4.0 out of 5 stars Treading water, still brilliant
Published 18 months ago by Inspector Gadget

3.0 out of 5 stars I hope you like the taste of ringworm medicine!
I've loved The Simpsons for many years. I've bought every DVD box set and continue to watch the show on television, and despite the decline in quality, The Simpsons is still one of the best reasons to own a TV. And as a superfan, I believe that this, the fifteenth season, was where OFF started to lose it.

Although there are a lot of good episodes here, they...
Published 24 months ago by C. A. Richards

4.0 out of 5 stars Treading water, still brilliant, 1 Aug. 2013
Inspector Gadget "Go Go Gadget Reviews" (On the trail of Doctor Claw) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
So here we are in the middle of the early '00s rut that the Simpsons found themselves in. The worst I can say about this season is that you'll not pay full attention to some of the 22 episodes. I was often typing on my laptop, but I could still hear it and I laughed many times throughout. The best of them are still very well-written though the overall quality is still above average. There are no classic episodes in this season, but it does introduce us to Homer's superhero alter ego Pieman, as well as Marge's Mills and Boon version of Homer, and the return of Homer's fugitive mom. All of this is undone by a certain war criminal (to whom Homer refers as Mr. Bean) cameo-ing as himself. As well as plenty of laughs there is some caustic satire, but its not really subtle.

The show once again looks great on Blu-ray in 1.33:1 1080p with lively DTS HD-MA sound. There are a decent amount of extras, including 3 Otto-based episodes from older seasons, which also look great and a noticeable upgrade from the DVD counterparts. It proves, again, that the older seasons would benefit from a Blu-ray upgrade, but since Fox release these seasons approximately once every 40 years I doubt it will happen. Another nice feature of this Blu-ray is the ability to integrate the deleted scenes back into the show. I wish the others had this innovation. Definitely worth buying, despite the rut.

Fox should make Willie the focus of the next season on Blu-ray. He's the best.

3.0 out of 5 stars I hope you like the taste of ringworm medicine!, 6 Feb. 2013
C. A. Richards (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Simpsons - Season 15 [DVD] (DVD)

Although there are a lot of good episodes here, they never really get any better than just "good". None of them are as bad as I remember, although like the season before it, perhaps mainly because they aren't as Lackluster (Video) as they are now.

The decline begins with the episode "Catch 'Em If You Can". I never liked this episode originally, and having rewatched it, my opinion hasn't changed. In this episode, Homer and Marge ditch the kids to spend some intimate vacation time together. Fair enough. But Marge, particularly, in this episode behaves extremely out of character. Portrayed as a mother desperate to escape her children, it totally destroys her loving nature. What happened to the woman who couldn't bare to be separated from her children in the seventh season episode "Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily"? In this episode, Marge also uses language which is usually absent from her vocabulary such as referring to sex as "sex", whereas in earlier episodes (seasons) she would have normally used a euphemism such as "snuggle". Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but this isn't how classic Marge would act. It's almost as if they were trying to turn her into a poor man's Lois Griffin at this point. On a related note, in the following episode she refers to contestants on a Bachelor-type TV show as "skanks".

What you're getting with the fifteenth season is the beginning of the end. A strong start for a season, and a series that perhaps in some opinions should be put out to pasture, and a mediocre end.

It's The Simpsons, Jim, but not as we know it.

2.0 out of 5 stars shoddy packaging - again, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Simpsons - Season 15 [DVD] (DVD)
From the beginning the packaging of The Simpsons has been poor. This latest season carries on that less than proud tradition. This week another crumpled cardboard package arrived to rest on my shelves next to all the rest. Slightly more robust than the chatty plastic "special" cases but still spitting in the faces of the many fans who want a permanent library. It is not as though these sets are low priced or that Fox are not aware of fan dissatisfaction. Other box sets maintain a much higher standard so why can't Fox be bothered? They should be ashamed of themselves. The series is fine, we know what we are getting, but as a product it has the whiff of rip-off about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Going Strong, 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Simpsons - Season 15 [DVD] (DVD)
The quality of The Simpsons recently has been argued for years and will continue to do so for longer but none the less, the show still proves to be popular, currently airing it's 24th Season in the USA. The show now will never compare to the classic episodes of the 90s however it still provides laughter and comedy. The 15th Season has to be one of the best in a long time. After a mediocre few seasons before it, the 15th season brings back some once lost comedy. The better episodes of the season include 'The Regina Monologues' in which the Simpsons travel to England. 'I, (Annoyed Grunt)-Bot' in which we meet Snowball after Snowball and 'Tis the Fifteenth Season' in which Homer becomes the nicest man in Springfield, something which Ned Flanders relishes. A great season. Looking forward to Season 16!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Addition!, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons - Season 15 [DVD] (DVD)
If you're a simpsons fan or collect their season DVD's you'll find that this is another great addition, all episodes, commentary on every episode as usual, deleted scenes and other extra goodies!

Great art on the menu screen and on the box and manual, great attention to detail.

The only real negative is the packaging of the case, I prefer the old stacked transparent cases, but that's very minor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product and speedy delievery, 17 April 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons - Season 15 [DVD] (DVD)
I was very impressed with this product as it is of good quality all episodes work and do not skip. The delievery was very quick, I ordered the product and I think it was the next day or day after it arrived which i was very pleased with. I would recommend this product and seller as quality service.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best seasons ever!, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Simpsons - Season 15 [DVD] (DVD)
In my opinion, this is a must have for all Simpsons fans. The box set includes 22 episodes: 'Treehouse of Horror XXIV' 8/10, 'My Mother the Carjacker' 9/10, 'The President Wore Pearls' 9/10, 'The Regina Monologues' 8.5/10, 'The Fat and the Furriest' 9/10, 'Today I Am A Clown' 10/10, ' 'Tis the Fifteenth Season' 9/10, 'Marge Versus Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens and Gays' 9/10, 'I, (Annoyed Grunt)-Bot' 10/10, 'Diatribe of A Mad House Wife' 8/10, 'Margical History Tour' 9/10,'Millhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore' 9/10, 'Smart and Smarter' 8/10, ' The Ziff Who Came To Dinner' 8/10, 'Co-Dependent's Day' 10/10, 'The Wandering Juvie' 8/10, 'My Big Fat Geek Wedding' 7/10, 'Catch 'Em If You Can' 10/10, 'Simple Simpson' 9/10, 'The Way We Weren't' 9/10, 'Bart-Mangled Banner' 9/10 and 'Fraudcast News' 10/10.

This season, is a complete triumph - one of the best seasons ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a good present, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons - Season 15 [DVD] (DVD)
We buy our son a series each birthday Christmas etc. he is a huge fan as both myself and my husband are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must see, 29 Jan. 2014
George Adamides (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Simpsons - Season 15 [DVD] (DVD)
Always perfect. If you haven't seen The Simpsons family you haven't experience the world of art, completely. For me The Simpsons, is fine art.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand!, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons - Season 15 [DVD] (DVD)
It is what I expected to get. Perfect sound and image, what ask more?
I really like it. Suitable for a nice gift.

The Simpsons - Season 15 [DVD]
The Simpsons - Season 15 [DVD] by Dan Castellaneta (DVD - 2012)