4.0 out of 5 stars Glee Season 3

3.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointed Gleek
Published on 23 May 2012 by M. Pugh

4.0 out of 5 stars Glee Season 3, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: Glee - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
First of all I absolutely LOVE glee, I have since I started watching it in Season 1, then I fell more in love with it in Season 2 with the more developed story lines and introducing a couple of new characters like Blaine and Sam who were a couple of little stars to add to the already amazing Glee. With Season 3 now I still loved it most of the time, the song choices and how they performed them were the best yet like Rumor Has It/Someone Like You and Somebody I Used To Know. There was also some amazing episodes in there like On My Way and Dance With Somebody, these were the episodes where is say that when Glee gets it right, they get it so right.
But, when Glee gets it wrong they get it very wrong. I didn't enjoy a few of the episodes firstly The Spanish Teacher because if Will had that much of a problem with Spanish why has he been going at it all this time, and I didn't like how there was so many Spanish stereotypes which might have offended some people.
Also, I Kissed A Girl, not only did I not like this episode but I had a problem with the way that Santana's outing was dealt with. Instead of talking about her coming out with her girlfriend she talking about it with the person that outed her in the first place so he then became the hero, and she actually never talked about it with Brittany for a few episodes after that.
Another episode that I had a bit of a problem with is Goodbye, at the end I thought i turned into the Rachel Berry show because her story line was all cleared up but someone like Kurt's wasn't we were left hanging for the whole summer as to what Kurt was going to do. We also didn't get to see how Blaine helped Kurt with his rejection because this obviously meant a lot to Kurt, instead we got another Finn/Rachel scene talking about chairs.
Other people that I've read don't seem to like the episode Big Brother, but I really liked how we got to see Blaine as a separate character not just Kurt's love interest and got to see some more aspects of Blaine's life outside of the one with Kurt.
There was more positive episodes than negative episodes don't get me wrong but as I said the producers at Glee certainly did get some things wrong this season but a great season and I will be buying the DVD and enjoying the episodes that I like which is most of them

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Glee? Love this!, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Glee - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
If you love Glee then this third series will not disappoint. You may have been a little put off by the second series (who could balme you?) but stick with it as this series really picks up. I literally could not stop watching, the songs were great, the storylines a bit juicier and the ending totally un-expected and emotional. If you're new to Glee (where have you been?) then don't start here, obviously start with the first series. No point going over the characters and storyline as I should imiagine it's only serious Gleeks buying this, so if you are a Gleek then prepare to close the curtains, turn your phone off, tell your friends you're away for the weekend, turn up the volume and sing along to the Glee jukebox in the extras of this box set.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing for me since Gene Kelly "Singing in the Rain"., 24 Nov 2012
This review is from: Glee - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
If you love "Glee" how can you fail to enjoy seeing all the episodes without the irritating breaks for adverts. Yes, there are weaknesses in some of the plots and some are downright silly but on the whole the standard is high. I am amazed at the number of positive messages put across and hope that youngsters watching the show are encouraged by it. It has pathos, humour and the most superb singing and dancing.
It is great that you can choose to watch just the musical numbers in Extras.

5.0 out of 5 stars IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM, 24 Mar 2013
Mr. D. L. Rees "LEE DAVID" (DORSET) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Glee - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Changes loom at William McKinley High, this Graduation Year for several members of Will Scheuster's New Direction Glee Club. For three years they have evolved from school cast-offs to almost a family, steady achievement helping them to gain self-confidence. But they have been cocooned. The real world now beckons. Show business ahead or, for most, another new direction altogether...?

Like its predecessors, Season 3 is uneven. Some episodes simply represent song and dance numbers (a few ill-advised) strung together by the flimsiest of storylines. Everything soars when more serious themes are explored: loyalty, sexuality, bullying (possible tragedy to result), effects of a car crash, wife beating, the ever-increasing apprehension of what lies beyond.

Will's new partner Emma and football coach Shannon now feature more prominently - agreeably so. Newcomers include Irish Rory and Russell Brand lookalike Joe, both making impact. Sue Sylvester remains gloriously horrible (especially when electioneering for Congress) but is capable of surprises. (Check out that deleted scene on Disc 2 - a moving revelation how she came to hate the performing arts). Particular pleasures? Most (not all) of the "West Side Story" numbers, the tributes to Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston, extracts from "Grease" and "Saturday Night Fever", Kurt's graduation present from his dad.

