on 14 August 2013
Although the photo in the advertisement shows 2011 model the item delivered is the 2013 Model (Version 13.01 - 10th Jan 2013).

I have a Vauxhall 2003 2.2 Vectra Elegance. It works perfectly using 'GM' (General Motors) as the manufacturer (it doesn't list Vauxhall but Vauxhall is a part of GM). Make sure that you turn the ignition on!

It reads the Vehicle VIN (Vehicle ID Number), CAL ID (Calibration ID of the software in the vehicle) and CVN (Calibration Verification Number).

Pressing the Help button gives more information about what the codes mean.

You can read everything from the coolant temperature to the road speed and throttle position.

You can delete DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) once you have repaired the fault.

Put 3 AA cells in it and you can look at whatever you have stored.

I found it very easy to use.

The CD which comes with it is interesting - but really, you don't need it.
on 10 August 2012
£40 just to turn the check engine light off!!! yes it doesn't take long to make buying one of these worthwhile.
The unit works well with European cars but the instructions make one believe that it is only for US market.

The diagnostic element of a car's On Board Computer can be accessed and a remedy for a fault found. Mine was a faulty Lambda Probe I had just replaced so I was not expecting to find a fault with a new one but there are always exceptions.

Tip. Check out the SHRTFT reading along with the O2 sensor output. Should fluctuate around 0% and 4.5V respectively. Mine read 4.1V and didn't move much making the OBC richen up the engine til it misfired.

All in all saved a fortune with this, thank you Patrick for your emailed instructions as the CD-rom did not play.
on 2 February 2012
I bought this item to diagnose and clear an engine management light on my 2007 SAAB 95 - Auto dealer wanted around £50.00 just to diagnose the problem - The D900 engine management fault reader/clearer is the business.

It took about 60 secs to run through the procedure and diagnose the fault (something simple thank god) and less time to clear the DTC light. Just brilliant and a must for any auto DIYer.

Remember though it will only diagnose the fault and clear the light. If you want something to give you all of the nitty gritty data like actual air flows and oxygen readings you will need to spend allot more money.
on 7 February 2013
On arrival I used this on 2 x vehicles and the reader worked perfectly, no problem with the product!
However when I loaded the CD Rom and read the manual it says to register your Reader on there website, PROBLEM! No web address for the company and when you go to search you just get the company main website with no customer contact information.
Also the manual speakes of "Upgrades" using a cable with a USB connection PROBLEM! The cable is not supplied though it shows it on the video-explanation of how the scanner is used.
BIGGEST PROBLEM! I contacted the seller via e-mail as requested by Amazon and questioned them on these issues, the responses are to say the least short! Such as "the CD Rom needs to be connected to the USB". Translation please!
I am now on my sixth or seventh e-mail and I have not yet had a full answer to anything I have asked, I have even said that if there should be a USB cable then where is it? These questions just get ignored.
The funny thing is that with the product I received a little note asking for me to score this product 5 stars which I did after using it, I now cannot score it at all on customer service!
on 24 May 2013
Came within time limit set and is very well made and presented in its own zip up case I have used this 6 or 7 times now and have saved my friends houndreds of pounds between them all diagnosing there engines and letting them no what is the problem via the codes that the machine displays and what it tels you bout the codes in its memory oh as in the photo it displays that it is a 2011 model but wen I recived mine it was a 2013 model plus if u purchase a seperate USB lead u can update it wen Eva need be myself iv already recommended this machine to several mates five stars all the way I'd give it 10 stars if I could
on 3 July 2013
I used this scanner on a Vauxhall Corsa under 'Other' due to it not being in the units list and it found the cars make and the problem instantly. It narrowed down the suspected misfire to the cylinder in qestion and made my job easier. Paid for itself already in one use.
on 2 September 2012
I brought this scanner just as a way to save some money and boy does it fit the bill, I plugged it into my 05 Saab 93 TiD and ran a scan it found a fault with a glow plug and reset the dtc.. It also does a live scan measuring air flow, temp etc this normally only found on more expensive models. If your looking for a decent obd scanner then this is a really good item and it comes with a protective case as well. Great value when you get charged £40 at a garage for a diagnostic a must for any home mechanic
on 20 May 2013
Brilliant little scanner. Worked no problem on my X-reg 1.0 Nissan Micra. Found and diagnosed the problem quickly and turned off MIL. Some people say these can be inaccurate however it read the same code as my mechanic friend's very expensive professional diagnostic tool. Well worth the money as if you're going to be charged to read the code - this is less than half the price some garages will charge. Product comes in a smart case with manual on a disc and separate OBDII cable with connector to the actual scanner. I received the 2013 version (orange sticker at the top) which is simply an updated version of the 2011 version shown in the picture. A very versatile product, would buy again.
on 22 July 2013
This scanner is not for any car as advertised,it will not work on French cars,this wouldn't be so bad if they would give a full refund,but the seller has refused to cover the full cost of return postage.There are far cheaper scanners on Amazon that do the same vehicles,the full vehicle list is not available until you load the cd that comes with it,they should make that list available to buyers before they spend their money.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 January 2014
Hyundai are listed as working and I'm sure they do, but not a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe diesel. All diesels sold after 2004 in the EU were supposed to be OBD2/EOBD compliant and I'm sure it's a case of the car being made in 2004 (even thought it was sold early 2005) and therefore NOT being fully compliant. However, my cheap ELM327 scanner with an old copy of Scantool does work. So maybe it was just a faulty tool. Just something to be aware of...