5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
Published on 24 Dec 2011 by Shredder

3.0 out of 5 stars Wifi disconnects often
I love my Galaxy Note, except for one thing. The wifi connection disconnects often. I have noticed others have similar problems and also there are grumblings about Samsung's wifi in particular. I am on Gingerbread 2.3.6 right now and hope that the upcoming Ice Cream Sandwich software update will deal with this problem.

What I love about it is the screen size...
Published on 2 Feb 2012 by asterisk

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 24 Dec 2011
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 16GB Sim Free Mobile Phone - Dark Blue (Electronics)
I bought my Note on a recent business trip to India and I saved about a third over the UK price. I was so impressed with this phone that I bought one for my wife and one for my mum (Christmas prezzies!) and like many of the reviewers I got them from Amazon.de. One of the phones went missing in transit but I have to say that Amazon customer service in Germany is just as good as the UK and once I got someone who could speak English well they resolved the problem no questions asked and sent me a replacement. In my opinion Amazon are the best retailer out there today, no comparison. I've used an iPhone since 2007 and my last one was an iPhone4 which is undeniably a great phone. However I got very frustrated with a couple of things; the screen size is too small for me, iTunes in the worst program and user interface imaginable, Apples restrictive 'walled garden' policy, it's tendency to abuse its market position to dominate other companies, much like Microsoft in the 90's. For all these reasons I felt it was time for a change. I'm quite into technology so I knew about the Note and it looked very interesting and for me at least a perfect device. I thought it could replace my phone, tablet and laptop and to be honest that is proving to be the case so here is my review of the Note.

Build Quality - Samsung does use a lot of plastic in their phones so this does not feel like a really premium product. However the build quality is very good and the phone is ludicrously light for it's size and also stupidly thin!. An iphone 4 feels like a dense brick by comparison. The overall fit and finish is excellent. The back cover is made from a very thin plastic and looks like it could easily snap in half but in fact it is very flexible and can be folded in two with no sign of breaking(it's on You Tube). Don't try this at home though!

Screen - This is the largest screen on any phone to date at 5.3 inches and I find it fantastic. It uses Super Amoled HD at a 1200 by 800 resolution and the colours are extremely vibrant and super saturated. Although not quite the same pixel density as the Retina Display on an iPhone it blows it away in terms of brightness and colour. Off axis viewing angles are very good indeed though I do note a slightly greenish tinge which is due to the pentile display matrix. You will never use the phone this way however so its not an issue for me but it is there. Movies look amazing as do pictures. This is probably the best display on any phone at the moment.

Size - The most common criticism of the Note is that it is too big and that you have to have massive hands to use one. I find this to be totally untrue. I have average sized hands for a man and it's quite easy to use and comfortable to hold, even for long periods. My wife, who has much smaller hands than me also does not find it a problem. The other issue sited is that you will look stupid when using it as a phone, again totally untrue. I've used it out and about, the street, restaurants, pubs. No one has ever given me a second look. Not that I would care anyway.

Speed - This is without a doubt the fastest phone I've ever used. It has a 1.4Ghz dual core processor and 1GB of ram. To put this into perspective if you go back about 5 years this would have been a respectable spec for a desktop PC running Windows XP. This power is now in the palm of your hand which is amazing. Currently this is the fastest phone on the planet.

Phone calls - As a phone I would rate the Note as average, it's no better or worse than my iPhone 4. To be honest I rarely use it as a phone so this is not that important for me.

Battery Life - With a massive bright screen and dual core processor I thought that the Note would struggle to make it through a day. How wrong I was! It has a 2500mAh battery which lasts a day with heavy use and over 2 days with light use. I do charge the phone every day but most evenings it still has about 30% charge left unlike my iPhone4 which would either be dead of dying at the same point. For a smartphone this is a great battery life.

Camera - 8MP shooter that can do 1080p video as well. Not quite as good as the camera on an iPhone4S but still takes extremely sharp and vivid photographs.

