4.0 out of 5 stars First wireless headphones I'be owned - quite impressed
I bought these to replace the ultimate ears wired headphones as although they sound great, the lead failed twice and the replacement cost 20. Also, the wired output on my iPhone 3GS occasionally brakes up and is distorted, which doesn't happen over Bluetooth, so I thought I'd take a look at the wireless headphones.

These and a Jarba set had positive reviews,...
Published on 17 April 2012 by Mr J Crankie

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if they stayed in
Published on 30 Mar 2012 by Andrew Swallow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars First wireless headphones I'be owned - quite impressed, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Novero Rockaway Bluetooth Earphones - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

These and a Jarba set had positive reviews, but the Jarba set in question were brightly coloured and sporty looking, so probably not so good if you spend most of the week in shirt and tie, so I went for these.

Pros:
Setup easy
Sound quality good (when the earbuds fit)
Good looking
Not had a problem with battery life
Stay in my ears Ok
Hidden electronics

Cons:
Earbuds hard to getting fit right - the rubber material picks up dust, and the doesn't easily make a seal (my ultimate ears buds didn't have this problem). This is important as...
...The volume could do with being a bit higher,but is reasonable if you can get the watched to seal on your ears.
With my phone, I'm getting quality sound, but 2 or 3 times, i have had small gaps in sound while walking - seems to be cured by adjusting the phone's position slightly in my pocket.
Control position slightly too high on the chord.
Cable slightly too "grippy"

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 3 July 2012
I'm delighted with my Rockaways. I've had them for a couple of months now and can hardly fault them.

As they're bluetooth, I wasn't expecting amazing audio quality. After seeing a decent review on them I took the plunge and can say I'm very happy with the sound reproduction.

Battery life is very good (my iPhone will run out of juice first!). Pairing is easy. Call quality is also pretty good.

I did find the right ear piece dropped out occasionally when running. I contacted the manufacturer to see if they had a clip or accessory of some sort to help. They recommended the Comply T500 foam tips, which have worked a treat. No more falling out and really comfortable!

I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply perfect., 30 May 2012
In order to keep my review brief I'll get right to the point.
This is an excellent bluetooth headset and well worth the price. The built quality is great and the whole set is really sturdy.
The sound quality is great, maybe not top notch considering the price, but it still is really clear, loud, with good bass and satisfying.

I read in some reviews that the sound was very quiet. Well that's because the volume on the set is different than the one on your phone. If you max out the volume on your phone, you can still raise the volume much higher than that on your headset.
Battery life is also great, charges quite fast and can keep up to 6 hours of continuous playback.

The only issue could be getting the perfect fit in your ears. If you had trouble before with in-ear earphones in the past, you'll definitely have trouble with those, so you should by a pair of foam earbuds replacements along with this. The medium size stock buds fit my ears perfectly though and the noise cancelling is great.
This is a great set and i highly recommend it, as long as your ears are "in-ear" friendly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if they stayed in, 30 Mar 2012
I use some excellent BT over the earphones when exercising but they are too bulky for walking around outside, and I was sick of the wired ones getting tangled up and being in the way, particularly when I want to take photos with my iPhone, so these looked to be exactly what I wanted. They paired easily and have an ok sound, but have a major problem that renders them unusable to me. Due to the weight and size of each earpiece (understandable as they have to fit the electronics and battery inside them) and the stiffness of,the connecting wire, I only have to take four or five steps and they fall out of my ears. I've tried every different size of bud that comes with them but sadly that made no difference. It's worth noting that I've never had a problem with any other earbuds falling out or becoming uncomfortable. Eventually, after pushing them back in so often, my left ear became painful and I couldn't wear any earphones for the rest of the day. I've gone back to my wired ones now and will keep looking. Great idea, just no good in practice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good. They just fall out., 5 Jan 2012
Carl Barrett (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Got these the other day, really like them, the sound quality is really good, phone calls are really good quality on them too.

I put my phone at the front door, walked half way down the garden till they stopped working.

