4.0 out of 5 stars Solid so far!
Pros

- The company will refund the cost of the bike (up to £800) if you register your lock and your bike with them on their website if your bike is stolen.
- Lock feels substantial and will certainly deter the opportunist thief.
- Solid cable, which ensures more complete protection for the bike, allowing you to tie in the front wheel too.
-...
Published on 26 Aug 2012 by M. Fermor

1.0 out of 5 stars DON`T BUY THIS PRODUCT DUE TO RISK OF LOCK JAMMING
Brought for me by partner. On the 2nd use the lock jammed and I cannot unlock it with either key. Now my bike is permanently immobilised at the train station :-( Now I have noticed other reviews here warning of this problem. This is a very secure lock so I have no idea how I'm going to cut it off. Not a happy customer.
Published 2 months ago by mr m powell

‹ Previous | 137 38 3946 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 16 Sep 2014
B. Zaki (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kryptonite Bike Lock & Flex Cable (Sports)
I will only say that my bike was stolen within a month.

5.0 out of 5 stars great lock, 3 Sep 2014
Mr. M Duxbury "Mikey" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kryptonite Bike Lock & Flex Cable (Sports)
fantastic product. nice knowing your bike is secure :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars solid lock, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Kryptonite Bike Lock & Flex Cable (Sports)
Its a solid lock that should deter thiefs. A bike that is correctly locked up with the lock and cable should deter most thieves, especially if other bikes in the sourroundings are easier "to get".
Small drawbacks: the cable and lock are quite small. So locking to large/thick pulls can be challenging to impossible. But I guess this is made on purpose to leave also minimum handling space to potential thieves. But keep a tissue with you at all times to wipe your hands after locking your bike ;-)
I disliked the holder; I was unable to fix it to the bike and I think, even if I had succeeded, its crap and won't last long.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Big., 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Kryptonite Bike Lock & Flex Cable (Sports)
Bike lock is too big to mount on bike frame, except in awkward places and still has to go in at an angle. The extra wire part of the lock is awkward and won't sit right without getting in the way. For a lock £20+ I would expect better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good lock, questionable mount, 1 Jan 2013
K. Ramwell (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kryptonite Bike Lock & Flex Cable (Sports)
I opted for a Kryptonite bike lock after hearing great things about them from my enthusiast mate and the lock lives up to its reputation. It is completely solid, very heavy duty and comes "free" with a flexible and tough cable for a more versatile lock, allowing you to protect front flick off wheels. I have not tried to break it for obvious reasons, but after a lot of prying it seems like it will keep bikes as safe as you can get with a lock like this. It will deter or stop all but the most determined thief.

However the mount is pretty awkward to attach and very flimsy. With the rather heavy weight of the lock and the movement of cycling, the mount seems to move around quite often even when attached very tightly. It will do, but I prefer to carry the lock around in my work backpack to stop it moving around and potentially catching on my leg or in the chains. The key can be a little awkward to put it and unlock too, but I have found this with all key based bike locks.

Overall the lock itself is quality, well worth the (at the time) £22 and will keep your bike pretty damned secure. However I am deducting one star for the poor mount; you'll probably want to carry it in a separate rucksack. Overall 4/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: Kryptonite Bike Lock & Flex Cable (Sports)
Logs arrived promptly as agreed and works very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lock. Feels very secure, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Kryptonite Bike Lock & Flex Cable (Sports)
Great lock. Feels very secure, cable is very handy

2.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to attach to bike frame - a big disappointment, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: Kryptonite Bike Lock & Flex Cable (Sports)
Lock arrived fairly promptly and well packaged. I haven't tried it out and about yet but it seems strong.

However, the instructions to attach the lock to the bike are incomprehensible. I wouldn't bother reading them as they proved more hindrance than help, for something that in reality is fairly straightforward.

I was disappointed to find that you cannot attach the lock from the straight edge of the D(the mechanism to attach the bike to the frame only attaches to the long edge of the D but can be rotated) as was possible with my old lock. This meant that I could not attach it to the seat tube as I had planned. As such, I cannot fix the lock to my bike frame as, although it fits the space, the large size of the mechanism and the way it slides into the mechanism to secure it to the frame requires a much larger space if you ever plan to get it off to use. Now, admittedly I have a small bike frame, but I naively assumed it would fit it as it is a standard bike size.

After a couple of careful attempts at attaching the mechanism to a few different places to see if there was any way I could get it to safely fit, the mechanism came loose and a piece of plastic (I assume there to try to hold the mechanism together before you screw it onto the "tug piece") was no longer serving any function. I am really not convinced by how well the mechanism will hold the lock in place without it shifting about dangerously. As such I have now given up and will have to carry the lock in my bag (a shame as it weighs a small ton!).

If you have brake cables attached to the underneath of your crossbar or the downtude of your bike (as most do), you will need to rethink where you might like to attach the lock as this will limit your choices due to the way the mechanism holds to the frame.

All in all, a good strong lock I'm sure, but a big disappointment that it won't fit my bike frame safely. I wouldn't recommend if you want a lock to fix to your bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very heavy and good quality but fitting to bike not so easily, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Kryptonite Bike Lock & Flex Cable (Sports)
The only reason this item is missing one star is the attach to bike mechanism is not easy to follow and wont see it good for long term.
Other than that, I got to be fair and say its an excellent item with a great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality always pays, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Kryptonite Bike Lock & Flex Cable (Sports)
Excellent quality. After having a much loved bike stolen -along with its locks-we decided to invest in a Kryptonite lock + cable.
Thieves tried to take our bikes from the rack on the back of the car.....they unravelled the straps but stopped when they realised we had this lock which tied both bikes to the tow bar. Brilliant!!!

‹ Previous | 137 38 3946 | Next ›