4.0 out of 5 stars wobbley
Published on 2 Jan. 2013 by Deggo

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for 300Km only
After about 300K the bearings give way and these normally very silent rollers become impossible, there's a major rattling noise that one can hear 2 floors up in the house. I cannot hear my headphones music with the rattle. Strangely this occurs only in the middle I can ride left and right of the roller and no noise but a few offs as riding close to the edge.
Been to...
Published 13 months ago by Luca

4.0 out of 5 stars wobbley, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Tacx Galaxia Rollers (Sports)
Have taken up cycling again at 65, so for when its wet, I bought these. Good construction, and light at the same time, fold away to a small size, but I leave mine up. Used to train on rollers many years ago, but these demand a degree of concentration to say the least. Took me a good hour on and off, mainly off to get into it again. In fifteen minutes I am really sweating, I tried a turbo trainer, but found you have to work harder on these, slack off and you fall off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes time, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Tacx Galaxia Rollers (Sports)
Word of warning the instructions are wrong. The instructions tell you to put the drive belt on the front and rear roller. The band infact goes on the middle roller and front roller (even pictures on the box show middle roller).
Other than the instructions I would say its a great product. I've not done any road biking and I'm definitely not in shape and rather middle/top heavy.
It took me around an hour to get my grips and I can now cycle freely with a few odd wobbles when standing out of the saddle.

I'm using a 700c bike with skinny city tires and it works just fine. A touch more noise than racing tires.

My 2 tips would be to view the YouTube videos for setup and beginners advance.
Set up your roller in a door way until you get used to them. This enables you to support yourself and save any beginners accidents.

4.0 out of 5 stars It may just me be but after a week its very difficult to stay on with with a road bike, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Tacx Galaxia Rollers (Sports)
Product arrived promptly, easy enough to set up. I played around with the space adjustment for the front wheel and found it most stable at 1cm behind the vertical axis from the front roller up to the axel of that front wheel (the single roller is where you front tyre goes).

One word of caution..It is still seriously wobbley after over a week on my Giant Defy (but fine on a mountan bike). Many years ago I won some Eurpoean medals for BMX (before X Games :) so my balance is probably still better than average. The road bike's skinny front tyre is all over the place with the slightest tremor and a LOT of mental concentration is required making it impossible to even slighty relax. Others however say they got used to this model on road bikes..and obviously many use other rollers with no problem.
Maybe its my bike's geometry but be advised if planning to use a road bike (and your say 40) for some time you will need squirrel like balance to take your hand off whatever was keeping you vertical a few seconds beforehand.

5.0 out of 5 stars A KILLER, 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Tacx Galaxia Rollers (Sports)
This is a brilliant product - well conceived and executed - only problem is for us poor users who have to keep pedalling so as not to fall off! Seriously though, this is a real boon when it's either too wet or windy to really enjoy your normal tour, and certainly keeps the muscles and calories turning over. Thoroughly recommended (and get the Tacx Sweat Cover with it to protect you bike)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for 300Km only, 25 Feb. 2014
Luca (Luxembourg) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tacx Galaxia Rollers (Sports)
Been to lots of forums various advice followed to no avail, from greasing to installing rubber rings in the shaft that runs trhu the cylinder. Wrote to Tacx who took 3 weeks to reply only to say to take them back where I bought them under the warranty which had of course expired and I bought them on the web anyway. SO DONT BUY THESE, ELITE ARE MUCH MORE RESPONSIVE IN AFTER SALE SERVICE. I WAS EVEN PREPARED TO BUY NEW CYLINDERS OR SHAFTS OR BEARINGS BUT THIS WAS NOT OFFERED OR SEEM TO BE AVAILABLE. POOR SERVICE FROM MANUFACTURER.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the rollers but on the sixth time I was ..., 12 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Tacx Galaxia Rollers (Sports)
I love the rollers but on the sixth time I was using them and twenty minutes into a workout the cable snapped on the joint. Will need to contact Tacx and there is not facility to contact the seller on here and this is a product problem as it snapped on the joint. Other than that they do the job really and they are really easy to get used to - just do not put any pressure on the handlebars or try to steer it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great tool, 10 Feb. 2014
L. Mccaulder (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tacx Galaxia Rollers (Sports)
a great too to improve balance, stamina and smoothness of pedalling technique - and thats what I wanted to say so this bit is just to comply with the word minimum!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unsure at first, but well worth it, 12 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Tacx Galaxia Rollers (Sports)
Instructions for putting the Galaxia are somewhat sketchy, in fact, that's just it, pictures, but with a bit of patience, it went together ok. Just follow closely. Before you hop on your bike, best visit Youtube, for some tips and hints on how to get on and off, this I found was essential. Once you get over that weird feeling of peddling, but going nowhere, the confidence will grow. I have done 16 miles today, the first time I have used it. Took about 5 minutes to feel comfortable, and then started to push on and get up to a decent speed. I even managed to work up a sweat, which is the purpose for my purchase. The Galaxia is well constructed and has some weight behind it, I would thoroughly recommend for anyone who is thinking of buying. I looked at the lesser model, seemed to average out at around £130, found the Galaxia from this seller for £177. In a word "SUPERB".

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Tacx Galaxia Rollers (Sports)
A great way to keep fit. Took 30 minutes to get use to the rollers but I'm now well into using them. Fabulous workout and the opportunity to train on my bike when on dark wet nights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep Rollin', 26 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Tacx Galaxia Rollers (Sports)
As far as rollers go I can't compare this to others as I haven't tried using until now but I will say that these are brilliant. Heartily recommend them.

Tacx T1100 Galaxia Rollers