S Pen - Samsung calls the stylus that comes with the phone an S Pen. It works very well but I don't use it much as I'm not very artistic. My friend who is very able loved it however and drew some very good pictures in a few minutes. It is useful for taking notes and I have used it for that. Nice to have but not that important to me.

User Interface - I have to say that after years of using IOS I have found Android to a revelation in terms of flexibility and control. I love the widgets and the fully customisable interface. I have to say it, the iPhone just looks dated and stilted in comparison with its rows of icons. Even better news is that the Note will be updated to the latest version of Android in the spring of 2012. Samsung uses its propitiatory Touch Wiz interface which I like well enough.

Android Market - It's true to say that the Android Market does lag behind Apples App Store in terms of selection and quality. However the gap is closing quite rapidly and most of the apps you really want or need are there, many for free.

Storage - Although not officially supported this phone works with a 64GB micro SD card which I have installed giving me a total of 80GB storage. All my music and films go on the SD card and I can load up days worth of entertainment. I love the fact that I can plug the phone into my PC and just dump files onto the SD card which the phone will recognise and categorise for me. No conversion required, and joy of joys, no iTunes! This for me is the biggest plus, I can put whatever content I want on the device with no hassle.

For me this is the perfect device, it does all that I want very well and is also a unique and beautiful product. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 11 Nov 2011
I bought mine from amazon.de, saving myself over 100 on the prices listed above, and that's including VAT and delivery. I really don't understand the reason for the UK prices to be so extortionate. Note only did I benefit from the enormous price saving but I've also had the phone since 7th November. :-)

The box it comes in appears quite small - smaller than the box for my previous phone - the Orange San Francisco - which only has a 3.5" screen rather than 5.3". But take the lid off the box and the sight that greets you is a huge phone, almost as though the box has some Tardis like properties. I had never seen the phone in the flesh before purchase, but had seen videos on YouTube, but still I was a little taken aback. Now I've had it a few days I'm already used to it and far more comfortable about it.

I make and receive very few mobile calls, so for me the beauty of this device is to have a "tablet" that fits in my pocket (easily!) and still allows me the occasional text or call when necessary without needing a second device. I don't expect to wandering around shouting into it and drawing attention like Dom Jolly. Due to the size I did wonder for a short while if I had made a mistake and perhaps the Galaxy S2 would have been a wiser choice, but now I am happy with my decision.

The screen is glorious. Some people moan about the pentile display, but I have absolutely no issues with the screen. Performance wise I've only found one annoyance, which is a distinct delay when waking the phone before the lock screen is displayed. Other than that it's worked beautifully and has shown a massively clean pair of heels to my poor little San Francisco.

The biggest negative so far is that the huge screen size makes it impractical (impossible) to operate the phone single handed. It needs one hand to hold it and another to dab away at the screen. Definitely not the end of the world for me, but maybe an issue for some people. I'm also not a fan of the button placement for power and volume. They are on opposite sides of the phone and I find that when seeking for one I end up squeezing the phone and pressing the buttons on the other side too. I don't understand why the power button is not at the top. It has been on every other phone I've owned. You do have to wonder whether the people who design these things ever actually use them. Anyway, that's just something I will have to get used to and deal with. It's already becoming less of an issue now that I'm getting used to the form factor.

As far as pocketability goes I wear cargo pants and have voluminous pockets, so no drama there. I've had it pocketed while walking the dog and it's no bother at all. It will slip into a shirt pocket too, but is too tall to be fully concealed and looks a bit daft with the camera lens visible above the top of the pocket. As supplied I find the phone to be a little on the slippery side and combined with the size and weight I have felt on times that the thing might well slip from my grasp if I'm not paying attention. The solution, I think, will be a gel case. I don't want the official flip cover or anything along those lines. I've always gone bareback with my phones and PDAs and never had a problem with damage. The only reason I want a gel case for this is to make it a bit more grippy, although I won't object to a little extra protection.

