on 22 April 2012
This was bought for our son as a gift. Set up was fairly easy, however there were minor problems. The instructions suggest you hang the poster first with low tack tape and then remove the tape after assembly. The poster will not stay in contact with the wall without some additional adhesive, we used blu-tack. The instructions also state you should not use the toy on wallpaper, presumably because the tape will damage the paper when removed. Well the same applies emulsion paint. How many children's bedroom walls are not either wallpapered or painted? So be careful where you site this toy as you may have problems if you want to move it.

Play with the toy may seem a little limited to an adult. You launch cars around the track and they go round and round and if there's more than one car then they may crash in mid air. Sometimes the cars may crash or fly off on their own. All of which may seem limited, but our six year old loves it.

You can expand the set and improve the play value with other wall tracks sets and after one day our son has already asked us to add some of these to his birthday list. However the connectors on this set do not match the standard connectors found on HotWheels track so it's difficult (but not impossible) to expand the set with your existing track.

One of the big selling points of Wall Tracks is that they don't require floor space. It might sound obvious, but you need to make sure you have enough wall space, particularly if you want to expand the set. In order to expand this set we are going to have to move some furniture around.

Oh and finally make sure you order batteries at the same time, they are the large D size and most people don't have any of those lying around.
on 26 December 2012
Ordered when on offer to spread the cost of Xmas but very disappointed 5 year old when the booster did not work once opened on Xmas day. Bit of research shows that this is a common problem, pressing the safety button does not spring it into life either. Passed the 30 day return limit so unfortunately cannot replace. All in all I would stay clear, especially at full price, and look at some of the alternative sets.
on 10 July 2012
this is ideal for a home that has run out of play space. My grandaughter has this on the wall over her bunk bed.......ideal!!!
VINE VOICEon 23 June 2012
I had read some reviews on other sites about problems with getting the motors to work, but the key is read the instructions. There is a safety button on the back of the motorised section that you need to press for it to work. I had also read that it was only compatible with certain hotwheels care because of the weights but it seems to work for all the ones we have tested it on.

I have used the command strips before and the problem is that they have a wall side - and a non wall side and it is important to make sure you put the right side on the wall for it not to damage the paint. I let my children put on the strips which was a bad idea. So I expect I will have to do some re-painting! You also need to supervise the setup as the instructions are not child friendly.

It does have limited interest but the laughs and giggles are great when they start playing. I don't know how long before they will get bored but this is the same with many toys. It is the imagination value that is important. How much can you do with a hotwheel car anyway?
on 31 December 2012
I don't like giving negative reviews, but this has gone back, and will not be replaced like for like. It wouldn't stay on the wall when the motor switched on, and then the motor failed - Ok, it stuck to the wall at this stage, but it was a just that bit too late!!! Fail, and return!
on 12 March 2013
I bought this as a gift for Christmas and i'm really unhappy with the Battery length, we put Brand New Batteries in it on Christmast Morning and within 4 or 5 goes it stopped!
Costly gift, not been used since, just stuck on the wall...
on 19 July 2012
My 5 year old recieved this as a Christmas present. The product is well presented and sells itself to a little boys imagination immediately. It does require an adult to assemble and yes, a certain amount of wall space but, well worth it.
My only gripe would be the Car included with the set can not complete the circuit of the track!!! This is most definaetly a design fault, and i have contacted the manufactuer about this.
But, with that said, if you have other hot-wheels cars on hand, it's great fun. Not all models work with this set, due to variants such as size and weight.ENJOY!!!
on 16 January 2013
i have bought this for my son he loved it its really good and stayes on the wall well my son thinks it was brill
on 19 September 2012
Great toy with difference for car fans. A hit for my 4 and 6 years olds.
Space-saver, not need place on the floor (till they do not request extention tracks).
Tricky to stack on the wall, tape may come out, depends on your walls surface.
We had no problems, as we not think twice to put extra nail to keep things on place :)
on 6 August 2012
Waste of money! received as a gift for my sons birthday, it wouldnt stay on the wall, fell apart easily and then to top it off when we tried to remove it, it took the paint with it! really dissapointed little boy :-(