on 22 April 2012
I have had the computer for a few weeks now and I am impressed with it. It starts up much quicker than most other computers I have had. The sound is excellent with the Dolby Home Theater sound. I turn the dolby sound off when I'm using the computer for office work as it would be too loud. The touch screen is really good although I still use the mouse. On setting up I made the mistake of not locating the usb receiver from the mouse and sticking it into the port but setting up was ok using the touch screen. It is a bit annoying that you have to make recovery discs. The discs are supplied (4 altogether) but it takes about 20 minutes to do each disk so 80 minutes in total. Why the recovery discs cannot be supplied is always a puzzle to me. There is a lack of instructions for setting up TV on the computer but I managed to muddle through. There is no instructions for the remote either so I haven't figured out what the qwerty keyboard on the back of the remote is for. I remember when computers came with all the booklets you needed but not any more. However, these issues will not stop me giving the computer five stars. There are games on the computer but I think you have to pay for games other than card games. I'm not a games player so that side of it I can't comment on. I have made music and film discs and that was straight forward as there was some Nero software to help. There is no Microsoft software although there is an offer for Microsoft Office 2010. I would have liked Adobe Photoshop but it wasn't on the computer so I used an old version I had. I did have a software program called Live Pix, which unfortunately did not work with the 64 bit. Live Pix isn't made anymore so I wasn't able to get an updated version. I have had several programs open at once and the speed wasn't affected. The keyboard and mouse are very good. The screen is nice and big. I didn't have a problem copying over my files as I put them on a memory stick, but I linked up with my laptop to share files and that was easy enough to do. The computer does everything it says it can do so I have given it 5 stars but I'm sorry I can't help the gamers with a comment as I don't do games. However with the brilliant sound system I am sure it will be good.
I paid a bit extra to get the computer from Amazon as they are very good if problems arise.
on 16 January 2013
obsolete rubbish, I have wasted £791 that I could ill afford,I only bought this pc because it was £5oo cheaper than the apple that I really wanted,I will be lucky if it lasts one year,one learns by ones mistakes...