4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun
I was searching through the masses of Horrible Histories things on here and found this. Wasn't too aware of BrainBox myself, and my children aren't 8+ but it was cheap enough that i thought i'd give it a try.
Published 20 months ago by kutekiller

1.0 out of 5 stars Ghastly
I am running out of words for these presents I was asked for.Suffice to say the rubbish bin looked an inviting receptacle.
Published 3 months ago by Mike Brooks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: BrainBox Horrible Histories Vile Villains (Toy)
Well both my five year old and my seven year old love Horrible Histories and they love this game. We have done away with the timer, it was too quick to run out, even i didn't have enough time to properly look at the card including reading everything and i've never been considered a slow reader.
We have changed that bit to the words on the card need to be read out loud and then a bit of time to check out the pictures.

We like our method, it doesn't detract from the game aspect and it means that we all at least get the chance to hear the facts and maybe retain them for future reference. But i guess thats the beauty of it, its such a simple concept, main game components - cards with facts and pictures and test your memory/knowledge questions, incidental game components - dice, timer. it means you can make the game work for you.

I will be looking to get other versions of BrainBox now because this one was so good. i hope they live up to the great standard they set with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful fun that can be played again and again!, 31 Mar 2012
This review is from: BrainBox Horrible Histories Vile Villains (Toy)
I bought this for my eleven year old brother for Christmas. He already had the Nature Brain Box and being a huge Horrible Histories fan, I didn't think twice before buying this edition.

Although other Brain Boxes can be a little young for that age group, the HH Box was perfect for him - and for the rest of us! We've played again and again, learning all sorts of interesting facts.

I would certainly recommend this to anyone thinking about buying it for your very own Horrible Histories fan - it's written with the same humour as the books and manages, in a very HH way, to impart knowledge without it seeming like you are learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gory fun, 25 Oct 2012
Mr. Peter Gurney (Rochdale UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BrainBox Horrible Histories Vile Villains (Toy)
Brilliant game at the right price. Bought for my 8 year old who plays it with his older brother. They love the "gory" aspect to it. At 10 minutes a game it fits in well around other things the boys do.

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal pressie, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: BrainBox Horrible Histories Vile Villains (Toy)
great pressie for 9 yr old boy or girls birthday party. They seem to love this 'theme' at the moment!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Small trivia game, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: BrainBox Horrible Histories Vile Villains (Toy)
Gave this to two of our friends son's and they both enjoyed these as presents. It is a different spin on a trivia game that they were interested in using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational and fun game, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: BrainBox Horrible Histories Vile Villains (Toy)
Game is great fun but educational too. Will definitely be purchasing the other titles too. It has given my daughter an interest in history.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty cool, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: BrainBox Horrible Histories Vile Villains (Toy)
I bought this for my 9 year old son. he says 'I think it's pretty cool.' We've played other Brainbox games and enjoyed them, and I bought this one as we're all also big fans of Horrible Histories and history in general. I'd definitely recommend this

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: BrainBox Horrible Histories Vile Villains (Toy)
Kids love it and hours of fun!!!!! Yes there are spelling mistakes but who cares when you are having fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrible histories brain box quiz game, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: BrainBox Horrible Histories Vile Villains (Toy)
My grandchildren love this game of horrible histories questions, a fun way to learn and share with friends and family

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: BrainBox Horrible Histories Vile Villains (Toy)
not the cheapest on the market but it was Christmas. our 11 year old was over the moon when she opened the wrapping

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›