5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for your Galaxy Note
This pen has added significant value to my already great experience with the Galaxy Note. The S-Pen is good enough, but I could only scribble with it. Now I can write properly, as the Pen Holder fits my fairly large hands perfectly. It's a bit on the bulky side, so if you're absolutely comfortable with the stylus, maybe it's not for you, but it's a quality product, and...
Published on 13 April 2012 by Malasz

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
It works. Looks like you get a note mobile pen that fits into a normal pen body. This fits ok.

There is a button but this does have a habit of getting in the way when writing. It's just where my finger rests.

Strangely it isn't as quite as sensitive as the pen that came with my note 10.1.

The length certainly feels better in my hand than...
Published 17 months ago by Andy D

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price, quick delivery, 2 Jun 2012
J. Moodie "Jock in Spain" (Estepona, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Pen Holder Kit for Galaxy Note (Accessory)
If you have a Galaxy Note then this (spare) pen with holder is a must, yes you get a spare pen included. Using the holder makes the pen a natural like any other normal 'ink' pen. Delivery to Spain was guick and easy. A superb tool for the Note.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but takes time to get used to and not matured yet, 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: Samsung Pen Holder Kit for Galaxy Note (Accessory)
Pen holder is of nice quality, better for my clumsy big hand than the built-in S-pen. Nice for preventing greasy display.

Too expensive though, and still takes time to get used to. Still in the process to relearn to write a on a small screen and managing calibration issues.

Seems already to work better after upgrading my Galaxy Note to Android ICS. For instance: Hoovering slightly above the screen without touching it gives you a cursor. Nice! This is advanced technology I could have never imagined to see in my lifetime. Eat your heart out Captain Kirk!

Now waiting for improved drawing apps to appear in Google Play. The drawing apps that are now on the market have not matured enough, imho.

Dealing with the interface when drawing can be cumbersome, for instance when selecting color and style and when zooming in and out. And like many others, I want to be able to calibrate where exactly the pen-tip lands on the screen.

But that's no rocket science. I expect this to improve in the months ahead, especially now Samsung has invited developers to build award winning improvements.

Verdict: Nice, I like it, but takes a few weeks to get used to. And the technology provided is not quite there yet. Expect useability to improve when apps get better at dealing wit the S-pen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Samsung Pen Holder Kit for Galaxy Note (Accessory)
Delivery was from Hong Kong and was relatively fast considering location of seller. Unfortunately, this does not work on the Samsung tablet that I ordered it for - but that is entirely my fault, and not the seller's. Still looking for a similar pen housing for my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 so if anyone can point me to one I would appreciate the heads-up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Samsung Pen Holder Kit for Galaxy Note (Accessory)
A big disappointment. Use on a Note 3 and it works when it wants to. The inbuilt pen is far superior

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent pen, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Samsung Pen Holder Kit for Galaxy Note (Accessory)
I bought this pen for my samsung galaxy note 10.1 and it works really well but after some time i stoped using it as i found the original pen to be much lighter and more convenient as it has its stowage position in the tablet.

2.0 out of 5 stars Potentially good, but nib not aligned, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Samsung Pen Holder Kit for Galaxy Note (Accessory)
I bought this for use with a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Jelly Bean 4.2.2). This S Pen and Holder, which is both a S Pen, but thinner than the one supplied with the Note 8 and it is coloured black, and a holder into which the black S Pen slides. The holder is a quality product with a good rubber grip and a better circumference for writing. Potentially, it makes writing on the Note 8 (and I assume the Note 10.1) easier in long meetings.

However, there is a major flaw. The nib in the supplied S Pen (the white one) is perfectly aligned with its contact point on the Note 8 page. The nib on this black one is not aligned. The contact point on the page, be it a dot or a line, is at the 4 o’clock position by 2-3 nib widths. This makes writing very difficult as for a right handed person one cannot see the text or line until one has slid one’s hand to the right. As the product title is for a Galaxy Note I had assumed it was perfectly compatible (and aligned) for all Galaxy Note products; this does not appear to be the case. I have searched the Note 8's settings and online and cannot find any fix. For this non-alignment I give the S Pen and Holder only 2 stars; if it was perfectly aligned in the same way as the supplied S Pen it would have 5 stars from me (very prepared to upgrade the rating if someone has a fix).

I should add that the seller’s response has been exemplary and they have offered to return it for a refund; can’t say fairer than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent piece of kit, 4 May 2012
Deb (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Pen Holder Kit for Galaxy Note (Accessory)
I ordered this as I wanted to have a spare s pen in case I lost the original that came with my Galaxy note. But in fact I find that I like using this pen more as it is easier to hold and write with. Makes texting and all the other uses for the s pen much more pleasant. It came with a small instruction manual - one page tells you all the different functions of the s pen - like drag it to left for back pages, drag up for menu, tap and hold for screen capture and double tap to launch quick memo. My only gripe (and it is only a minor one) is that I have the beautiful white Galaxy Note but like all the accessories I have got for it they come in black not white! Excellent buy - I am very pleased with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars This does NOT work with the Galaxy Note 8.0, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Samsung Pen Holder Kit for Galaxy Note (Accessory)
The penholder itself seems like very good quality and is comfortable to hold. I could give it 3 stars on that basis

However, it does NOT work with the Note 8.0 and this is not made clear in the product description

Therefore giving this one star to alert future buyers to this.

Amazon and Samsung... please make product descriptions accurate!

5.0 out of 5 stars pen holder, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: Samsung Pen Holder Kit for Galaxy Note (Accessory)
This holder pen is an adequate substitute for the ofìriginal pen.It is bigger and therefore much more suitable. Indispensable tool for me

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good and useful., 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: Samsung Pen Holder Kit for Galaxy Note (Accessory)
It is very good product and it comes with spare stylus as well.
The size is quite right and convenient to have it in hand.
To whose who are sitting on a desk, or somewhere sitting - it is very good.
I still would prefer to use smaller stylus when I am on the move.

Samsung Pen Holder Kit for Galaxy Note