on 13 June 2015
Sooooooo bad and not in a so bad that it's good way. Just bad
on 16 February 2015
Ok, so you are looking for an ironic chuckle, and want to check out some cheesy b movies. This isn't one of them. It's just not very good, even by the low standards afforded to the genre.
on 24 April 2012
I've never written a review on Amazon but feel compelled to do so for this DVD. I guess my review contains spoilers so if your put off by that kind of review and want to suffer the film's plot for yourself then stop reading now.

This is quite possibly one of, if not the worst film I've ever sat through. People may wonder why I actually sat through the entire film but I'll come to that soon. "Two headed Shark Attack" follows a group of students on a little tropical island doing some sort of summer study thing - It's not really explained in great detail why they are there. The Island begins to sink, yep you read it right the Island starts sinking. There was a reason conjured up for the sinking but honestly you'd get a more believable reason from a mentally disabled ape. The story then introduces the shark, now it may have just been me but it seemed the editors used the same cartoon clip of the shark moving through water over and over again. The CGI in this film is actually cringe worthy at one point there is a large bang and a crack appears on the ground. This crack was so stupid and irrelevant looking that it actually became frustrating to look at. The acting is melodramatic and down right horrendous, it's almost as if the director has pulled a group of teenagers off the street and thrown them into a film, at one very strange point two characters randomly jump into the water next to the shark it leaves you confused and annoyed. Carmen Electra stars in Two headed Shark Attack and if I was her, I'd sack my manager. There really is no substance to the plot or film in general for that matter. The plot totally eliminates common sense and seems to drag the film out.

When the film did eventually end and the credits started rolling the tears were streaming down my face, despite this film being truly, truly awful it is by far one of the funniest films I've watched. It is so bad that it's hilarious. The awful acting the bizarre storyline and the CGI all contribute to one excellent comedy. This being the reason I watched the film from start to finish. It's also the reason I have given the DVD two stars because the comedy factor is worth it. If your looking for a scary suspense driven horror film then look elsewhere. But if your looking for a film to watch with a group of friends to make you all laugh then I can guarantee you Two Headed Shark Attack will do the job.
on 18 July 2014
A cheap as chips B-movie, with beauties in bikinis, a plastic monster and a good risible plot. Turn your brain off and enjoy it.
A 2-headed shark and Carmen Electra? Man, I live for B-movies like this one, and nobody does it better than The Asylum. I was a little worried when I saw Brooke Hogan in the cast list, but we're still talking about a bloodthirsty 2-headed shark on a rampage here (not to mention a gaggle of college girls in bikinis) - what could possibly go wrong? I'll tell you what could go wrong and does go wrong in this movie - the entire cast is horrible. You could have built a replica of the Trojan Horse from all of the wooden acting on display here. And annoying!? If I had to choose between getting eaten by a 2-headed shark and being shipwrecked with the characters in this movie, I would be giving "suicide by shark" some serious consideration. Naturally, there are also all sorts of continuity errors, bad special effects, and giant plot holes, but what else would you expect from The Asylum? Heck, it's part of their B-movie rip-off charm, if you ask me.

So some kind of Podunk college offers some kind of Semester at Sea program, which leads to a bunch of scantily-clad college kids sunbathing, flirting, and goofing off onboard a boat while their professor futilely tries to teach them how to use a sextant. I thought the professor looked like he should be Jerry O'Connell's stunt double (except he isn't a good enough actor to be a stunt double), and now I know why - it's Jerry O'Connell's brother Charlie. Professor Babish does have one thing going for him, though - he's married to Carmen Electra's character (she's apparently some kind of doctor, but she can barely wrap an injured leg and apparently did her residency at a tanning salon). Both of them are useless when the ship hits something in the water and suffers a small but significant hull breach. Luckily, the ship happens to be a short distance away from an atoll, so the professor and kids take a dingy to the island while the crew tries to repair the ship. That's about the time our two-headed shark shows up to ruin everyone's day. I won't even try to describe all the stupid shenanigans that go on the rest of the way. Even if these people didn't needlessly put themselves in danger time and time again, they would only be safe for so long because the atoll they're on is quickly sinking into the sea (which I take as a sign that God hated these characters as much as I did). Geoff Ward deserves special mention, as he makes a strong run at "most annoying character ever" as a brainless, muscle-bound punk whose arrogance is only rivaled by his cowardice. Heck, Brooke Hogan plays the only character with half a brain in this entire movie.

Two scenes stick out in my mind. At one point, a certain adult character falls and skins his leg - and cries about it like a two-year-old who had her favorite doll stolen. You would think this guy is dying a most painful death, when all he really needs is a Band-Aid. None of the people actually being eaten by the shark carry on like this putz. The other scene is classic, though, and pretty much stands as the saving grace of the entire film. The two-headed shark flips this one dude up into the air with his tail, dives down, and then jumps up to double-chomp the guy before he lands back into the water. I had to rewind and watch that scene over again - it almost makes up for all of the horrible CGI effects and stock footage shots of the shark. Speaking of bad special effects, the filmmakers originally wanted to have the shark's second head growing out of its forehead. Now, that would have really been stupid.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with this film. Mutant monster movies starring B- and C-grade actors is supposed to be The Asylum's bread and butter, but they really let me down with this one. 2-Headed Shark Attack does feature more gore than I'm used to seeing from The Asylum, but that's about the only positive thing I can take with me from this movie.
on 14 May 2016
Absolute trash, only the brain dead would give this 5 stars. Can't give 0 but would if could
on 9 October 2014
A fun movie :)
on 20 October 2014
Codswallop don't waste your money even Carmen is disappointing in her swim suit
on 11 June 2014
Asylum are guilty of self-consciously aiming at cult status, but of their 3 movies I've seen on 4Music, this one is easily the best, and the only one for which I bought the DVD. You think "Scuttle! Scuttle!" is bad dialogue? It's no worse than Jurassic Park, where Laura Dern has to "Giggle! Giggle!", and Jeff Goldblum keeps idiotically mumbling, "Numbers, Numbers!" (or am I confusing it with Pi?). The FX on 2HSA are Asylum's best, too.

OK, Sandsharks is technically good, but it's only a variant on Tremors.
on 28 April 2015