Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

****This collection will play on a Region 2 DVD player****

Produced in the 1950's, and along with it's presentation and storytelling style, STATE TROOPER is typical of the period, which lends the show a dated appearance (which is fine by me). The imposing figure of tall and rugged Rod Cameron dominates the TV screen with his portrayal of chief inspector Rod Blake of the Nevada state police. With Cameron's authoritative character introducing each episode while also providing an occasional background narration, the stories are a pleasingly varied collection of investigations based on real-life cases taken from the files of the Nevada State police.

Thanks to it's 25-minute episode format and solid performances, the stories are compact, and are directed at a good pace with no wasted scenes or padding. Once the cases are solved the episodes often end in an abrupt manner. On a seperate note, when I'm not viewing another 50's TV series "The Lone Ranger" I can now usually be found watching this enjoyably old-fashioned collection, which thanks to it's location has an occasional Western feel.

The picture and sound quality on this black and white collection does show it's age, and although generally not good I personally found it to be acceptable. This 6-disc set contains all sixty-five, second/third series episodes. There are no subtitles. The bonus feature is the pilot episode - "Rodeo Rough House"......Oh, and the collection plays on my Region 2 DVD player with no problems.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 April 2012
I loved season one and was intending to purchase this box set but i have to wait untill it goes below 15 quid or postman pat will charge me about seven quid for importing one little package from the states. I have enjoyed collecting so much of this classic tv from usa but this low levy has made my collecting bug a nightmare. Greedy postman pat is destroying us getting our hands on much of this stuff. I cannot reccomend this series enough to newcomers out there but remember the villain here is not the guys in black hats but the guys from the p.o.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse