Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 December 2011
Another fab release from the 100 Hits people....this five CD set contains numerous well known tracks; some good hits and also a few 'never heard before' numbers, but otherall this truly is classic 80's!

Its also great to finally see some major 80's stars making their first 100 Hits appearance - Erasure, Kim Wilde (finally!), Sheena Easton and Dusty Springfield - with some fine hits to boot.

Depending on your age, this is either a wonderful flashback to a funner time, or a wonderful introduction to music from the (now classic) era, the 1980's.
on 24 September 2013
This has so many hits and the number of CDs is excellent for the price. There are a few songs on the album that I have not heard before and some naff ones in the mix (my personal opinion), but all in all a good cd to sing a long to.
on 21 May 2014
LOADS OF OLD FAVOURITES, TAKES YOU RIGHT BACK IN TIME. IT WOULD BE A GOOD ONE FOR THE CAR AS WELL. I AM DEFINITELY AN 80'S CHICK - LOVE IT
on 2 July 2014
Excellent item. Really brought back the memories of younger days. The problem with a lot of these box-sets is you don't always get the original artists and track from the time. But i can honestly say, hand on heart that these are original tracks and all original artists as they were recorded back in the day. I collect these '100 hits' box-sets and if you are thinking of buying you won't find better for the price.
on 25 April 2015
I use these CD's on my "Pirate Radio Show" on www.qahospitalradio. Tuesday from 14.00 UK time, and Thursday from 16.00 UK time, In fact, I use all of the 70's box sets from Amazon as well. The first hour is Laser 558 in the 80's, then Radio Caroline in the 70's, and lastly, Radio London BIG L. ALL of the CD's from Amazon, are fantastic. "Pirate Radio Dave Aspen"
on 22 January 2014
There is a very good mix of hits from the 80s covering most genres spanning the whole decade. Unlike some compilations 90 percent of the tracks were well known to me. With just 20 or so tracks not to my liking, I think 70 + great tracks (in my opinion) for the price is fantastic value for money.
on 23 March 2014
Bringing back the hits of the 80's of when dance music was still dance music and you could sing along to the words. Remembering the keep-fit days of dance - an hour of this and you won't have to go to the gym. Just put the disc on and away you go.
on 6 January 2012
I am a big fan of the 100 hits CDs and have a number of the previous 100 Hits 80s collections but this one has quickly become my favourite. The 5 CDs are populated with tracks divided between "killer" and "filler" (on this set I would argue there is more "killer" than "filler" but I suppose that depends on your musical taste !).
So, you get everything from Feargal Sharkey, Duran Duran, Kim Wilde, OMD and Heart, to Cliff (!!) Richard, Living In A Box, Mel & Kim, Sheena Easton, Cutting Crew and UB40.
All in all then, a really good variety of 80s musical stylings (you even get the dreadul "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora on CD2 - what more could anyone want ?) and an excellent cross section of 80s hits (and some misses, as is usual on these collections).As ever, for the price for 5 CDs of music, can you really go wrong ?
on 16 January 2013
Arrived quickly and all CD's work perfectly. Some good nostalgic tracks to bring back the memories and quite a few I had never heard of - or maybe just chose not to as some are pretty obscure. Overall very good listening though.
on 1 May 2014
This is great value for money, a great mix. There are on or two tracks I'm not keen on but the other 98 tracks make up for it. Well worth getting if you love the 80's music.