All in all I love this phone and I'm happy with my purchase. The device gets 5 stars, but only at the price I paid. There is no way I'd spend almost 600 on this. As good as the phone is, that's a budget buster for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic purchase, 2 Dec 2011
I've now owned this phone for 10 days and am incredibly happy with it.

The first thing to discuss is the size; frankly, the 5.3" screen makes this a love-it-or-hate-it device. For some people it's too big and clumsy to use as a phone and too small to replace a tablet; for others (including me) it's the perfect compromise for someone who wants an all-in-one pocketable device which really lets you enjoy internet and video on the go. If you're even considering buying it, you're likely in the second camp, in which case I can tell you that the bulkiness is less of an issue than you'd think. It's easily pocketable; I wear normal not-particularly-baggy jeans and it's really fine. If you put it in the inside pocket of a jacket you'll even forget it's there.

Other than the size, pros include:
- Beautiful screen. Just wow. The colours are fantastic and the resolution terrific.
- Perfectly decent 8MP camera with 1080p recording (though certainly not top of market, and the lens is a little exposed to scratches)
- Good battery life by smartphone standards (2 days for me with moderate use)
- Fantastically snappy with a good basic UI layout - the taskbar has sensible shortcuts on it (you can turn on and off wifi, bluetooth, gps, silent mode and screen autorotation without delving into settings menus). The drag-down taskbar and good processing power mean you can, for example, recieve an email or text alert, open it up and see who it is from, and close it and return to what you were doing (e.g. listening to music) within two seconds flat without experiencing any lags or feeling like anything's been interrupted; it multitasks with style and ease.
- Touchscreen is nicely responsive; misclicks, even on small links on fully zoomed out webpages, are uncommon. Of course, the screen's size gives you a lot more leeway to zoom, and to type very accurately on the touchscreen keyboard, even if you're not particularly dexterous.

Cons:
- on/off and volume buttons opposite each other, meaning trying to press one can result in pressing the other too
- micro USB port is pretty tight (I have two chargers; one is a slight squeeze, and one I really have to use a lot of force to insert and remove it)
- Stylus a little hard to remove (which I quite like, since it makes it very hard to lose, but this will bother some people)
- The width of the phone does mean you worry a little more about dropping it; it has narrow, smooth edges and it's hard to get a comfortable, secure grip on it with one hand. At first, you'll find yourself holding it extra carefully, rather than just holding it intuitively.
- Let's be honest: apps and security. The Android marketplace leaves you more vulnerable to malware than Apple's app store, so you have to be a little more careful when downloading unknown apps. Plus, you'll have a slightly narrower range of quality apps to choose from. For me this is the one significant downside of owning an Android device vs an iPhone, but it's not nearly enough to overcome all the upsides.

I bought mine off Amazon.de (at a cost of about 460 all inc with 3-day shipping). In the box, there was a charger (micro-USB to USB cable, coupled with a USB-to-German-two-pin-plug adapter) so if you buy from abroad, remember to buy another charger or travel adapter unless you want to exclusively charge from USB. There was also a basic handsfree kit (set of in-ear noise blocking headphones with an inline mic) which is perfectly functional, but lacks good sound quality for music and doesn't do a great job of blocking ambient noise either, so I don't use it. There wasn't any sort of case, although I've seen reviews elsewhere suggesting that it does sometimes ship with a flip cover case.

I love this phone/mini tablet hybrid despite a few flaws. If you want an all-in-one powerful device which you can truly enjoy using for media consumption while on the go, and fit in your pocket, get it. The screen, UI and tech specs won't disappoint, and you'll find it more portable than expected. If you just want a phone which does everything else pretty damn competently, you might well be better off with one of the many <4" screen smartphones on the market.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy Note First Impressions, 18 Dec 2011
I purchased the Galaxy Note from Amazon Germany saving over 60 from the Amazon UK current 499 price. I went for the Note because of its good ereader capabilties. With this phone you can read all ebook formats, Kobo, Kindle, epub, mobi, text, comics, etc, by installing some of the ereaders on the Android market. The phone arrived next day and was easy to set up. Just select English (United Kingdom) as your preferred language and it works fine. I have small hands but was till able to use the phone one-handed. Beautiful screen and fast. Fits in my jeans pockect confortably. However, it definately requires a two-handed operation to use effectively. It is big enough to draw attention when making phone calls but as it is being offered on most of the UK networks people will soon get used to it.

