price. There is nothing wrong with this product. The only reason to spend more money is for something smaller or more stylish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft 200AES Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse, 8 Sep 2012
I was a bit wary spending so little on a wireless keyboard and mouse, but my fears were completely misplaced in this Microsoft pair. The keyboard seems very solid, possibly a bit noisy for some, but compared to what I work with a dream, and the mouse is weighted perfectly.

The function keys at the top of the keyboard seem a bit pointless to me, I have set them up to use them, but have yet to do so when I've wanted something that they are linked to, and there is very little flexibility in what the majority of them do, however as I hardly use them, this doesn't detract from the keyboard. Thankfully I am yet to need new batteries, although I have only had it a couple of weeks - but my last wireless set needed batteries once a week or so, so it's already a massive improvement as far as I'm concerned!

I was incredibly impressed with the delivery time of this item, which we worked out to be under 36 hours. Not bad for Free Super Saver delivery!

All in all, a good budget buy, that doesn't feel budget when it arrives!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Mouse, 20 Nov 2013
The mouse is the real star here, it works smoothly on literally every surface I've tried it on, sofa, carpet, glass table etc etc Makes it the perfect remote control for a PC connected to a living room TV. There is nothing wrong with the keyboard either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad deal price/quality wise - but could be better., 5 Oct 2013
Microsoft 2000AES Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse
I'm a bit old school when it comes to keyboards as I like the key action to be positive and clicky. This MS keyboard has a dampened rubbery feel to it that needs some getting used to. If you are after a old style keyboard then I'm sorry to say you better move with the times as they don't make them like that any more.

Its still early but the printing of characters on the keys does not seem to be very durable and would not be surprised that they will 'wear away' in a few months.

The mouse is much better has a nice feel and responsive.

Overall, having a wireless keyboard/mouse is a positive experience and works just a good as wired.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good functional keyboard and mouse, 3 Mar 2014
I needed a replacement keyboard (the mouse was OK but worked through the same sender) and this took my fancy. It works fine however the delete key seems to be in the wrong place and the keys are just a bit too "springy". All in all however its functional and allows me to type away from my lap-top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 2 Mar 2014
Great keyboard & mouse, now i can use my new laptop like a PC, so no more back ache.
I'd recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 25 May 2014
Excellent value for money. The Microsoft Wireless Desktop is light and works perfectly and the mouse have made things easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery as advertised, 18 May 2014
I already had one of the earlier models for my main PC and wanted this to work with my laptop when it is plugged into the TV. Good range and an excellent mouse make it ideal for this.

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect, 13 May 2014
Good value for money & arrived way ahead of del estimate. Always have Microsoft keyboards but this was first wireless, it installed itself no bother & was working perfectly 5 minutes out of box. Only one criticism there's no caps lock or num lock light. Mouse is good too. Wasn't sure if I really needed wireless but when old keyboard started playing up thought I'd give it a go & I'm not disapointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Large USB Transceiver for this mouse/keyboard, 10 May 2014
Marcus Buchan "mgb" (London, Britain) - See all my reviews
Keyboard and Mouse are both fine for the money but disappointed by the size of the USB transceiver which at around 3cm sticks out my laptop like a sore thumb waiting to be broken. Would recommend a keyboard/mouse with a "nano" transceiver if you plan to leave the transceiver in a laptop that is being moved frequently.