4.0 out of 5 stars Unique and lovely.
I bought this to cover my kindle so it didn't get scratched when I took it out of my holder when I read it.

It arrived and I decided to put it on my kindle straight away. This turned out to be a little difficult as I had acrylic nails on so positioning it was a little tricky but nevertheless I got it positioned correctly eventually.

The sticker gives...
Published on 20 Jan 2012 by Kathryn A

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good
I was disappointed in this as I expected a shell cover for my kindle ( similar to the iPhone covers)

Published on 19 Feb 2012 by Marquise of Caribas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique and lovely., 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: DecalGirl Kindle Skin - Doodle Color [will only fit Kindle (5th Generation)] (Accessory)

The sticker gives a lovely smooth finish to the kindle and doesn't affect the glare at all. It has a lovely smooth feel and I just love the brightness and quirkiness of the pattern. It's nice and colourful and has given my kindle a lovely little touch. The only thing I would say is although it is brilliant quality and a lovely pattern and colour I do think it is overpriced as it is basically just a sticker to cover your kindle. If it had been a little cheaper it would have been 5 stars.

Overall it would be a good little buy if you have marks to cover on your kindle or if you're just looking to spruce it up a little bit and don't mind spending the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky & Fun, 17 Mar 2012
I recently purchased a Kindle and rather to my surprise fell totally in love with it. I had intended waiting until some more 'interesting' looking versions became available - but then I came across the DecalGirl Kindle Skin.
It hugs the Kindle and if you didn't know, you'd never guess it was a cover you'd applied yourself. The price does seem very expensive - though this is far more than just a sticker. It peels off the backing easily, amazingly it doesn't runkle up, and it is surprisingly easy to smooth gently in to position. Time will tell if it stays in place! If it stands up to reasonable wear and tear I'll say this is a truly excellent buy - if it starts to peel off, it will be a good looking, but expensive disappointment. I also feel that £17-99 is pushing the boundaries of what's reasonable for this it item. As things are right now, I love it. I'm off to South Africa for a month, so my Kindle will be in and out of my hand luggage,so that should well and truly put it to the test. I hope it emerges as smart and cheerful looking at the end of it all as it does now

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive and Unique!!! :), 18 Jan 2012
I accidentally dropped my new kindle while using it, and the worst possible thing happened..... I scratched it. I started looking for a skin to cover it, as I already have a case, but i don't use the case when I'm reading on it, just to store it. I came across this, I was unsure to start with, i didn't really know how it would feel or look. But I am so impressed with it, I'm buying a few more. It's exceptional and I've had loads of compliments on it. Well, I do read it everywhere, so people do tend to see it. I absolutely love the design, its really funky. I wish I had a matching macbook skin in the same design. I was wary about the cost, but it is well worth the money. There are cheaper skins on the net, but they are not such good quality, and I would highly recommend it. Who wouldn't want to make they're kindle unique and more their own. This skin rules as far as kindle accessories go. It really is one of the best products I've bought off of Amazon lately.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 19 Feb 2012

I had a v similar iPhone shell for £5 however this product for kindle was £18 and was literally just a sticker or decal. I may have been naive given the title of the product but bear in mind you can buy something very similar looking which is actually a better product as it provides protection for the iPhone -for 30% of the price.

I kept mine it makes the kindle identifiable but it is not what I expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and easy to use, 8 Jun 2013
When I first saw the product and realised it was a peel-off, stick-on item, I winced. Not sure how else I imagined it would work but there you are! My experience with these things is that they're a pain to apply and they wrinkle and twist in action so I was very pleased by how easily this went on and how well it lined up with the buttons and features of the Kindle. It's obviously been carefully designed.

I thought the Kindle skins were expensive for what they are but it certainly brightens up the plain grey plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love it!, 29 April 2012
To those reviewers who say it is just a expensive sticker, well okay yes it is. But what a sticker!!
It is sort of a vinyl heavy duty non-tear material, it goes on really easily, you can stretch it out and smooth it down really easily.Personally I prefer it to a kindle case which would make my kindle too bulky.
The only problem I had was choosing the design, there were so many funny/witty/retro/dreamy and just gorgeous designs to choose from.
I ended up with the doodle colour and it makes my kindle looks really individual and idiosyncratic and COOL.

As for the cost, you can't put a price on being a style queen can you?

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes It's a sticker but....., 22 April 2012
Yes this is a sticker, as it states in the listing and video (showing how to put it on) but I personally think it is worth the the £18 price tag.
I have a normal zip case but find other plastic "skins" or book type covers make the kindle bulky and hard to hold when reading for longer periods, so I wanted something to prevent my kindle from being scratched without bulking it up and this doodle colour "skin" is PERFECT!!
I love it and I love my kindle....
'nuff said!!!!!

Kindle, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

Flash Superstore Hot Pink Water Resistant Neoprene Soft Zip Case/Cover suitable for Amazon Kindle 4 2011 6 Inch E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Skin, 28 Oct 2013
I am a sucker for these skins - love changing them on my kindle regularly so it feels like I am reading a different book with a different cover! If you're careful & keep the backing sheets, you can remove these skins & reuse them! Got about 6 now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 2 May 2012
I did think this was expensive, but bought it anyway as i thought my kindle needed a little something....
I wasn't disappointed, i LOVE it, my kindle looks so cool now. It is expensive for what is really just some stickers, but worth it :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 years on..., 22 Jan 2014
Still going strong! It might be an expensive sticker, but it's a long-lasting one and has saved my kindle from a few scratches, so I'm happy!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›