So far I have no problems with it. Definately you can save money by getting it from Amazon.de.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 6 Mar 2012
Review for Amazon of Samsung Galaxy Note

Like others, I bought the phone from amazon.de. Currently the price (for the dark blue model) is 499.00 euros. Assuming the calculation is unchanged the adjustment from 19% to 20% VAT would result in an adjusted price of 503.19 euros. Plus 7.20 for delivery would make 510.39 euros.
The Amazon website gives you the option to pay in either euros or sterling. The sterling price they quoted for my purchase used an exchange rate of 1.15. I chose to pay in euros and my credit card company converted at 1.1842; this worked out 13 cheaper.

A point that I've not seen mentioned elsewhere is that Amazon's German site automatically picked up my Amazon UK credentials: it took my usual log-in details and used the stored credit card information. So the process was extremely straightforward. Ordered on a Tuesday evening, delivered early on the Friday.

As others have noted, when you first turn the phone on there is a button at the bottom right of the screen saying "Andere Sprache" which you tap to get at the language selection screen. Since then the only German I have seen is in the names of the pre-installed browser bookmarks. The first of these, "Benutzerhandbuch", is a link to the online User Guide; when I selected this I was taken straight to the English version.

I've had the phone for ten days now and I'm extremely satisfied with it. With its high-resolution screen it is in most respects as capable as a much larger tablet, but it is light and small enough to fit in most pockets. It also feels quick and responsive. I've not yet encountered any apps that don't adapt well to the large screen. The camera is good. The GPS picks up fixes amazingly quickly. Browsing web pages is a pleasure. Importantly for me, it handles PDF files well ... even "searchable PDFs" containing many scanned images converted into text by OCR: my first Android phone was so slow that these were virtually unusable, but the Note's greater power and larger screen work well.

I have not (yet) experienced any of the problems reported in other reviews:
- the USB cable is a standard micro-USB ... I have been able to swap it with the cable that came with my Kindle
- the pen does not need too much force ... it responds to a gentle touch on the screen
- the pen button is not too difficult to find, although I can't yet find it just by feel ... I do have to look for it
- WiFi connects quickly and stays connected
- I've not noticed any overheating
- I've had no problem launching applications by mistake

I've bought from Amazon the Gadget Giant black gel/rubber/silicone case/cover/skin with a screen protector. This is cheap but smart and fits snuggly; it makes the phone slightly more comfortable to grip, the buttons are less prone to be pressed by mistake, it provides a bit of protection from knocks and scratches, and makes the phone less likely to slip out of a pocket (don't ask where!). The screen protector does not seem to affect its sensitivity to either fingertips or the stylus.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant piece of kit., 18 Dec 2011
Mr. T. A. Maurice "Film Addict" (Essex,England) - See all my reviews
Firstly,for anyone thinking of ordering the Note from Amazon.de
My order was despatched on the 15 December,and received by me on the 17 December,which was remarkable given it was sent from the UK to Belgium to be returned to me in the UK.
The packaging does include an easy set up guide in english.
The mains plug/adapter is two pin continental,so one will just need a two pin continental to three pin UK adapter plug.
The on screen language is german,but in the bottom right hand corner of the screen one will see 'Sprache Andern'.
Touching that will bring up a drop down list of languages.
As for the Note itself.
One has to be careful removing the back plate as it is very thin,and slightly flexible.
The device is remarkably thin.
The screen is incredibly bright even on the default mid way brightness setting.
Setting up google,and e-mail accounts is very fast.
Presumably due to the processor,web browsing is extremely fast,and the results easily read on the sharp,bright screen.
I have yet to use the stylus,but the touch screen is very smooth in operation.
I have yet to test the call quality,as my main reason for purchase was for the browsing experience.
I will post more later.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great compromise!, 18 Nov 2011
J (GOSPORT, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Galaxy Note from Amazon Germany since it was significantly cheaper than Amazon UK.

