Colour: Black / Yellow|Change

on 20 November 2015
The lock to get for peace of mind.

Well worth spending a bit extra to get this very sturdy piece of metal.

The lock is very well designed and comes with mountings to attach it to your bike. This was very good as the kit allowed it to be attached in different places ensuring a fit on most bikes. It is a heavy piece of kit but I would much rather that than lose my bike!

Also comes with 3 sets of keys, including one with a led torch, useful when trying to unlock it at night.
on 20 May 2016
Fits well in my rack-pack and certainly looks to be a bit of a beast! It should discourage most bike thieves except the truly determined, though it is heavy and in an interview with a convicted bike thief in the cycling press recently, he said that this make is not all it's cracked up to be, so who knows! It certainly fits pretty well through the rear frame, wheel and through a cycle stand in my city centre, though there would be room to get bolt cutters in there certainly isn't room for a bottle jack.
on 22 July 2014
Having this cable combined with the Kryptonite Kryptoflex cable gives me the confidence to leave my pedelec for short periods unattended. So far no one has tried to break it, I'm kind of hoping it looks too daunting for all but the professional thief! The cable lets me lash the bike securely to an appropriate fixture without leaving parts unsecured. The lock and cable combination is heavy but as the pedelec can step in and help me when I get tired or an hills, it's a perfect solution for me.
on 14 February 2015
Excellent lock but way too short to go around cycle parking furniture, unless you have a thin framed bike, I can't use it with my ebike.
on 27 January 2014
Quality lock thats up to the job for the streets of London. Yes it's heavy but that's the compromise for decent theft prevention.
on 1 January 2014
Brilliant lock so far. Feels incredibly sturdy and comes with a replacement key. Unfortunately the replacement key system is only available in America. It is quite heavy and as I found attaching the flexframe very fiddly I carry it in my rucksack. I thought the flexframe attachment was a complete waste of time. Very difficult to use and not very reliable feeling, despite following the instructions properly. Apart from that the lock itself is fabulous!
on 26 August 2013
What can I say. Its heavy, strong looking and so far my bike is still mine. Not really much more to add
on 27 January 2014
I use this along with an Abus Granit steel-o-flex to keep my beloved fixie secure in central london. Yes they add about 3kg between them to my backpack weight but just think of all the extra resistance training your doing! If you always park your bike in the same place i guess you could leave the lock there, but if your in love with your bike it's well worth spending the money on a good lock.
on 9 March 2016
Feels like it's cheaply made in places. The yellow plastic that covers the keyhole was already broken on arrival so I had to dig out the remaining pieces of brittle plastic. One key turns in the lock just fine but the other two stick. As others have commented, the fabric straps you're supposed to use to attach this to the bike are not good at all - I have thrown that away. Not all at what you'd expect from something that retails from fifty quid upwards.

Update: I have used this every day and the lock is very, very sturdy and reassuring so I have added back a star. Also, some lube in the lock combined with regular use to really work it in has helped tremendously with the sticking issue.
on 13 December 2015
After reading lots reviews of different makes I choose kryptonite New York standard lock.Comes with 3 keys and. instruction.it feels secure and I am not scared leave my bike in town. The only downside is that this lock is very heavy and it's not easy to find space on my bike to securely attach while I am riding.but overall very well made and hopefully will last