5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album !!
Published 21 months ago by Tayo Irawo

1.0 out of 5 stars God forgives, and this album should be forgiven
Published on 16 Aug. 2012 by Leon

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album !!, 4 May 2013
This review is from: God Forgives I Don't (Audio CD)
Rick Ross's best album is arguably Teflon Don which features "i'm not a star" and "Mc hammer" which are two favourites of mine. I didn't like God Forgives I don't to begin with but after listening to the album for a week, I was blown away. My two favourite songs on the album are "Sixteen" and "Maybach IV", I think both songs are unique and push the boundaries of what we consider hip hop. Sixteen has this classy, jazzy sound to it whereas Maybach IV is difficult to put into words, it has 4 instrumental changes and is amazing.

There are other good songs on the album like diced pineapples, 10 jesus pieces and amsterdam which I like also. solid album overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like it, 20 Oct. 2012
This review is from: God Forgives, I Don't (Audio CD)
I was unsure after reading the other reviews but I Like this ALbum, especially the diced pineapples track with Drake and Wale

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Nov. 2014
This review is from: God Forgives, I Don't (Audio CD)
Love every bit of this item

5.0 out of 5 stars cd, delivery and quality all brilliant, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: God Forgives, I Don't (Audio CD)
rick ross has always brought out amazing cd's in the past so i bought this at a great price, my son loves it, because, the album has brilliant songs

4.0 out of 5 stars CD, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: God Forgives, I Don't (Audio CD)
Bought as a present for my son and he tells me that its a great CD! It arrived on time for Christmas

1.0 out of 5 stars God forgives, and this album should be forgiven, 16 Aug. 2012
This review is from: God Forgives, I Don't (Audio CD)
The hype for this album and Rick Ross is huge, pardon the pun. But it not only doesnt live up to it, it makes you wonder whats happening to the hip hop industry. It is tedious, I hate how Rick Ross fakes his persona completely and Im aware a lot of rappers do this but Rick ross takes it to another level. The beats sound the same as the rest of ross' songs, the rap verse is mediocre at best for ross, putting andre 3k on the album was a mistake as he embarassed ross even more with his legendary verse.

This album tries way too hard to bite another style but it fails miserably, if your a true hip hop fan, invest in something healthy for the hip hop community like Kendrick Lamars upcoming album good kid in a m.a.a.d city.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent !, 12 Mar. 2013
This review is from: God Forgives, I Don't (Audio CD)
Pretty good cd from Ricky Ross ! But I will be honest I listend to it once and haven't since , only because I have other CDs and don't think to put this one in !

2.0 out of 5 stars Formulaic and bloated, 30 July 2012
This review is from: God Forgives, I Don't (Audio CD)
I've never been able to get down with Rick Ross. It's not just that he's a fake, it's that his music rams the fact down your throat. The beats, for instance, are meant to be luxurious, orchestral and maximalist, but end up sounding crass and cheaply ostentatious. Like a working class person who suddenly acquires riches and fills his house with over the top pseudo-opulent ornaments, to try and prove they have class and taste, and in the process proving they have neither. Instead of sounding like the lavish, splendorous orchestra he's aiming for, it sounds merely like he's pressed a button on his laptop. His voice would sound better over grimy, minimal beats.

The beats aren't horrible though, merely unremarkable. This could be overcome by great lyrics or flow, but you get neither here. His words are formulaic, repetitive and boring as hell. He gets outshined by almost all the guest vocalists, especially Andre 3000 on 'Sixteen', which proves to be easily the high point of the album, and the only song that stands above the rest due to Andre's languid flow and the smooth, jazzy production.

Half the problem is that Ross isn't nearly as good or important as he thinks he is. His flow, as mentioned, is mediocre, and you can't buy top level beats, hooks and production with money stacks that exist only in his lyrics and imagination. At least the last album had the smarts to keep it to eleven tracks, too. Here, even the regular version stretches to fifteen tracks and seventy minutes. It's as bloated as his stomach.

God Forgives, I Don't
God Forgives, I Don't by Rick Ross (Audio CD - 2012)