Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Price:£12.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 20 November 2011
I am a full time carer at home and have begun to start my day with Stretchworks. If I can, I do the 35 minute workout, but if it's been a disturbed night and I'm pushed for time I do the 10 minute one. Stretching taught muscles and easing a tight back whilst moving to the music, I end up feeling both relaxed and energised at the same time.

The exercises are a really good mix of stretching and strengthening - not quite like anything else I've tried - something like flexibility, muscle toning and relaxation all in one. They are quite gentle and easy to do, and you are encouraged always to go at your own pace. I'm getting stronger and muscle is replacing the bingo wings, which is satisfying. I really like the fact that the people demonstrating with Alison on the DVD are 'real' people - different abilities, shapes and ages - so I don't feel intimidated or that I can't do it.

Stretchworks has been a great discovery for me and a brilliant way to ensure that I can do something to look after my stress levels and keep in shape physically.

I would highly recommend it to anyone.
on 3 February 2014
I had been searching for the ideal workout for many years when a friend recommended Stretchworks. I have tried many fitness DVDs but none has impressed me as this workout. Before attempting the workouts I spent time on the detailed exercise section which was especially helpful in understanding how I could adapt the exercise if I was struggling. Alison explains the exercise in a way that is straightforward and easy to understand. She is also very encouraging about taking each exercise at your own pace and only stretching to where you feel comfortable. Over the weeks I have noticed a real change in my mobility and strength. I feel like I have grown taller and that my posture and balance has improved. I also found the breathing and steady pace of the exercises has actually helped me stretch my muscles more effectively. This calm approach which seems to activate all the muscle groups - is both relaxing and rigorous. The results surprised me and has changed my perception on how it is possible to achieve fantastic results through a steady thorough and thoughtful approach.
on 27 January 2014
My first ever Amazon review. I must have about 40 exercise videos/DVDs (maybe more, I haven't counted) but this is the one that motivates me to actually get up early in the morning and exercise - I use it alone or as reward after a barefoot low impact cardio or kettlebell workout. May have followed the programme 9 times in the 3 weeks I've had it but I've only done the 10 minute routine once, preferring to spend the time and get the benefit of the 35 minutes. Lovely stretch with constant movement and pleasant music though it does take a few repeats before you can follow along without checking tv screen. I'm 51 and used to be a regular gym-goer taking step and dance classes but lost enthusiasm when pain in right Achilles appeared over 10 years ago which expensive treatment did not cure. My perception is that this and the other barefoot workouts I'm doing are reducing that discomfort. If this continues, it's like a miracle, after so many years of caution even to walk fast.
on 4 February 2014
This Stretchworks DVD has been a fantastic purchase. I often travel and this DVD has been a lifesaver. It eases out any aches and pains and I feel re-invigorated after the workouts. Alison encourages everyone to take it at their own pace and only go as far as they feel comfortable. This approach is refreshing and gives me time to adjust the exercises where I need to and modify them depending on how I feel on any given day. Sometimes, instead of doing the 35 mins or 10 mins workouts I just take a few exercises from the detailed exercise section (not the actual workouts) and put them together as and when I need to. I find the shoulder and neck ones particularly helpful after a long flight and the recovery position is a great way to ease out the lower back and hip area; I could go on and on! This DVD is multi-functional on so many levels and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Sheila Nolan
on 4 October 2013
I absolutely love this DVD. I'd hit the age where I could literally feel my body seizing and stiffening up, so I bought this, I'm so glad I did. As other reviewers have said, there are 2 main workouts on the DVD, a 35 min one and a 10 minute one. There is a a section where you can watch each exercise in detail first to make sure you are doing them correctly. The class is run by Alison, who is incredibly warm and likeable (not in the least bit like a "celebrity", thank goodness for that), and the people taking the class are of all ages and abilities, watching them helps to ensure you do the stretches at your own level. I am now absolutely hooked, and try and do at least the 10 minute workout every day, I notice a difference if I don't, and I actually want to do the DVD, it's a pleasure not a chore. We were away for a few days recently, and I noticed myself getting stiffer by the day, I couldn't wait to get back to the stretches. If you've shied away from "exercise" DVD's in the past, or, like me, have bought them, done them twice and now they're gathering dust, then this is the DVD for you. Don't hesitate, buy it, and very soon, you'll be able to touch your toes. I can!!
on 18 October 2013