What next for the stalwarts? Marriage for Rachel and Finn? The heights for Kurt and Blaine? A mellowing for those who have previous shown much attitude? (Puck this season has interesting moments.)

22 episodes. Bonuses abound, notably the Juke Box features which allow easy access to musical items particularly enjoyed.

Those wishing to sneer have no shortage of ammunition: throughout an abundance of froth, schmaltz, ham and corn, irritating (and at times incomprehensible) talking at speed, numbers occasionally not doing justice to the material. For fans all this may be true but matters not - they bowled over by a likeable cast with its enthusiasm and exuberance, and by numbers (so often lavishly staged) that work a treat.

Escapist fun, which thoroughly entertains. Many will wish well the characters (cast too) as they seek to fulfil their dreams.

4.0 out of 5 stars Back to it's best!, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Glee - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
After the disappointing second season I feel that Glee has fully rehabilitated itself back to the show I once loved. Sure there are a few bad episodes,for example "The Spanish Teacher" and "Big Brother", but when Glee does everything well, it excels most other shows on television.
Highlights for me include "Props" and "Nationals",the disco episode, the Whitney and Michael tributes and the highly emotional "On My Way". Overall I feel this season was a success. There were a few hurdles and mis-steps along the way but I feel that if they carry on the way they are Season 4 could be the next Season 1!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gold is few and far between, but when it is.. Wow., 25 May 2012
This review is from: Glee - Season 3 [Blu-ray] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
Having been a fan of Glee from the beginning, it's not hard to identify the show is slowly losing its grip. With confusing continuity errors and characters changing their mind about things every other episode, some episodes will have you cringing more than you ever thought possible and screaming at the TV.
However, episodes like "Props" and "Nationals" are the little gems hidden deep within the series that reminded me why I love Glee so much. The episodes really do shine and nearly make up for the lackluster pile of episodes.

Even in the poor episodes, there are still some great moments and fun little numbers, even times when Glee remembers its a comedy. There's just something about Glee that brings me back every week, I don't know what it is, maybe its the lovable characters or big cliffhangers, but I absolutely love it.
Lets see where season four takes us, I'm not ready to lose this show yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointed Gleek, 23 May 2012
M. Pugh "mummychelle" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Glee - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I would happily stand up and confess "I am a Gleek". I heard good things about the show and so watched season 1 on the repeat. And I loved it. Brilliant show, great acting, brilliant writing, good choice of songs and some very funny moments. Season 1 I would recommend to all. Then came the much anticipated season 2....... and I was disappointed. Nowhere near as good as the first season. Still, I looked forward to season 3 and hoped to prhaps see a return to its previous form.

Unfortunately it was not to be. It feels more forced - the characters are pushed more to their extremems (a bit like they did in friends with characters like Ross and Joey in an attempt to make them funnier) and at times you just cringe whilst watching it. The episodes used to have a story, that they founds songs to fit the storyline to. Now they have the songs that they want to sing (or a theme they want it to fit) and they write the episode around the songs. It just doesn't work as well.

Don't get me wrong - there are some really good episodes (e.g the Michael Jackson one which I thoroughly enjoyed despite not being an MJ fan myself), but on the whole I would describe them as mediocre at best.

I have given this 3 stars because the songs are still superb, and some of the episodes are very good. Just as a season overall, what I have seen of it (almost the whole season now) hasn't wowed me like season 1 did. I have heard it has been picked up for a fourth season though, so I guess they are doing something right!

For the Glee fan this boxset is of course a 'must have' item. If however you are new to Glee, please try season 1 first for an insight as to how good this show really can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing- no surprise there!, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Glee - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I adore glee and this season is no different. Lots of different storylines and previous characters get explored more, particularly Santana and Brittany, etc. i cannot believe they are only having six seasons!!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE GLEE, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Glee - Season 3 [Blu-ray] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
Love, love, LOVE glee! Season 3 is by far the best season and having it on blu-Ray makes it even better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Glee - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Just as described. Arrived quickly and safe. It is great for anyone who loves Glee and would make a excellent gift for them!

Glee - Season 3 [Blu-ray] [Region A & B]
Glee - Season 3 [Blu-ray] [Region A & B] by Lea Michele (Blu-ray - 2012)
15.02