5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic...but where is Series 1 to 14?
Published on 10 Jan 2012 by J.Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars A Nice bit of Digging - and a few treasures.
I can't see the entire logic of this release. We have had 18 series of this great programme and it's only now they want to release a series to DVD. What's the point?, we are missing the other 17 series, in all fairness i would far more appreciate and i'm sure other Time Teams fans would like to see the older series'.

Series 18 was a So-So series, so over...
Published on 2 Jan 2012 by R. Reel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic...but where is Series 1 to 14?, 10 Jan 2012
J.Jones (New Zealand, Pacific) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD] (DVD)
I thoroughly enjoyed Time Team Series 18 (2011). For those of you who have been living under a rock for the last 17 years, Time Team is a British series in which a team of experts carry out an archaeological dig over a period of three days. Hosted by Tony Robinson, and featuring regular experts: Phil Harding, Mick Aston, Francis Pryor, Stewart Ainsworth, John Gator and Helen Geake, the series is equal parts informative and entertaining.
This 3DVD box set features ten episodes:

7. House of the White Queen - Groby, Leicestershire
8. Cannons and Castles - Mont Orgueil, Jersey, Channel Islands
9. Mystery of the Manor Moat - Llancaiach Fawr, South Wales
10. Search for the Domesday Mill - Buck Mill, Somerset

P.S. Dear Videotext Communications, please please please release Series 1 to 14 on DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show... why a full series DVD starting at series 18?, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD] (DVD)
I have to admit that I am a big fan of this show having seen every episode amd most of the specicals since 1994. So it is with great pleasure that I see a full series box set, the first to my knowledge. So it would be quite easy for me to give it 5 stars and rave how good the programme is. However, I have to ask....

Where are series 1 to 17?
Are they going to be released?

For me, series 18 is not quite as good as some of the earlier ones but definately worth 4 stars.

Also, if the above description is correct there are 3 missing series 18 programmes though none of these are typical Time Team digs.

The missing programmes are,

Castle of the Saxon Kings (sort of a mini special, visiting a dig at Bamburgh Castle)
Looking Underground (this was a interesting programme showing how geopysicists works which involved John Gator looking for planted, unusual objects in a field)
The Way we Lived (as per the title, a programme looking how we lived in the past)

I do not want to sound too negative as this is a great programme. For anyone who is interested in anything archaeological or historal mysteries and has not seen this programme I would highly recomend watching. In the UK, series 19 starts January Sunday 22nd. There is a good chance that once you start watching, you be hooked.

I am hoping the previous series appear in the near future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good...but where's the others?, 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD] (DVD)
Couldn't agree with the other reviews more if i tried!...
I loved time team from very early on but have seen so precious few of them that i'm pawing to get hold of all the episodes!
Even if you have no interest in history/archeology to speak of, they are still worth a watch if only for the entertainment value: Tony and the team are masters at what they do and each one of them has a character, humanity and passion that they bring to the programme that keeps you giggling, rivetted and inspired all at the same time. The programme is also expertly edited and produced...it's almost as if they've picked up some of the clippings from the editing room floor and stuck them back in again..
I hope time team keep digging till they drop but, more importantly, i hope the people responsible for DVDising these programmes and distributing them wake up one morning with a full sense of their duty to the British public in getting the first 17 episodes released....!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic indeed, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD] (DVD)
We just love the Time Team series and this DVD is great, but why are the previous series not published! We do hope that the producer(s) will decide to put all the Time Team episodes on DVD. We will certainly buy them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but when will series 1 - 17 be released on DVD?, 2 April 2012
This review is from: Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD] (DVD)
Great to see a full time team series on dvd AT LAST, but come on, when are series 1-17 going to be released?

5.0 out of 5 stars Why has it taken so long?, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched Time Team since it was first broadcast, looking forward to each sunday evening's offering.
This is an excellent 3 DVD set, and though I have not watched them all as yet, they appear to be of good quality.
I may start watching these episodes in place of the less inspired series 19 currently running which for me seems to be lacking. I have problems appreciating why Tony Robinson requires a new assistant, other than to wander about saying "wow" and giving us deeper insights into such things as the effects of coastal erosion with "to think all those little waves...". Still takes me back to when I was seven!
This DVD however has a good team, with all the originals including Helen Geake who sadly appears to have all but disappeared from the current series, perhaps she had not appreciated the importance of saying "wow" at the appropriate moments.
It would be wonderful if they released earlier series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent archaeology, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD] (DVD)
Like all of Time Team's videos, this latest one gives the viewer a taste for archaeology as it is. As an ex-archaeological digger I know that it is not all unearthing precious artefacts - sometimes you are up to your neck in muck, and rained on to boot. Long may the team continue to produce these.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Entire Season, Finally on DVD!!!, 3 Mar 2012
D. Kelly (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD] (DVD)
While I'd agree with other reviewers that this season isn't necessarily the most riveting (the Welsh manor house episode a classic example of the team not quite finding what they were looking for), there are some excellent episodes, and it is wonderful to finally have an entire season gathered together. The few "best of" type collections have been great, but it is fantastic to have a whole season, with the lesser episodes as well as the total winners. Our PVR gets random episodes as they're broadcast by our local station here in Canada, but I would love to work my way backwards through the other 17 seasons - so, like other reviewers, LOOKING FORWARD TO THE OTHER COMPLETE SEASONS BEING RELEASED ON DVD - PLEASE??? My only true criticism? I don't like the shortening of the title credits and the slight variation they've done on the classic Time Team theme song. More more more, please oh please?

5.0 out of 5 stars Now bring out 1-17 please, 14 Feb 2012
L. Robertson (Delft Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a Time Team fan who lives outwith the UK and has to rely on occasional transmissions on one of the history channels. I'd buy a box set of all the other series (I'd probably buy the series individually) - haven't CH4 noticed the market for DVD sets? Hopefully, this is a "toe testing the water" and they'll decide that it IS worth bringing out 1-17.

5.0 out of 5 stars For any Time Team fan, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD] (DVD)
My husband really enjoys these dvds and can watch them over again. Informative and interesting whilst having humour put into it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD]
Time Team - Tottiford and Other Digs [DVD] by Tony Robinson (DVD - 2012)
17.19