The good:
- Great battery life (2 days+ under moderate load)
- Perfect size, not too big, not too small (for web activity on the go)
- Fits in my pocket and in my hand comfortably
- Very light relative to its size
- The screen is stunning. I LOVE OLED based screens.
- Nice assortment of included apps (Crayon Physics, Swype Keyboard, etc)
- Surprisingly high network speeds.
- Feels very responsive relative to other Android phones I've used.
- Easy to type (due to size of keyboard and Swype)

The neutral:
- The "main" (back) camera is acceptable but nothing to write home about.
- The plastic back (saves weight, but feels like I might snap it)
- The micro-USB port is awkward to use (too deep within?)
- The micro-USB port is also located on the bottom and gets in the way
- SIM card slot is back-to-front (cut-corner out facing)
- Battery is difficult to remove
- The pen is VERY difficult to remove from the device. It is smooth against the back of the case, so if you bite your nails then you're out of luck.
- The mixture of physical and touch buttons along the button of the screen is just annoying. Personally I would have taken three physical buttons.
- Pen functionality is ultimately a gimmick. Absolutely buy the Galaxy Note but ignore the pen entirely in your choice.

The bad:
- Samsung USB cable this ships with is non-standard and won't work with Google's Android Development Tools. Had to replace it with a standard micro-USB cable. Wasted a ton of my time as a result.
- Pen requires too much force to use, the button is impossible to find, and frankly Android just isn't ready for pens yet.
- No dedicated camera shutter button

Conclusion

If I had to make the same choice again I would still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note. It should have been called the Galaxy S2 Extra-Large, because that is what this device really is.

The pen functionality is a useless gimmick that you will quickly grow bored with. But don't let that stop you from buying this phone, the screen real-estate and the massive battery (over 50% more capacity than the S2) are the real selling points.

It is the perfect size if your primary usage for it are web browsing, IM, text messages, apps, and the rare phone call. You really could sit on the bus and use this device to browse the internet without drawing any attention to yourself.

A 7" tablet is too big. A 4" Smartphone is too small. The 5" Galaxy Note is just right.

So, yes, buy the Galaxy Note if you're in the market for both a tablet AND a smartphone. It is the compromise nobody asked for but everyone wants.

PS - If you need a case I purchased this one from Amazon UK and it fits my Note perfectly:
Garmin Universal 5 inch Soft Carrying Case for Satellite Navigator

3.0 out of 5 stars Wifi disconnects often, 2 Feb 2012

What I love about it is the screen size. Great for reading pdfs and news from the internet. My eyesight isn't too great and the dial pad is huge.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 months of use... the good the bad and the ugly..., 19 April 2012
Well after reading all the reviews I decided to settle on the Galaxy note eventually after much debate between this and the iphone...
I bought it in early February and got it shipped to the UK as it was cheaper buying here in Euros than getting it on Amazon.co.uk. I've been using it extensively for the last 2 months. Other reviewers have made plenty of comments on the various features so i will try and keep that in summary form. I always want to know what's bad about a product when I buy it so I've focused more on mentioning the bad. However despite some of its shortcomings it is still the best phone I've ever used - the good outweighs the bad by miles.

I must say that I travel between two coutries a lot and in my home country (Sri Lanka) I use this purely as a tablet with a sim that is only active for data. The other half of my time (I spend around 10 days every month in Bangladesh) I use this as my local mobile phone for calls and internet/email. However I donlt get that many calls on this when in Bangladesh compared to my regular phone.

