5.0 out of 5 stars The quintessential 80s teen flick
Published on 22 July 2006 by m.bison

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work in the uk
can you send me a British copy? I can return your American version??? not happy as I can't watch here in Ulster!!!!!
Published 9 months ago by Shane

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The quintessential 80s teen flick, 22 July 2006
m.bison (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I love this film! I first saw it in the early 90s when I was in my early teens and it has stayed with me ever since. For me, this film is the ultimate 80s nostalgia trip; it is the text book example of a 80s teen flick. It's a travesty that when people think of 80s teen films, they immediately think of John Hughes's back catalogue, i.e. The Breakfast Club, Ferris Beullers Day Off etc. How this film got overlooked is beyond me. It has two of the biggest teen idols of the 80s (Corey Haim, Corey Feldman), a wide-eyed teenage Heather Graham, a sleek red Ferrari sports car and the entire film is based on one of the most pressing matters facing any teenager - learning to drive.

I watched this film when I was learning to drive and it's a great film to watch on the nerve-racking night before your driving test.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast delivery, 12 April 2014
excellent film hadn't seen film since the late 80s good to watch again both coreys were good together shame didn't continue there success

5.0 out of 5 stars Defacto 80's Right Of Passage Movie, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: License to Drive [Blu-ray] [1988] [US Import] (Blu-ray)
Every teenage boy needs to watch this movie, if you are from 'The Goonies' or the 'Back to the Future' generation then this is a stock watch. Corey Haim and Feldman at their best, Heather Graham in her teenage years, just to hot for words. All I can say is I want to go to 'Archies'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying for the extras, 30 Sep 2013
Paul R. Sutton "Paul Sutton" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
I know it is more convenient to download films, in fact the first time I saw this was via a download, but on noting that the DVD has a ten-minute additional sequence of the original ending (albeit in vhs quality), and short interviews with the two stars, and a commentary by the director and the writer, I decided it was worth buying the DVD. I'm glad I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic ! ! !, 21 May 2004
jason (England,uk) - See all my reviews
Great film , starring corey haim and corey feldman who's partner ship in films just keeps getting better and better.If u like this check out the lost boys and dream a little dream ,two other classic corey and corey films.This one follows les anderson (corey haim ) who fails his driving test but still steall's his grandfather's car for a date with his dream girl mercadies (heather graham )but everything that could possibly go wrong does as soon as deano (corey feldman)tag's along for the ride.This is a fun,cool,entertaining,funny movie about teenage life and should have a place in your video,dvd collection !

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 July 2014
very well

5.0 out of 5 stars made up, 24 April 2014
Bought this for my son who is an avid Corey Feldman fan, he was very pleased with my gift brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars LICENSE TO DRIVE, 12 Nov 2013
Great film about teenage love and sport car. Great film from the USA. Like so many like this. Great film if you like this sort of thing like myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fav film of the 80's, 26 Jun 2013
A. Pepler "Ali Peps" (KENT, UK) - See all my reviews
Dispatched quickly, watched it several times since having it :O) Corey Haim learning to drive and fails his test, he then steals his Granddad's car for a night out to impress a pretty girl... great adventure without todays special effects spoiling it. :O)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 April 2010
I was a BIG Corey Haim fan in the 80's and loved this film then. After watching it again I still love it. It is great! A fantastic 80's film that is fun and light hearted. It brings back some good memories of a teenage crush, lol.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

License to Drive [Blu-ray] [1988] [US Import]
License to Drive [Blu-ray] [1988] [US Import] by Carol Kane (Blu-ray - 2012)