5.0 out of 5 stars Officejet Printer
I bought this to replace a defunct HP Officejet 8000 which has worked well for the a
last few years.
Really like this one, faster start up than the 8000, faster printing and doesn't seem to go to standby like the 8000 did. Very quiet in operation and good print quality.
Published 12 months ago by M. Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
This printer is good when it works properly
It is fast and prints good images but on occasions instead of picking up one sheet it will feed 2 sometimes 3 which can be extremely annoying. This never happened with the older officejet pro 8000 model which i still prefer over this.
Published 19 months ago by NK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 20 Sep 2012
This printer is good when it works properly
It also doesn't handle any media heavier than paper and cant do any custom paper sizes on a PC, it will only do this from a mac which was quite a surprise as this wasn't advertised clearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Officejet Printer, 26 Mar 2013
M. Roberts (Nottingham GB) - See all my reviews
last few years.
Had it about 1 month now and no problems. Installed easily on XP and 7, haven't used the wireless facility since my work network is all wired.

Update. June 2013.
Its dead!

Sent it back to Amazon for refund. Think I will try another since I still like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad Friendly, 22 Aug 2012
Teardust (Elgin, Moray, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter (Accessory)
This printer was very easy to set up using my laptop and work wireless. It prints quick and the copies are very good. If required it prints double sided no problem. The ink cartridges are bigger than I've had before and assume they'll last longer than I'm used to. The information provided from the printer about its use and how much ink is left is excellent. It's bigger than I anticipated but the horizontal paper tray saves space. My iPad 3 and iPod find the printer wireless and it prints from them no bother. Excellent printer I would say.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Work Horse Printer, 15 July 2013
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter (Accessory)
Now this printer is installed onto wireless network it is fine & working efficiently. Getting it to talk to our network was a nightmare, but we got there in the end, with no thanks to router problems.
Very pleased with speed and print quality.
On the downside, you have to remove the complete paper drawer to fit in envelopes, and when printing just one envelope we find this time consuming.

2.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP TO RUN BUT IT'S NO LASER PRINTER, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter (Accessory)
Advertising boasts that it is as good as a laser but, having owned various laser printers at a similar price, I can report that it is not. It is both slower and print quality is also reduced. I just spent 17 on HP's own 120g matt professional paper and this printer keeps choking on it with paper jam after jam. I see that another reviewer also noted various paper jam problems. Now, this morning the printer also keeps losing connection and still seems to do so after I uninstalled the wifi option and reinstalled with a usb cable. If you need colour, the results are pleasing enough and the high yield carts make it better than others (especially Epson) but if you just want black my advise would be to go for a laser.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and reliable, 1 Nov 2013
R. Marler (Lowestoft UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter (Accessory)
I've specified HP equipment for my work network for sometime as I've always found them easy to connect and reliable, this printer has done nothing to diminish my opinion if HP its fast and so far appears to print its first page even quicker than our previous Officejet pro 8000, the eprint facility is also useful you can email the printer directly via its own email address. This printer also has its own built in web site allowing printer management and viewing of its current status.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding printer not just for office, 17 Jun 2012
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter (Accessory)
I bought this as it did not really cost any more than the "Photosmart" HP printers but wanted something a little more robust at home. It is very well made and well-equipped with separate inks, wifi, intranet and USB connections. It is not quite as good as my previous printer for photos, but I didn't use that capability very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Fast For An Inkjet Printer!, 7 Jun 2012
Sean P. Forde "slackers1" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter (Accessory)
This particular inkjet prints quite fast for an inkjet printer, in fact it could even rival some colour laser printers when it comes to speed. The duplexer is a welcome addition too. The only criticism I have of this printer is its text - it's not truly black but a charcoal colour but it's very sharp and dense, nonetheless - just not as black as a laser printer's text . I own a HP K5400 and its text is much blacker than this new model's. However, graphics and colour documents look superb on this printer. HP recommend using paper with the colorlok logo as this paper suits this type of printer well, as its inks produce better results in combination with this type of paper: darker blacks, faster drying times and richer colours overall. Yes, I do recommend this printer for those looking for a printer that can rival, and even surpass, some entry level colour laser printers in speed, and that can produce better photos and graphics than an entry level colour laser printer...just make sure you feed it with good quality paper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer but wi-fi may need a custom setup, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter (Accessory)
I did a lot of research before purchasing this printer and I have to say I'm very pleased with it.

Things I like:

Its looks, although the brown colour may not please everyone
Low ink cost, the printer comes with separate ink cartridges (x4) and seem to last a long time and are relatively inexpensive to replace
Doesn't take up too much desk space
Print quality
2 sided printing
Paper tray
It's fairly quiet
Web services - including the ability to print via its email address which is pretty cool
Wifi or ethernet capability
Good value (HP currently offer 20 cashback and 3 year warranty on this model)

Things I don't like:

The printer will drop the wifi connection if you have more than one access point with the same SSID name as I have. The only way to overcome this (according to HP) is to have unique SSIDs for each access point or make sure each access point is set up to broadcast on the same channel which is an unusual setup. Alternatively you could just use the wired ethernet connection if you are able to.

I recently experienced a printhead alignment failure but HP were very helpful and responsive and eventually replaced the printer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem Printer, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter (Accessory)
The printer I received printed very well on thin plain paper. It would not pick up and print on photo paper or thin card. I tried more than one type. A long,and expensive, telephone call to the HP help desk did not solve the problem. I received a replacement printer from Amazon but that had the same problem.

If you are thinking of buying this printer beware. It does not do photo paper or thin card.

ARRAY(0xabe88f30)