If you're reading this because you're looking for a case, this is the wrong product for you. If you're reading this because you're looking for a decoration for your Kindle that will also help to protect it from fine scratches, then this is a well-made, well-fitting product.

IMO, it's really unfortunate that 'skin' is used to describe both decals and some forms of close-fitting cases for electronics goods, because this creates real confusion. Which isn't diminished by descriptions of vinyl decals as providing some protection for your device.

To do the skins justice, they DO provide a small amount of protection for your Kindle but only from minor cosmetic damage to the outside (NOT including the screen). The skins are narrow enough that they do not affect the Kindle's ability to fit inside a case - even the form-fitting Amazon leather covers.

The Kindle touch decals come in several parts, so there are no covered over joins on the device surface where the stickers would be vulnerable to damage. The stickers are fairly easy to apply - thanks to the near-buttonless front of the Kindle Touch, there's far less fiddling about than on skins designed for other models. However, should you need to take a couple of goes at applying any of the stickers, repositioning is easy thanks to the good quality of the thick vinyl: leaves no residue and can be done repeatedly without affecting sticking power.

The matte satin finish of the stickers means that the decals are not dull, but also don't add glare to your reading experience under bright sunlight/electric light, and as a bonus, there's no more wiping fingerprint marks off the edges of your Kindle. The library design is very appealing, with a sort of quirky Harry Potter-esque vibe to it.

Attractive and well-made though these are, they aren't cheap. But they are good quality, make my Kindle more attractive, prevent the edges from becoming covers in fingerprints (which show up more on the glossy pastic of the Kindle's frame than they do on the touchscreen itself) and work in tandem with a case and screen protector to keep the Kindle in pristine condition.
on 3 May 2012
I bought this after I discovered my leather case had left ugly black marks on the back of my kindle. I knew it was just "pretty" stickers but they work so well in making the kindle stand out and look cool and individual.

The only things you should pause over is price and if you want to protect the screen.

If you want to make it look cool and protect the back this product is well worth it.
on 17 September 2012
This product was very easy to apply and looks great, I like the bookish feel it has to it.
This is purely for decoration though, don't buy if you are looking for a protective cover.
on 5 July 2012
I was hesitant buying this item only because of the cost for what are essentially stickers when I bought a great looking case for half the price. I have to say though this skin does brighten up my day and my Kindle touch no end, making it less drab and more Harry Potterish. I'm amazed at how many skins there are out there. This particular skin looks cool and I'm pleased it only took me 5 minutes to apply all the stickers without any problems. It still fits within my case as the skin is only a thin film. As I'm a middle age male it would nice if the product was called something other than "DecalGirl" as many of these skins are universal, but heyho there we go! Overall a decent innovative product if a little on the expensive side and I've taken one star off because of this.
on 6 June 2012
The library effect was nice but the product wasn't really what I was expecting. I thought it would be more like a cover than a sticker. I bought a kindle cover as a gift and that was nicer.