4.0 out of 5 stars These ARE just a set of stickers
If you're reading this because you're looking for a case, this is the wrong product for you. If you're reading this because you're looking for a decoration for your Kindle that will also help to protect it from fine scratches, then this is a well-made, well-fitting product.

Published on 18 Mar 2012 by Seren Ade

3.0 out of 5 stars HUH.
For what you get, It is way too expensive for what is basically a set of stickers! Not what I expected at all, HOWEVER , It does give the kindle a very pretty look, though I doubt it does much in way of protection. It is only really very aesthetically pleasing. I like the way my kindle looks with the blossom trees.
Published on 31 Jan 2012 by Charlie1991

4.0 out of 5 stars These ARE just a set of stickers, 18 Mar 2012
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

IMO, it's really unfortunate that 'skin' is used to describe both decals and some forms of close-fitting cases for electronics goods, because this creates real confusion. Which isn't diminished by descriptions of vinyl decals as providing some protection for your device.

To do the skins justice, they DO provide a small amount of protection for your Kindle but only from minor cosmetic damage to the outside (NOT including the screen). The skins are narrow enough that they do not affect the Kindle's ability to fit inside a case - even the form-fitting Amazon leather covers.

The Kindle 4 decals come in several parts, so there are no covered over joins on the device surface where the stickers would be vulnerable to damage. Most of the stickers are fairly easy to apply - as long as you go slowly and carefully, they transfer easily and air bubbles are not hard to avoid/smooth out. I found trickiest of the pieces to be the one for the front of the Kindle - where, even with the button cutouts to help, it took me a bit of fiddling to ensure that it was evenly spaced. Thanks to the good quality of the thick vinyl, repositioning is easy: leaves no residue and can be done repeatedly without affecting sticking power. I've got the library set on my Kindle, and my mum asked me to get this set for hers.

The matte satin finish of the stickers means that the decals are not dull, but also don't add glare to your reading experience under bright sunlight/electric light, and as a bonus, there's no more wiping fingerprint marks off the edges of your Kindle. The blossoming almond tree design is a good quality reproduction of the Van Gogh image, with the painter's style clearly recognisable.

Attractive and well-made though these are, they aren't cheap. But they are good quality, make a Kindle more attractive, prevent the edges from becoming covered in fingerprints and work in tandem with a case and screen protector to keep the Kindle in pristine condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique and lovely., 20 Jan 2012
I bought this to cover my kindle so it didn't get scratched when I took it out of my holder when I read it.

It arrived and I decided to put it on my kindle straight away. This turned out to be a little difficult as I had acrylic nails on so positioning it was a little tricky but nevertheless I got it positioned correctly eventually.

The sticker gives a lovely smooth finish to the kindle and doesn't affect the glare at all. It has a lovely smooth feel and I just love the brightness and quirkiness of the pattern. It's nice and colourful and has given my kindle a lovely little touch. The only thing I would say is although it is brilliant quality and a lovely pattern and colour I do think it is overpriced as it is basically just a sticker to cover your kindle. If it had been a little cheaper it would have been 5 stars.

Overall it would be a good little buy if you have marks to cover on your kindle or if you're just looking to spruce it up a little bit and don't mind spending the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars It IS just a sticker set, 10 Mar 2012
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

The Kindle 4 decals come in several parts, so there are no covered over joins on the device surface where the stickers would be vulnerable to damage. Most of the stickers are fairly easy to apply - they transfer easily and air bubbles are not hard to avoid/smooth out. I found trickiest of the pieces to be the one for the front of the Kindle - where, even with the button cutouts to help, it took me a bit of fiddling to ensure that it was evenly spaced. Thanks to the good quality of the thick vinyl, repositioning is easy: leaves no residue and can be done repeatedly without affecting sticking power.

The matte satin finish of the stickers means that the decals are not dull, but also don't add glare to your reading experience under bright sunlight/electric light, and as a bonus, there's no more wiping fingerprint marks off the edges of your Kindle. The library design is very appealing, with a sort of quirky Harry Potter-esque vibe to it.

Attractive and well-made though these are, they aren't cheap. But they are good quality, make my Kindle more attractive, prevent the edges from becoming covers in fingerprints and work in tandem with a case and screen protector to keep the Kindle in pristine condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars kindle skin, 14 Jan 2012
When I first opened the packet, I thought that it was quite expensive for what it was. However now it is fitted, I love the way it has made my kindle look at it feels nice to hold too. I do think it is perhaps over priced but hopefully it will last for years and help protect the kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars NICEY BUT PRICEY, 24 Jan 2012
Absolutely love the vibrant purple and turquoise kindle skin. You do need a steady hand to fit the front, but not that tricky.
For all that money I would have expected a screen protector thrown in. All the same I would buy another if required,
just because I like the design and colours.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle skin, 4 Jan 2012
Like this product a lot. Easy to apply, and very good end result. Doesn't overly bulk up the Kindle, so that's a definite plus. On the down side, it doesn't come with a screen protector as a lot of the more traditional covers do, and the skin doesn't cover the corners or edges, so they can still get scratched. A lot of money for what you get, but it looks totally brilliant! 6 out of ten for value for money and protection, but 9 out of ten for look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bespoke design, 9 Feb 2012
Bespoke design, smart but not boring or plain, original (not in a tacky/ slap-dash way). Makes the kindle look 10x better. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars decalgirl kindle skin -moon tree, 28 Jan 2012
I wanted somthing to make my kindle different from the rest of the familys, i looked on amazon and found these kindle skins, got one, i must confess my teenage son put it on for me, the result is a cool looking kindle, easily identifiable as mine ,and personal to me, i am really pleased with the product, exactly as it looked on the website,and made from a good quality vinyl, would recomend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 16 Jan 2012
I was very pleased to see these skins become available AT LAST for the new Kindle. I had one for my old Kindle Keyboard and loved it. This one is no different - the print is good quality, the colours are clear and bright and, with a little patience, it's a good fit. I think 17.99 may be a little pricey for what it is and for that reason I knocked off a star, giving it 4 stars out of 5. It's NOT a protective cover - the product description definitely states that it is a sticker so if you are looking for some protection for your Kindle this is not the product for you. The skin is very lightweight and bulk free however, so you could also buy a sleeve which would offer more protection. Some may question why buy both - what can I say, I just like my gadgets to look pretty!

5.0 out of 5 stars kindle skin, 11 Jan 2012
after getting 2 kindle's for christmas and my fiance grabbing the spare one i decided to customise mine.
i ordered this skin and it arrived in a few days ( i went for free delivery)
it came with basic instructions. comes in 5 parts.
i started with the smallest part 1st (rear of cover, at foot) to get an idea how well it fitted.
be careful not to peel the paper backing away with the decal, this depends how well it has been kisscut.
don't stretch the decal as you hold it over the case.
all 5 parts fitted nice and tight to the edges.
i also have a OCTOVO Solis e-reader Led Light for Kindle which pushes onto the top. i was concerned that this might damage the skin but as yet there are no creases or tears on the skin.
overall i am very please with this skin.
now my fiance wants one for her kindle.

ARRAY(0xa7cac558)