5.0 out of 5 stars Good value
Published on 21 Nov 2012 by Andrew Simpson

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
They look beautiful, don't get me wrong. However, they are just not practical. First glass broke in two days due to a crack I had not noticed while I was filling it with water. It just smashed when It was full and went all over. Annoying.

Second glass, perfect I thought, no cracks in this one. I used atleast 4 or 5 times. Then I used it this afternoon, filled...
Published 2 months ago by P. Harmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 21 Nov 2012
Andrew Simpson (Huddersfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tall Glass Coffee Mugs & Latte Spoons, 13.25oz 14.5cm - Set of 2.
I bought these glasses to use with the Tassimo Costa Latte drinks as these were larger than most Latte glasses available. These are the perfect size and the drink looks great in the glass, smaller drinks look good too and having the larger glasses gives you the flexibility of using them for both. Although I know it's all in my head Lattes do actually seem to taste nicer than drinking them out of a normal mug.

The glasses themselves are very sturdy and feel well made. They hold heat in well so your drink won't go cold quickly and you won't burn your hand carrying them. The latte spoons are also a nice touch and I can imagine these glasses being great to use for an ice cream float/soda as well as coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size!, 13 Aug 2013
Wanted glasses that would take the Tassimo Costa Latte which are bigger than any of their other products. After much deliberation these looked as if they would fit the bill, and they do - they are just right for the job! Excellent price and the two spoons [not cheap looking stirrers] are an added bonus. Will probably have to get more now that guests are beginning to appreciate the new Costa.......
Good service from this company - thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice coffee glasses, 10 Dec 2011
Very nice and attractive coffee glasses, very good for latte and other coffee ,have orded two more .10/10 would buy off this company again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chunky mugs great value, 21 Nov 2013
Great value mugs, chunky but a little heavybto hold but i dont mind this as the handles are a good size, fit under the dolce gusto machines with room to spare for the lattes, excellent packing for delivery, all in all very happy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased with this purchase, 12 Sep 2012
Good value for the money. Not flimsy but sturdy and not too heavy,the two long spoons were an added bonus for the price. Quick delivery, would recomend these glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 11 Dec 2013
Product arrived before the given date. Had been sturdily packaged. Liked the solid handle on the coffee mug as it is easy to hold. Mug is very stable when in use and keeps the drinks beautifully hot. I recommend this product as it is one of the best glass coffee mugs I've seen and used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Latte glasses, 27 Nov 2013
Mrs. D. A. Williams (North Wales) - See all my reviews
Great Latte glasses . Ideal for the Tassimo drinks machine for Lattes and hot chocolate which need a larger cup .

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Certainly No Mug Thanks to These Glasses ! - LOL ! ;o>, 4 Aug 2014
suzysunshine7 (Stockport, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
Yet another great online find...and also such a bargain buy that it really went and made my day too ;o>

We urgently needed some plain, reasonably priced, good quality mugs and so I went looking for ones that would not only hold a more than generous amount (as some mugs can turn out to hold little more than just a teacup's worth) but would also look attractive enough for either tea or coffee lovers to enjoy. Ideally I wanted mugs that would prove sturdy, durable and hard-wearing with a large decent handle to them too. And on searching suddenly these large chunky beauties popped up?!

I've never really liked Latte glass mugs before? - but that is because they usually have those incredibly annoying and awkward little circular handles near the bottom of the glass? - but the lovely handles on these instantly caught my eye, then the great price, plus the inclusive offering of a set of spoons too which was a very nice touch indeed and saved me from having to go and source some myself.

The reviews looked really good, and so as they were on offer at the time, I ordered two sets of two which meant including free delivery my total order of 4 mugs + the 4 spoons came to just a mere £7.80! The seller, AMETHYST C E LTD, also clearly spared no expense whatsoever in using plenty of bubble wrap to ensure their very safe arrival as well which was within just a few days of ordering.

Being made of such thick glass they hold their heat well and wash beautifully every time - plus they don't suffer from the typical build-up of coffee and tea stains that china ones attract either, stains that inevitably end up needing a pan scrub and a lot of elbow grease to shift. The spoons are also of a very decent quality too - yes, they are slightly roughish around their edges rather than being polished smooth, but still, they are not at all sharp in any way and they are certainly sturdy enough to resist from any potential bending when attempting to pummell a teabag into a state of complete brewing submission. I've used mine daily for over two months now and they also haven't tarnished either.

It's a real pleasure to use these mugs - I am just delighted with them ;o>
__________________________________________________________________________

(EDIT ADDITION: I have come back to this review to emphasise that the seller that I bought these glasses from was 'AMETHYST C E LTD' because I have just purchased some more intending them to be as a gift, but rather foolishly, I went with another seller who was slightly cheaper as I naturally assumed that these glasses would all be the same brand and quality? However, all six of the second order that I received even though very well bubble-wrapped and carefully boxed up were all quite badly marked in some way - some with distinct scuffs and one even with really long and deep scratches all over it as well?!

Held up to the light, they had little flaws in the finish of each one and lots of little air bubbles too (I could live with the odd one or two but not 10+ per glass) which led me to the very obvious conclusion that they were either a very inferior brand or were actually not first quality batches but seconds. The seller to their credit did not try to refute this but apologised that there was an issue with the product and for any inconvenience caused as they may well "have been a bad production set" and thankfully agreed to a full refund without the usual insistence that I would have to pay the considerable expense it would have taken in returning them. I thought about donating them to the nearest charity shop but was so concerned after reading reviews about inferior glasses shattering that in the end I chose to bin them as glass waste instead.

I still need my gift however, and so with some trepidation I have just re-ordered but made absolutely sure that it was with the seller AMETHYST C E LTD again in the hope that this time I will receive the same excellent and top quality glasses with the immaculate finish that I got in my first order from them?...Fingers crossed!)

(FURTHER ADDITION (15th Oct): The 4 Latte Glasses from AMETHYST C E Ltd arrived today (if you buy 2x the two glass set the p&p becomes free by the way!) - Whew! - wrapped in about 15 feet of continuous bubblewrap (I'm not kidding?!) and then securely boxed, upon opening, I was relieved to find that there is just a couple of very small and barely negligible scuffs on just one of them. Again the free spoons are not exactly the best around but are still very acceptable and more than good enough for me. I think my friend is going to be very happy with these indeed! And it is very 'clear' (sorry, I couldn't resist at least one pun!) that this excellent seller is definitely NOT selling seconds ;o>)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for larger coffees, 22 Nov 2013
I was very pleased with these glasses. They are very good value and include free latte spoons. This is the second set that I have bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suits Large Tassimo drinks, 13 Jan 2013
Cheshire Cat (Warrington, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Normal latte glasses are just not big enough to hold the largest volume Tassimo drinks such as the Carte Noire lattes. These were recommended by friends and they have proven ideal. So much so that we use them for the majority of drinks as they show off the Tassimo stratification of drinks beautifully. The two spoons are essential for mixing the drinks in use and add to the overall 'experience'.

Not the cheapest but sturdy and easy to clean in the dishwasher, I would recommend these to anyone with a Tassimo machine.