5.0 out of 5 stars A great follow up
American Anthems 2 is a great follow up compilation. The box features three CDs. 58 tracks are included of these iconic American artists and groups to establish in the music scene. The music spans at least two decades (70's and 80's)

Published on 15 Nov. 2011 by Mr. P. Datta

3.0 out of 5 stars driving songs
this cd is ok a bit of a pain as there's only a couple of songs on each cd you like so you have to keep changing them but still good quality.
Published on 22 Jun. 2013 by mr terry stubbs

5.0 out of 5 stars A great follow up, 15 Nov. 2011
Mr. P. Datta "Pritthijit" (Stockton on Tees, Teesside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Anthems Ii (Audio CD)

First disc- Toto-Africa, Tina Turner- We do need another hero, Whitesnake- Here I go again, Hall & Oates- I can't go for thatn;, Fleetwod Mac- Everywhere and 14 more tracks

Second disc- Reo Speedwagon- Can't fight the feeling, Huey Lewis & The News- Stuck with you, Chicago- If you leave me know, Cyndi Lauper- Time after time, Mr Mister- Kyrie and 14 more tracks

Third disc- Cher- If I could Turn Back time, Starship- Nothing gonna stop us now, Roy Orbison- I drove all night, Meat Loaf- Two out of three ain't bad, Kiss- Crazy Crazy nights and 15 more tracks

I have listed 5 tracks of each disc. These songs stand out the most with me as memorable American Anthems. I fondly remembering listening to the tracks during my childhood. The calibre of artists and group speaks for themselves and you know what to expect. The wide choice of tracks offered is unique, as there are many tracks that I have not listened to and I really enjoy listening to the tracks. Full credit must be given for offering variety. The British music scene during the 70's and 80's decade was saturated as some American bands and groups made in-roads in the scene. Unfortunately not all artists and groups received recognition in UK. There was far too much competition. It is nice to listen and appreciate the music scene of America, as it really boosted some quality and nostalgic tracks. The idea of releasing a follow up is justified as there are so many tracks I have not listned to. American Anthems offers an excellent choice of tracks to listen timelessly. I am impressed with the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER OUTSTANDING SET OF ROCK SONGS., 29 Nov. 2011
This review is from: American Anthems Ii (Audio CD)
a great follow up album to the wonderful American Anthems offering ,i don't buy many cd's these days ,but i came across these 2 albums the other day and ordered both of them immediatly. recongized most of the tracks and so many of them make you sit up and take notice ,when they get played on the radio .fair play the yanks have created some great rock music and you won't get much better than these albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'ROCK ON', 24 Feb. 2013
rbmusicman/and/movie-fan' (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: American Anthems Ii (Audio CD)
the first 'anthems' was without doubt 'wall to wall' non-stop pleasure, this maybe,
not quite it's equall, nevertheless it's again a bundle of foot-tapping material, and
has much to admire.
with songs from 'tina turner' 'fleetwood mac' 'survivor' 'kid rock' 'foreigner'
'paul simon' 'carly simon' 'roy orbison' 'chicago' 'cher' 'belinda carlisle' 'meatloaf'
and 'boston' to pluck just a few names from the track-list, it's plain to see the compilation
again has pedigree.
must admit when released back in the early to mid seventies every time a 'juke box' was
available i played 'a horse with no name' -'america'-pretty often, love the 'orbison'
version of 'i drove all night' and of course the classic 'meatloaf' track-'two out of three
ain't bad'
just one or two of my favourites on board.
i'm pretty sure this collection will keep growing, there is an awful lot more material to choose
from.
even though it's a little short of the splendour of the first edition it's still pretty 'damn'
good....well worth adding to yer' ever growing collection...........enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the 1st one, 19 Nov. 2011
Beanie Luck (Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: American Anthems Ii (Audio CD)
The 3 discs contain a much better song selection that version 1 of this series.

Disc 3 is my favourite i have to say, there isn't a song on there i dont like, and finishing a cd with princes purple rain is class, i replayed it about 5 times.

I have been happily singing away all night whilst wrapping Christmas presents, one of which this was supposed to be, but i decided to nick it for myself.

Ooops :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocking!, 18 Dec. 2011
Matthew (Good old England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Anthems Ii (Audio CD)
What can I say about this album apart from ''BRILLIANT''

The 70's, 80's and early 90's tracks on this album just blow you away. Take this cd, go for a drive and let it take you back!

5.0 out of 5 stars American Anthems, 1 Jan. 2012
Mrs. Ann Tomlinson (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Anthems Ii (Audio CD)
Bought as a Christmas present for my partner. We both love it and are rocking along in the car every time we go out. This has some really good forever hits on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing, 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: American Anthems II (MP3 Download)
I can't say much more than to copy the review I wrote for American Anthems All Time Classics as it all applies to this album as well:

Very rarely can I buy a compilation album where I don't want to skip at least one in every two or three songs. On a recent long car journey this played pretty much straight through and I think I only ended up skipping 2 or 3 songs at most. Mostly because they're not my taste, but I know why they were included and others would like them. This whole series of albums has done well in choosing songs that defined those eras. No scraping the bottom of the barrel here!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as the first album!, 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: American Anthems Ii (Audio CD)
Having purchased the first American Anthems album (which I loved) I decided to buy this follow up one too. As with the first, there are quite a few songs that I know & have previously heard parts of but I wasn't aware of the songs title or artists names etc. Overall it's a decent enough album but I felt that it's not quite as good as the first American Anthems album. Some of the songs on here were a let down & it's as if they were struggling to find decent songs so they just added any one onto it. It's good but the not as good as the original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD!, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: American Anthems Ii (Audio CD)
Prompt delivery and the CD has all of the music I expected. A great selection of music that you will enjoy listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Number two as good as first, 13 Sept. 2013
This review is from: American Anthems Ii (Audio CD)
I think the 2nd one is as good as the 1st, if not better. Brilliant music, whens number 3 coming out.

American Anthems II