4.0 out of 5 stars No more bruised bananas!
Published 12 months ago by Mr. R. S. Neal

3.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible with older models
I bought this banana case to protect my latest banana purchase (6 inch Grande Nain) from damage; however I was disappointed to find that, despite the claim that it 'Fits 90% of industry standard bananas', this particular model curves to the right and was therefore incompatible with my banana which curved to the left.

Further research revealed that this case is...
Published on 23 May 2013 by Mr. J. Stevens

3.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible with older models, 23 May 2013
Mr. J. Stevens (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plastic Banana Guard Protector Anti Bruising Case with Plastic Fork (Automotive)

Further research revealed that this case is ONLY compatible with bananas grown AFTER 22nd March 2013. These can be identified via model numbers ending in DS6N. Any other older banana will curve in the wrong direction and will not fit. I would advise owners of such models to consider protecting their purchases in a stout wooden box or chest like I do. You have been warned.

On a side note the fork is truly excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars No more bruised bananas!, 9 July 2014
Mr. R. S. Neal "robn7337" (England) - See all my reviews
I cycle to work and often take bananas to work. More often than not they would be bruised or damaged in some way by the time I got there: not any more. This simple object protects your banana and In fact I swear they taste better from being contained within!? I knocked off 1 star as it's awkward to open with 2 plastic clips either end. My girlfriend took one to work and came back with the banana trapped inside! It seems you have to open the middle clasp, then twist the case vertically up and down to open.

5.0 out of 5 stars Banatastic, 2 July 2014
I bought this banana case for my friend as I broke his old banana case. I would recommend this banana case to anyone considering or wanting to purchase a banana case. It provides as a case for your banana to ensure you eat a fresh unbruised banana.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, 16 Jan. 2013
This banana case is too small for medium-large sized bananas. I have to squash bananas in, leading to bruising, which defeats the point! Also, why is there a fork?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!!!!, 16 Feb. 2013
Bought this for my son to take his banana to college to save it getting mushed up at the bottom of his bag. I thought for the price it wouldn't last a week as the hinge seemed a bit dodgy. However, a month on and it's still'fit for purpose'! I would have given 5 stars but I'm still not convinced about the hinge. Bottom line tho? Still can't go wrong with this one at the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't use it!, 10 July 2013
totally dissappointed with this item - replacing an excellent lost banana guard. I found it REALLY difficult to open and close, very fiddly and doubt a child could do it. Requested to return, but would have to pay postage which is more than cost of product. I've wasted my money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 23 Oct. 2013
Bought these for my 2 kids for packed lunches.
A bit tricky to open at first but easy once you get the hang of it, the kids aged 5 and 7 manage it just fine.
No more bananas brought home uneaten cause they got squashed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall i am pleased with it, 8 Jan. 2015
Doesn't come with the fork as other review said but I don't know why you'd use a fork with a banana anyway. Overall i am pleased with it... Doesn't shut everytime but 4/5 times it does. So far fits most average sized bananas

4.0 out of 5 stars Banana case, 16 Nov. 2013
R. Ray (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a good piece of kit. It keeps my husband's banana from getting squashed in the bottom of his rucksack. Not sure about the fork but I have put it to one side in case we need it on a picnic.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 25 April 2015
Bought this for my husband as he cycles to work and says that his banana keeps getting squashed.

Havent found a banana yet that doesnt fit in it and he's really pleased with it!