5.0 out of 5 stars SWIMMING AGAINST THE TIDE
Published on 17 Dec. 2011 by Breadman

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant affair
Pop music is the art of casual fling.
No one writes great songs about being married for 25 years, of a companionable silence over-looking the Rialto, of squidging your lover's squidgy bits.
So it is appropriate that my relationship with The Feeling was enjoyable, invigorating and time-limited.
They had somehow passed me by, like garden centres and car boot...
Published on 16 Oct. 2012 by Mr. Anthony JONES

5.0 out of 5 stars SWIMMING AGAINST THE TIDE, 17 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Feeling - Singles [2006 - 2011] (Audio CD)
It probably says much about the state of the UK charts that even 3 years ago, The Feeling were considered one of the best new bands around, yet their 2011 album peaked at 20, and the 3 singles didn't trouble the Top 40 at all - and despite the comment that the 2011 singles were not as good af the earlier ones, Dance For The Lights is actually one of their very best. So there is no excuse for their lack of chart success this year except to say that unless your name is Rhianna, Beyonce or Gaga...or you are a black rapper....then you can foget about any airplay outside of Radio 2 and any hope of featuring on the music channels - which are little more than promotional channels for the aforementioned. When a talented band like the Feeling can't get airplay - we may as well all go home. This album PROVES that no-one has produced as much brilliant POP music in the past 6 years than The Feeling....yet this album will no doubt sell just a few thousand copies - afterall, HMV etc have got to make room on their shelves for the latest Gaga album haven't they. In summary - if you like music that you can actually sing-a-long to....then buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Feeling feel good factor, 29 July 2012
The Feeling are masters at writing and performing songs that are instantly memorable and distinctly them, and leave you feeling good. I like all the tracks on this hits album, you won't be disappointed. They deserve to be an even bigger force than they currently are, they're probably too good to be in the current charts where image is more important than content, their day will come again once the kids have grown up. Consistent and talented, long may they continue.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Feeling - Singles [2006 - 2011] (Audio CD)
10/10 for the dvd and how quick i got it as well at the time gd stuff thanks for custom

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday Gift, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Feeling - Singles [2006 - 2011] (Audio CD)
I bought this as a gift, the birthday boy was very pleased with his present & was looking forward to listening to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Feeling - Singles [2006 - 2011] (Audio CD)
I love this man's voice. I play it when we have friends, when we just need to have a sing song to cheer us up.

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant affair, 16 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Feeling - Singles [2006 - 2011] (Audio CD)
Pop music is the art of casual fling.
They had somehow passed me by, like garden centres and car boot sales.
So when I heard "A Hundred Sinners" I was pleasantly surprised & over-joyed to find a like-minded soul.
As I pulled out my guitar, we came to know each other well. I hacked around, and decided that Hundred Sinners is in D but immediately goes up to some sort of E. E7? E4? Good move.
It then moves to G and D, but you can stick some sort of other E in there (perhaps E4) and a Daug to liven things up a bit.
And is that a Gm in the middle-8 breakdown? I can see Mr MaCartney nodding his head approvingly there.
Refreshed by our new intimacy, I got this album to learn more.
And somehow, I found my new lover slightly lacking.
Oh yes, technically brilliant. Knows all the tricks. Little bit of Beatles harmony, little bit of exposed emotion but somehow lacking in character.
Something to make The Feeling stand out from the crowd, something original, something to make them my favourite.
But it never quite appeared.
And so the memory remains, but I've moved on. I've returned to my old loves, and a few new flings too.
I've got an ear for a catchy tune myself, you know. I have, I have, even if I say so myself.
But it's never quite been enough.
And I feel that I now understand slightly better why that is.
So my relationship has distracted me, entertained me, and taught me something about myself. And you can't ask for much more than that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Feeling - Singles [2006 - 2011] (Audio CD)
Fantastic album. Full of great songs and arrived promptly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Sept. 2014
Ok for the old hits

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Jan. 2015
Classic

The Feeling - Singles [2006 - 2011]
The Feeling - Singles [2006 - 2011] by The Feeling (Audio CD - 2011)