5.0 out of 5 stars High Vis rucksack cover
I am glad I went down the route of buying a high vis vest but I forgot that much of the back is covered when cycling with a backpack. This cover is easy to put on, and looks even more visible than my high vis vest. It's also waterproof!
A good price for very useful safety item. Delivery time was excellent.
Published on 6 Jan 2012 by John

3.0 out of 5 stars Size DOES matter!
The information given about this cover does NOT give a rucksack size (normally quoted in litres). I guessed it would fit my old (no longer waterproof) "Karrimor Hot Ice" (c 35 litres, from memory). It is pushing it a bit... I reckon it would fit well on 30 litres or less?

The elastic straps are a bit awkward - the bottom one clashes with a wide hipbelt...
Published on 8 Aug 2012 by pavel tsimbl-grimpler

3.0 out of 5 stars Size DOES matter!, 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: Sport DirectTM Hiv Vis Reflective Rucksack Waterproof Backpack Cover Orange/Yellow (Misc.)

Reasonable value for money... but size DOES matter...

5.0 out of 5 stars High Vis rucksack cover, 6 Jan 2012
A good price for very useful safety item. Delivery time was excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product, 6 Jan 2012
JNod (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
I have a good size rucksack, which I carry helmet, (not when cycling), laptop, books, lunch and waterproofs in and this backpack cover is sufficient to cover it. The elastic nature of of the cover holds the cover beneath the bag at the bottom but the pop-studded straps at bottom are not long enough to go around the bag at the bottom. However, the straps at the top do hold cover on when weaved beneath the bags straps. Pocket is also useful for dropping a reflective light into.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin, 12 Dec 2011
Fits my 25L pack nicely - definite stretching room. No velcro but one button for each strap - really nice as velcro often comes loose or wears with time.

Well worth the price. Don't be fooled by the branded alternatives at 5 times the cost.

EDIT:
I bought this when it was about £5. Seems the positive reviews have put the prices up... Not to mention changed the colours from solid yellow to hideous orange!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality and not big enough to cover whole bag, 17 Dec 2012
This is a poor substitute for the HUMP - it is not big enough for a 25L backpack and the straps that hold it on have very poor fastenings that constantly un-pop. It's cheap but that is it.

I wish I'd paid a little more and got a better one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good, 16 Feb 2012
Just bought this as an extra visability aid. As other people have said we wear hi vis clothing only to hide it with a dark backpack. This cover not only eliminates the black mass on your back but also makes you visable on dark morninigs and evenings.

I do not know how water proof it is and I will comment further should I find it to be lacking in that department.

On first impressions it is well worth the money and if it helps you to be seen it cannot be faulted. (I will give 5 stars when I have checked the water proofing)

I said i would let you know how the water proofing was when I had tested. This morning I cyclerd in steady rain and the cover performed well the only water ingress was at the very top of my rucksack, I think the reason for this is that I use a 30ltr bag which is on the limit for this cover having said that the water did not get into the bag.

August: This product is now going in the bin as the press studs have pulled through the fabric (hence the re rating of the product) rendering the cover useless as it cannot be fastened to my backpack. enerall an OK product but the fastenings need some attention.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Enough!, 17 Aug 2012
I bought this for my son who argues all the time about wearing a hi vis vest when cycling. It's shwoerproof nylon material, its not rubberised so I doubt if its waterproof. It covered a standard school rucksack (20-25 liters?), however if the rucksack if full with little or no give in it, the fitting is tight - i.e just about covers the rucksack.
Cover is held on by two elasticated belts that go around the rucksack and pop studs are the connectors.
Wasn't very expensive so was a low risk gamble. If he contines to use the bike is the darker wintery days I may invest in something more expensive.
Anyway, son is happy with and is using it it so mission accomplished!
PS It would be useful if all suppliers stated the size of rucksack the covers were intended for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hi Vis Cover, 27 Mar 2014
A.McGrath - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I use this when cycling with or without a Hi Vis vest or jacket. Its size: It comfortably covers my (25 litres approx - 15" x 8" x 12") rucksack when fully loaded . Whilst it probably would stretch a bit further, I don't think it would last long.

I've now had this for about 18 months and it's still serviceable. Although one has to be careful about handling it, as the stitching of the two reflective stripes isn't as strong as it could be. The two stripes do however standout well when illuminated in the dark and they measure about 3/4" wide. (Some of the cheaper or fake covers don't comply with the luminescence standard and are barely noticeable in the dark)

The main two contrasting colours standout well in daylight but at night time, the two reflective stripes may not be enough to give maximum protection. If you're out a lot at this time, it may be better to buy one of the other types with more reflective material on it.

The pocket is handy for attaching a light and is strong enough for gloves and lightweight tools etc.

Overall, not bad for the money (at the time of writing). Quality 5/10.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keeping cyclists alive!, 16 July 2012
Great purchase without paying a fortune and having branding scrawled all over it. Good quality fabric, waterproof, should last a while. Gave it three as the elastic straps and poppers will probably be the first to go after continuous use, but no complaints so far. A few reflective strips on the sides would be welcomed. Packs up small which is great. Easy to fit on medium sized bag. (Any bigger and you should use a pannier!). Would buy again, no doubts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good design, poor quality, 24 July 2013
G. Hannan (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Great design, but the quality of stitching between body of cover and elasticated border is poor. Have to do running repairs all the time. Also, I would say maximum practical size for cover is not much more than 20 litres, certainly way less than 40 litres.