5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!
A great read, did not know what to expect in the first couple of chapters, then off we went on a rollercoaster ride.
Published 7 months ago by micmac

3.0 out of 5 stars A Unique Concept
This book is truly unique and I have never read anything like it before. The author brings together the various theories that are present throughout the history of mankind on how mankind will be destroyed or saved on the 12.21.12. The plot of this novel was addictive and I found myself unable to put it down.

McRae has certainly done her research and is able to...
Published on 28 Feb 2012 by S.Duncan

3.0 out of 5 stars A Unique Concept, 28 Feb 2012
This review is from: 12.21.12 (Paperback)

McRae has certainly done her research and is able to combine reality and fiction to create a world that I could hardly believe didn't exist.

There is a lot of characters that the reader meets throughout this novel and not all of them are what they first appear to be. The characters really draw the reader into

Overall this was a excellent read, I am a great fan of novels with historical content and this novel did not disappoint. I highly recommend this novel to everyone. I look forward to future work from Killian McRae.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 7 Feb 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars An adventure in time and space, 2 Jun 2014
N. Mercier (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 12.21.12: The Vessel (The Altunai Annals) (Kindle Edition)
Not at all what I expected, but an adventure nonetheless. Marred by frequent typos, particularly in the later chapters. If the author wants to contact me, I can offer proof-reading for later books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Lara Croft, Indiana Jones and the Jedi, this story has them beat., 1 Mar 2014
Chris Graham (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 12.21.12: The Vessel (The Altunai Annals) (Kindle Edition)
What do you say about a story that mixes South American Olmecs, the last Egyptian Queen, ancient Gods, a present day art thief, a Russian Mafia Boss, and that unforgettable date - 21st December 2012?

I say WOW!

Forget Lara Croft, Indiana Jones and the Jedi, this story has them beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars 12.21.12, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: 12.21.12: The Vessel (The Altunai Annals) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this book. A little Indiana Jones meets Dan Brown. The authors knowledge of the topic shines through.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5/5 - For fans of Stargate, Lara Croft and The Mummy!, 4 Jun 2012
This review is from: 12.21.12: The Vessel (The Altunai Annals) (Kindle Edition)
That was one hell of a great book! Honestly, guys, if any of you liked Stargate, Lara Croft, The Mummy and stories about gods and godlike creatures, this book is for you.

Immensely entertaining paranormal mystery, intriguing characters, really good world-building, fast pace... What else do you want? I gobbled up 12.21.12 in just a few hours, and felt really satisfied afterwards. There was no cliffhanger. The story was nicely rounded up, and you sort of knew what to expect from book #2. The romantic line wasn't overwhelming despite being the moving force behind the action of the main characters, all the side-characters were interesting as well.

The cast was just WOW.

Dmitri Kronastia, - what a charming villain, who was so much more than you assume in the beginning.

Quote:

The smile that crossed over Dmitri's face was one of pure amusement. "Now, doctor, what did you expect? Big burly, sweaty Russian, balding, big vodka gut and thick, sausage fingers? Someone who would shoot you as well as look at you? A hostile, hardened criminal?"
Almost shamefully, Shep confirmed that that was exactly what he had expected.
"Then, yes, I can see why you're surprised," Dmitri said with a chuckle. His smile only enhanced his youthful appearance, reminding Shep of the mismatch between his looks and his history. "Truth is, Dr. Smyth, I'm not even Russian."

Victoria - a mysterious world-famous art thief and Dmitri's arch-enemy.

Quote:

"Christopher, I understand you're just doing your job. I'm really sorry about this," she apologised, though her tone hardly seemed remorseful. "You do seem like a really nice guy."
He was perplexed, and shivered when he felt Victoria's fingertips bend around his wrist. "What the... "
He looked down at the joining of their hands in confusion. It should have been impossible, but the pallor of his skin seemed to be getting more pale by the second. Was it shock? Was she squeezing so hard that she was actually forcing the blood from his hand?
Then the feeling of ice began to flow up his arms, slowly snaking its way towards his chest. Trying to reclaim his hand, he found it useless. She had him pinned, and he could not negotiate his release. Instead, he looked at her with a confused expression.
"Teleportation is a difficult thing, takes lots of energy, and I'm already cruising on fumes," she said simply. "I'm so sorry that you have to die, but I'm just doing my job."

Then there is an archaeologist Shep Smyth whose theory that Cleopatra was killed got him into this mess; Alex - an acolyte of Sekhmet cult; Priest... Ancient Egypt, Machu Picchu, London, Cairo... and so much more.

I find it actually quite hard to write a coherent review when there is so much goodness which you don't want to spoil for other readers. The characters felt genuine, the questions got answered and the story itself was pretty unique. I'm very impressed!

Highly recommended.