5.0 out of 5 stars Loving a Loewe..., 13 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Loewe Xelos 40 Inch Full HD Backlit LED Smart TV, Freeview HD, Silver (Electronics)
Before trying this Xelos 40 Media TV I'd thought Loewe products were very nicely designed but over-priced (which is what a lot of people say about Apple products) but thankfully Loewe back up the good design and the prices with quality and a carefully considered feature-set. Although this TV is from the basic end of Loewe's range it's still well equipped and delivers very good picture and excellent sound quality. The inbuilt Freeview HD tuner delivers great quality pictures on the (four only) HD channels, although that also makes you realise how soft and unfocussed standard Freeview channels look by comparison, although they're perfectly watchable.

The TV can be connected to your home network and the internet via Ethernet (there's no onboard wifi) and then you can stream content from your computers using the onboard MediaHome service connected to the Twonky media app's (available for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android) or use the onboard MediaNet system to access a set of onboard services. The MediaNet services are a mixed bag, some were quite unexciting or didn't seem to work at all but BBC iPlayer works very well indeed and happily streams HD content over our broadband service. There's a built-in (Opera) web browser which lets you visit any other website but it's very slow to render more complex websites. Note, you should update the TV's firmware soon after installation to get the latest version, I don't think BBC iPlayer appeared until after we'd updated.

Note the included instruction manual only lists some of the features and controls this TV has - go to Loewe's website and download the full version to see what it's actually capable of (worth doing before you buy it too!). For example the included printed manual doesn't even tell you where the main on/off switch is - it's hidden underneath the front edge, in the middle of the TV!

We ordered ours via Divine Audio and their delivery was prompt and the price was excellent - if they're still available at the discounted price it's a no-brainer, you're getting a stylish, quality TV at a bargain price. If you're paying anywhere near full price for the Xelos 40 Media then I'd definitely recommend comparing it to others in that price bracket, you could get a lot more features for the same price, if that's what you want.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV especially the sound quality, 11 Sept. 2012
I am very pleased with my purchase from Divine Audio. The TV was delivered quickly and I had good support from the company in setting the TV up myself. The TV looks great and I am pleased I got a silver one. The sound is very impressive compared with any other TV I have had. The only problem so far is that BBC iplayer seems to sometimes work too slowly to watch - this is despite me having an excellent broadband speed. I don't know if the problem is with the TV or with my internet connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream Come true, 15 Mar. 2013
I was contemplating for this TV for a long time, finally got it, it was delivered on time, perfectly packed and my dream owning LOEWE and falling in love with a picture on it has come true. 100% recommended