Style Name: Original|Change

on 21 November 2012
I've got a German Shepard and he loves these rawhide chews. So much so that when I open the plastic jar, he will always run into his basket to show what a well behaved dog he is and that he deserves the chew.

They do cut down on the bad breath, having tested it with sardines.

Point to note, delivery via Subscibe and Save seems unreliable. Amazon's representatives do not seem to do much to resolve this as they used to and I have cancelled my Subscibe and Save subscriptions as a result.
VINE VOICEon 25 February 2013
These chews are made from 100% natural hide and apart from helping to keep my 7 year old dogs breath fresh,his teeth and gums are healthy and pink and the vet is pleased with his oral care. I tried using a toothbrush and canine toothpaste but he wouldn't co-operate, there's no problem now with the Hilife chews, he sits quite happily chewing each piece for up to half an hour, depending on the size of chew given - as they are natural the size, shape and colour can vary. Fast delivery and very competitive price from Amazon as usual!
on 29 January 2013
These rawhide strips last for ages. My black lab takes about half an hour to demolish one and they clearly give him a lot of pleasure during that time.
on 23 June 2014
My dogs love this flavour and they get fresher breath for an hour or so. Find it hard to buy this flavour in the supermarket but by buying a few more tubs than I would at the supermarket but then buying it less often I have solved my problem and I pay a few pence less than I would at the supermarket so my purse is happy too. Thanks Amazon.
on 6 January 2013
My dog loves these. Great for his teeth and keeps him occupied for a good while. The sizes vary so he gets a particularly thick chew if I need him to be quiet for longer! Good price from Amazon
on 24 September 2014
Overpoweringly strong mint aroma on opening the pot. My dogs ignore the chews until they have been laying around in the open air for a few hours, hence the aroma has lessened and they are more palatable. Then they devour them. Personally I will not reorder this minty variety but will definitely reorder the plain version, which my dogs love.
on 20 June 2013
I actually thought they'd stopped making the spearmint flavour as I'd not seen any for a very long time & so I was pleased to fall upon them on here whilst browsing!! My dog's love them & they're good to give between real bones. The dog's get an extra teeth cleaning & they have a really lovely minty fresh smell too!!

I notice some complaining about the size & thickness of these chews but they've always been this way & so are other similar chews. I personally don't think these chews are suitable for toy/small dog's due to their size but for a medium to large dog they're great. If your dog is a greedy gulper then be sure to supervise as rawhide can sometimes get stuck if not chewed properly.
on 8 January 2014
This product keeps my dog amused for a while so gives me some peace.I also assume they are good for her teeth.
on 16 January 2015
This is the third purchase I have made of these chews. The first order contained three jars of uniform chews for length and thickness. My second order had three jars of really rubbish size chews for a Golden Retriever size dog. I decided to give them one more try and my third order has lovely even size, thickish chews which are great. All of this said, they do keep my dog's teeth nice and clean and I do recommend them.

UPDATE. It is with reluctance that I have had to make the decision not to give these to my Golden Retriever any more. The last three jars that I received contained predominantly really thin chews. My dog has had quite a few episodes of the chew becoming stuck to the roof of his mouth right at the far end of his tongue. He is extremely good at allowing human intervention in his mouth when needed but it was difficult to pull the soggy flattened chew away without making him "gag" badly in the process.

Such a shame as these chews used to be much thicker and posed no danger and they certainly did represent good value for money at the same time as achieving nice clean teeth.

Just be aware.
on 10 July 2014
Best chews for dogs. They don't split so they're not dangerous for dogs.
They won't last long, about 5-10mn on my 10 month Labrador jaws. But they're also very cheap.
My dog asks me for one twice a day.

See one answered question