Please note that unless specified otherwise I am using all the `stock' programs for things like email that came with the Note.

Firstly, what's great about it:
1. Screen - excellent - the perfect size for reading emails, web browsing and especially great if you use it to read work related attachments such as spreadsheets because the screen size menas you have less scrolling around to do and the text is crisp and clear. I honestly cannot see and difference in resolution on this compared to the iphone's retina display although 'technically' the retina display has a higher resolution. If anyone can actually tell the difference i@d probably be willing to bet a lot of money that to the naked eye the difference is inconceivable. In terms of colours i think the colours on the note are actually brighter and more vivid.. but i might just be a bit biased here
2. Watching Videos - Simply Awesome resolution and vibrancy etc. I've got a few HD videos which I've watched on it and it is awesome
3. Wi-fi hotspot - Just love the fact that I can share the data connection
4. Kies Air - Samsung's excellent tool that allows you to transfer anything on to your phone form any laptop over the air (without the need for any cables).
5. The Visidon Application (free) - this app uses your fornt camera to allow you to selectively lock certain apps using face recognition. Yes, I too was sceptical and thought that it would take a long time to recognise your face. However in bright light it takes less than half a second to do the facial recognition. It is a problem in low light but it has a password override feature. Now I give my phone to friends with no qualms - safe in the knowledge that they can play around with it, browse the net, watch youtube videos.. but cannot go and put in silly Facebook updates on my behalf because I have locked access to the facebook app. Because it allows you to select which apps you want to lock it is great. Even settings and things like access to your photos and files can be locked in this way. A must have app!!
6. Contacts integration with FB and Gmail - works like a charm. I have phone numbers of people on FB and everything gets updates as long as they update their profile. It also logs activity of that person so you know what you've been doing with them.
7. Portability - it is excellent to have something that is equally good as any tablet that I've used always on you. It just fits in your pocket and stays with you. Simply great!

Neutral:
1. Phone size - donlt believe anyone who says its too big. I've got just a 32 inch waist, am 5'10" tall and weigh 68kg... so not a big person and the phone fits perfectly well in all the trouser/jean pockets that I've worn. ZERO discomfort. Once you've got used to the screen size on this baby you simply cannot go back to a smaller screen.
2. Camera quality - is excellent in low light but I found that the iphone's quality is better. Not a problem for me because I rarely use it for snapshots and when I want good pictures I use my dslr.. not my phone! Works great for scanning business cards and even paper/magazine articles and advertisements.
3. S-pen - I've used it a few times and was excited about the ability to just write down notes as opposed to carrying a book with me... but unfortunately it isn't that practical to do this. I have used this on occasion to take a photo and scribble on top of this photo (prices of things like floor tiles with an image when I was looking at refurbishing the house). Overall not used as much as I thought I would - I am not into sketching at all!!
4. Siri-like voice assistance - not really used this much at all except when driving, but even that was occasionally only. A car with good navigation/bluetooth system would be able to handle the outgoing calls equally well so this was not a particularly impressive feature for me.