Only fault is, they always fall out! I wish they had a ear loop on them, then I'd be able to gym with them. But if you plan on using them in a stationary environment, like at a workstation, or slouched into the corner of your sofa with the ipad, they'll be a really good investment :)

I plan on using mine for when I'm walking and working on PC :)

3.0 out of 5 stars I so wanted to love these earphones... but they fall out all the time, 31 Dec 2011
Kieran Madden - See all my reviews
I did a lot of research before buying these. Having had trouble with similarly designed wired Sony earphones in the past, I was hesitant about buying a pair that didn't have ear loops. But since the competition all look like hearing aids or have solid head bands, and since I was so impressed by the fact that you can hardly tell where the electronics & battery go, I went for the Rockaways.

And they are almost every bit as great as the other reviewers here say. The sound quality compares well with cabled earphones (perhaps not audiophile grade but as good as I think it's possible to achieve over Bluetooth); they're simple to pair and use; Siri works with them; the call quality is acceptable (if metallic - even Siri sounds even more like a robot than normal).

Unfortunately, they keep falling out of my ears. I spent ages trying out each of the 4 different sizes again and again but couldn't get them to stay in place for more than a few seconds. Well, actually, I could - but only if I pushed them in really hard and didn't move my head. Moving my head, aspecially turning it left and right, makes them come lose almost immediately. This is incredibly annoying as the whole point in having these was so that I could do stuff around the house while listening to music and podcasts without getting caught up in cables - so I need to be able to be active while wearing them.

As said, I had a simiar problem with some Sonys I had years ago, but even they didn't fall out as quickly. Unfortunately the extra few grams that these earphones weigh, coupled with the thick, tough and less flexible cable, exacerbates this problem.

Maybe it's just the shape of my ear holes - perhaps they're not round enough, or something. If you've worn earphones with similar rubber ends before and had no problems with them, then you'll probably be fine with them. If you've never worn similar earphones before, give them a try. If, however, you have had problems then don't bother trying these.

For such an otherwise excellent product this is such a shame; especially since a simple wire earloop would easily solve this problem. I hope Novero add one onto the next version.

5.0 out of 5 stars great (esp now that they include comply ear buds), 15 Oct 2012
I've been using these extensively for the last two months - I've waited a while before proffering this review.

It was bought primarily for running and commuting. I was fed up of my ~50 philips wired earphones from getting tangled and twisted as I ran.

At first I thought that I had bought a very pretty and well engineered dud. The Novero ear buds provided an inadequate hold for running - every 20 - thirty steps they had to be fiddled with - very very annoying. I have previously not had problems with 'in ear' earphones.

Fortunately Novero now include a pair of comply 500 earbuds - these are memory foam type things that expand to create a really good seal in your ear canal - sound quality is improved and I've gone for 10-12 mile runs requiring no fiddling at all.

Running with wireless earphones (that fit) is a revelation - you forget that you are wearing anything at all and can feel as if the music is in the ambient environment.

It links to my galaxy nexus phone, nexus 7 tablet and laptop easily.

Voice commands for android work brilliantly, voice calling, voice controlled sat nav, track skipping and vol control all work flawlessly.

Sound quality is not nearly as good as my previous wired earphones but still far superior to your average 10-15 set and way way better than the free earphones that come with ipods etc.

Battery life is good - I get ~ 6-7 hours at highish volume. It charges very quickly. I think I would take a backup wired pair if going on holiday.

If you are usually ok with 'in ear' ear phones then this set with the comply ear buds should do the job.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware Novero Support - or lack of!, 1 Nov 2013
I have to admit that I loved this headset to start with, mostly reliable, although there were occasional dropouts when listening to audio books while out walking. Decent audio range and good battery life. The headset failed after 7 months and multiple attempts to exchange through Novero under manufacturer's warranty have proven a complete waste of time. Amazon only accept returns within 30 days so I'm going to have to write these off and will never purchase another Novero product again. I'll be going for the Jaybird Bluebuds X next time.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 3 July 2013
ok. buds are quite big, but it's amazing how it all fits into such a small package.
micro phone ok for business

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke quickly, 8 April 2013
DON'T GET THESE - THEY WILL BE A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT TO YOU IF YOU DO.

They worked fine for about a Month - but one day I tried using them and one of the Earphones didn't work. And I forgot to mention that they didn't fit in my ears properly either, even if I tried using several tips which made them discomforting to use anyway.

TL;DR DON'T GET THESE.