5.0 out of 5 stars Back To Her Best
I have been a fan of MJB since 411 but have always found that some of the albums, except My Life, had some filler. However, this album is excellent!!! My fav tracks are 25/8, The Living Proof, You Want This, and I dare anybody to listen to the beginning of Feel Inside and not think of Family Affair. There are so many uptempo songs on here, this album is a complete...
Published on 30 Nov 2011 by johnnieuk1

3.0 out of 5 stars Packaging
was disappointed to see this was not in the factory sealed wrapping. CD was in perfect condition so guess thats what matters!
Published 16 months ago by jen

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!!, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1] (Audio CD)
What an album from the queen of soul and hip hop! Simply cannot take it off my car stereo - from the first track - 'i wanna make you happy' she sings - and boy does she! Add the tracks 25/8 and the collab with Drake on 'Mr Wrong' - back to her best? nah she never gives any less than best - fabulous - better order another copy as mine is surely gonna wear out pretty soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album., 1 Mar 2014
Very pleased with my purchase, I love this album! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it. Product described perfectly, seller extremely highly recommended. Thank you very much.

3.0 out of 5 stars My life 2 Mary j blige, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1] (Audio CD)
Really nice, heartfelt songs. Mary sings so well and she draws you in with her voice. Great production too with match her peerless voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 May 2013
This review is from: My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1] (Audio CD)
Although it took me 3 rd listening of the album to finally get fwto the groove of it, but it was so much worth it.
Fantastic songs and superb collaboration with likes of Diddy, Busta Rhymes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The B in Hip Hop RNB, 15 May 2013
A long awaited sequel to her sophomore album "My life", this one sees Mary J Blige in a better state of mind and a bona fide RNB superstar. You can still hear the pain in her voice, even when champagne done wet her throat. Collaborations are a look into the past and future with heavyweights like Nas, Diddy, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Drake or Lil Wayne provide the Hip Hop edge to the undisputed queen of the Hip Hop RNB genre.

Lead single "25/8" was tame and "Mr Wrong" was another faux-pas. It was not until "Why" video had been released that I started to pay attention to the album. That 90s RNB vibe is omni-present and was catalyst to me buying the album. "Don't mind" is a look into the future with its beat and groove, a song that further cemented my love for this opus. "The living proof" which appears in the excellent movie THE HELP is another standout track, so is "Empty prayers".

There is no denying that Mary J Blige has always delievered strong albums to her fans and this one is the same mould as "The breakthrough" or "No more drama". Maybe not as groundbreaking as "What's the 411?" or "Share my world", but there is no other female artist who can claim that crown of Queen of Hip Hop RNB. This is a nice listen with party songs and emotional ballads in good measure, one for the die-hard fans as well as the new generation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant but not outstanding, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1] (Audio CD)
In my view this mix of tracks is not as good as the Breakthrough which I feel has a lot more strength and variety.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary J Blige, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1] (Audio CD)
Has made a fitting sequel to the "My Life" album. More of a hiphop sound production wise than Motown this time round. Mary J Blige vocals are a triumph

4.0 out of 5 stars Rich soulful tones, 26 Dec 2012
This review is from: My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1] (Audio CD)
Mary is as good as ever with all the soulful tunes and rich, smooth tones. All I can say is 'Long may she reign'!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mary J Is Back, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1] (Audio CD)
Great Production, Great Vocals, Good Album...

Only reason why I say good album and not great is because her others were top notch and I do not believe this lives up to her previous... But all in all a good listen!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Yet, 11 Dec 2012
Brian Martin "lucky laddie" (Erskine Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1] (Audio CD)
What can you say about this lady, just getting better with time, like an old soul record.

This is one record everyone should own absolute magic from start to finish.

Well done Mary a classic and its not often I give a 5

My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1]
My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1] by Mary J. Blige (Audio CD - 2011)