Things I don't like:
1. In MS Exchange you cannot select which folders to sync it just syncs all your folders I think. I would have liked to be able to sync every single email in my Inbox and `follow ups' folder. Unfortunately syncing `ALL' (date range) made the phone unusably slow. I have to then settle for syncing it for `one month'. Whilst this is not a major problem it would have been nice to be able to really individually select which folders to sync. I have found paid software available that allows you to do this, but I think the stock application should have catered to this.
2. Cannot sync Outlook Notes - The `notes' in outlook just wont sync. I used to use this feature extensively but have now had to stop using it which is a bit of an annoyance. There is talk that ICS will include NOTES synchronisation for Outlook but I've not tested it yet so can't say for sure. For the moment I make do by installing Evernote, which has more functionality overall and also addresses my main need which is to have my notes synced across various devices. But it was still a disappointment
3. Calendar doesn't auto sync(I've turned off the general autosync feature for applications) so when I look at the calendar I sometimes forget to sync it and there is a cance you could miss appointments. Not been an issue for me personally because I still get the reminders on my blackberry. But it has prevented me form moving completely away form the BB and using this as my primary phone.
4. Email program has an annoying habit of not letting you open the attachments until body of email is downloaded. Sometimes embedded images in email bodies take ages to download especially if the email trail is long and there are 40 emails before it. This really seems silly to me.
5. You cannot individually select which applications are allowed to auto sync, this is more a problem with Android than the Note though. I would have ideally like to have said that my Email program and my Gmail program are allowed to sync data automatically but for all other programs I would have preferred to do it manually. As far as I could see you can either ask all to sycy auto or none!
6. On a few occasions there was an email or two that simply would not come on to the Note. It was showing on my Laptop in outlook as well as on my Blackberry torch, but it simply would not come on the note until I forwarded it fomr the BB back to myself... then It came!!!
7. Battery Life - On the occasions I was using it as a phone cum tablet, the battery seemed to always die before I was ready to go to sleep. Even if you use it as only a tablet for emails and web browsing plus a bit of facebook the battery dies by evening time so i typically need to charge it again when i get back form work. I have found, however that by turning off WCDMA and leaving it only on GSM mode that the battery tends to last longer. The only downside of doing this is that web browsing and especially if you are lookingat youtube videos the speed gets slow.
8. Google maps - unbelieveably accurate even in the asian countries I've been using it in like Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. What a lot of people might not know is that this has an additional GPS technology that allows it to communicate with more satellites than your average phone. (I cant remember what it is technically but imagine that usually you can get only the US satellites, so if you donlt have one close by.. your location accuracy gets affected.. the note has A-GP and Glonass technology which translates to better accuracywhen pinpointing locations. Also the large screen is a definite advantage here!

Conclusion:
If there was an iphone with the same screen size would I have bought the iphone instead - most certainly yes!! Why? Because ios is still sleeker and less buggy and some of the apps are better. But, until Apple starts catering to people who actually want to have at least some options as opposed to ONE option in terms of form factor etc I'm sticking with my note! I donlt normally do reviews but this product was so great that I thought others deserved to know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just do it :), 1 Jan 2012
Ok, just to clarify prior to this brief review : I am an apple fanboy and have been for several years. I use a MacBook air at work and a desktop at one. I have iPad 2 (after trading in my iPad 1) and the who,e family use it to surf the net at home-my two year old son loves it. I had an iPhone 3GS and was coming to the end of my contract and was thinking of upgrading. I had a good look at the iPhone 4s but something just didn't feel right. I just didn't think if was that much of an upgrade and started looking at android. I did some research and was about to go for a Samsung galaxy s2 but at the last minute I got the note. I got it a week ago and already can't believe how amazing it is.

The good:

Very good battery life. The phone is new so it may get worse but I can charge it overnight and use it for meda playback for several ours a day and just charge it after 2 or 3 days.

Amazing screen. Huge and crystal clear. Makes my 3GS look like a child's toy. I have been watching episodes of the west wing on it and the colours are phenomenal

Fast. Vert fast and response. Surfing the net is rapid.

s pen.. Have been using it to create lists etc and it seems more than just a gimmick.

The main downside is the size. NOT because it is too big to use to surf the net or watch movies. It is perfect for these. It also fits easily in my trousers and jeans pockets. I am a regular sized guy and my wife (who is shorter and skinny) has also carried it in her jeans and it is fine. Having said that, making voice calls is a little crazy. It is a bit big when you hold it in one hand but honestly, given everything else this is a minor issue. Sounds strange but I'm sure that after a while I will get used to it.

In conclusion, I cannot recommend this phone highly enough. I've already started wondering why I bothered with such a small phone all these years and now I can never go back to an iPhone sized phone !

ARRAY(0xb3cc5738)