5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
We have had The Gruffalo animated, and now we have The Gruffalo's Child, and what a treat it is. When the young Gruffalo girl goes into the forest in search of the Big Bad Mouse she is in for a few adventures.

Published on 25 Dec 2011 by M. Dowden

3.0 out of 5 stars useless dvd
I bought this dvd for my Grandson, we opened it yesterday when he came to visit and unfortunately it wont play. This message comes up. :programme prohibited by area limitations.: I will need to return it, please advise.
Published 14 months ago by cassandra

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Dec 2011
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Child [DVD] (DVD)

With great animation the woods and its creatures are brought to stunning life in a tale that little children will love, and dare I say it, adults as well. I sat mesmerised watching this and it is something that will keep the whole family engrossed in.

Ideal for all ages this is well worth getting if you have small children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another instant classic., 25 Dec 2011
I watched last year's The Gruffalo with my young sons because I had been reading it to them for months. I was instantly both surprised, delighted and charmed by it's authentic take on the story, and by how they had so carefully and cleverly added some extra fun bits into it that probably only the parents would notice. And, happily, the same can be said for The Gruffalo's Child. The story itself is ever so slightly less captivating than The Gruffalo, but the animated version of The Gruffalo's Child easily redeems any lack in the storyline. As an adult, watching it with my wife and 3 young boys, I found myself laughing out loud, smiling and admiring the workmanship of the animators. This is a video that will get re-played many times over. Highly recommended, and an absolute must if you like The Gruffalo.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 7 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Child [DVD] (DVD)
It's a lovely short film version of one of my daughters favourite books. It's being played over and over! It is very short though, it would be as well to put the Gruffalo's child on the same DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Feb 2014
L. C. Cooper (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Child [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my 2 year old granddaughter because she so enjoyed the Gruffalo. It was an immediate hit. She will watch it time after time with no diminished interest. It has also helped her vocabulary as well and she will often join in with the story. Totally and utterly worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars My grandsons argues to watch the Guffalo`s child., 13 July 2014
My grandsons argues to watch the Guffalo`s child. He would watch it every minute of the day time and time again IF HE WAS ALLOWED

5.0 out of 5 stars the gruffalos child, 24 Jun 2014
the grand daughters love it play it all the time ,keeps then occupied and quiet, nothing else to say sorry

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Child [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent children's entertainment. Keeps the grand-daughter quiet whilst watching this video. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Child [DVD] (DVD)
Even better than the gruffalo

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun 2014
👍

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 28 Jun 2014
B. "timerider666" (Newcastle Emlyn, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Child [DVD] (DVD)
My girls (3 and 8) love this as much as the original! (And I do too). Although the voices are different to the first Gruffalo "movie" they suit the characters very well. Lots of funny moments over and above the book.

The Gruffalo's Child [DVD]
The Gruffalo's Child [DVD] by Helena Bonham Carter (DVD - 2012)