I just love love this DVD. I have been plagued with back problems from my early 20's and am frequently to be found at the osteopath trying to get some relief from my niggly back pain. I have tried yoga DVDs for beginners but I just can't follow the moves and my back ends up feeling worse.
This DVD is different - it caters for all ages and sizes; it isn't a glam DVD but it is extremely thorough and gentle at easing out my very taught muscles. There's a separate section on the DVD to explain each move which I found helpful at the beginning. I do the longer session (35 mins) perhaps three times a week and then try to do the 10 minute session every other day. I have discovered a freedom from my lower back pain that I have not had in years. Yes sometimes it niggles again if I've been doing too much but then I carry on practising and it ebbs away.
I knew I felt better but I was really interested to see what my osteopath thought. At my last visit he said he could see that the inflammation in my lower back had decreased significantly, that I was to carry on doing what I was doing and I don't need to come back for 3 months. Result!!
On the downside, putting Alison the instructor into black trousers and black socks wasn't a great idea as in the early days I struggled to see what her feet were doing, however this is a minor irritation. Overall a fantastic DVD (and I've tried a few) and I see myself using this for the rest of my life to keep me supple and my back in good shape.
on 10 December 2014
I am so pleased I came across this DVD; it has turned out to be a game changer for me. As way of background, I am quite overweight - working on it - and have always struggled to find an exercise that I actually enjoyed. Added to that, I am extremely inflexible. For weights I have got into kettlebells and really enjoyed that but knew I needed to address my natural inflexibility - and the creaking that seems to be inevitable as one gets older. This DVD has been a godsend. It's one of those exercise systems, like barre work, that gets more difficult the better you get at it. I think the design is really well done. There is a very comprehensive section that details each exercise and that gives form pointers and modifications for beginners or for people that struggle with specific exercises. There are then two separate programmes that put the exercises together. I read one of the reviews that said the lady often chose exercises from the 'instructional' and just did those when pushed for time and this also means you can work on areas that are a challenge for you eg hips.
These exercises are what I always hoped yoga would be to me but never has been. I couldn't 'click' with yoga but this has been so good for me. At the beginning I kept the remote next to me and took extra time getting into position and maybe extending the stretches a little longer. There is no yoga-type talk in this but I actually find it to be incredibly mentally relaxing. Whilst the exercises can be physically demanding, they also remain relaxing. Now I've been doing it a while I often mute it and put my own music on for extra relaxation. Doing them at the end of the working day completely energises me but not in a way that keeps me awake. It makes a rubbish day just disappear. The instructor is gentle and encouraging and the accompanying exercisers range in ages and abilities which is also encouraging. If you're looking for a stretch DVD that is demanding but doable, grows with you, and is also like taking a mental break I'm sure its worth giving it a try.
I am really excited about this DVD as it offers a safe form of exercise for both men and woman of all ages. As well as stretching tight muscles it also helps to strengthen muscles that support the skeleton, most importantly those of the spinal column. The exercises can be adapted to people of different age groups and activity levels to make them as challenging as you wish. It is a great non-impact exercise that encompasses a whole body workout in a controlled manor. The exercises are explained in a way that is easy to understand and require no complex equipment. Well worth trying.
on 30 October 2011
Alison's Stretchworks DVD is the very best. I have been following both this DVD and been to her classes for some time, and without doubt it is a perfect workout incorporating controlled stretching and strengthening exercises resulting in an overall sense of wellbeing. It has helped my posture, my balance, and has encouraged a more healthy approach to life. You can work at your own pace - I cannot recommend it highly enough! TRY IT SOON!
Hannah, Hammersmith, London
on 8 January 2013
Since I started doing these exercises I have not suffered from my chronic lower back ache which was always brought on by gardening and lifting. I have increased my flexibility and gained core strength and I'm sure my posture has also improved.

I found Alison's slow, simple and clear instructions for these exercises really easy to follow without having to see the screen all the time. I haven't seen many exercise videos but the ones i have seen don't give an explanation of each exercise. Alison clearly and simply shows you how to do the exercises and explains the benefits in the section "exercises in detail".

I love the fact that Stretchworks is accessible for men and women of all ages and for all abilities which you can see from the testimonials.

I would recommend this to everyone who wants to improve their fitness and flexibility! It is also very relaxing and has a wonderfully calming effect. Thank you Alison!